• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

O'er the Rampardos We Watched! (486)

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I. Love. Rampard.

I didn't care for it much, but after seeing it in action and having it "prrrrrr", I really need to get one in my Pearl ASAP.

I say this was the best Rock Gym. No Plot Device Fire Safety Devices and no Pikachu hogging the spotlight. Heck, this may be the best first Gym Battle (I haven't watched the Falkner episode in awhile though)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It probably is the best, but I remember Falkner's being good too, I just haven't seen it in a long time.

Roxanne's was good, but nothing really that special. And Brock's barely even had a battle in it.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Falkner's match was pretty awesome, considering how since Ash didn't dump his Kanto pokes off at Oak's before heading to Johto, the writers armed Falkner with some pretty dang powerful Pokemon. His Dodrio was badass.

flyboy1308

Coming Ta Town
I. Love. Rampard.

I didn't care for it much, but after seeing it in action and having it "prrrrrr", I really need to get one in my Pearl ASAP.

I say this was the best Rock Gym. No Plot Device Fire Safety Devices and no Pikachu hogging the spotlight. Heck, this may be the best first Gym Battle (I haven't watched the Falkner episode in awhile though)

Rampard isn't in Pearl. Only Diamond.

uber gon

Accept Change
It probably is the best, but I remember Falkner's being good too, I just haven't seen it in a long time.

Roxanne's was good, but nothing really that special. And Brock's barely even had a battle in it.

Just shows that the writers are learning from their mistakes, at least.

terrova

Beginning Trainer
I'm sure that 6th gym leader in anime will be hyouta's father and it will have toridepusu, or shieldon that will evolve.

scizor08

Back here. >.<
This is a greatest episode I've seen until this far..

Mello

Serial Fangirl
*fangirlsqueal* I saw this episode, and Hyouta sounds so smexi! I can't wait to hear his dub voice... hopefully it isn't as bad as his dub name.

Blaziryu

Man, this episode was wack. I seriously hate the writers of the show because they make Ash get away with too much sh*t. For instances, How the heck was Roark's Onix hurt by Pikachu's Thunderbolt when it didn't even set off the sprinkles like it did against Brock? And why didn't Rampardos's Flamethrower just go through Turtwig's Razor Leaf & directly hit it?

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was great. It was great to see that Ash has his own personal cheerleader (*cough couch* Gary*). The part with Pikachu breaking Stealth Rock was pretty cool. I thought Geodude sounded a slightly robotic this time compared to his battle with Paul a couple episodes back. The spinning dodge Ash used with his pokemon was pretty cool. I found it cool when TR backed off when Croagunk advanced towards them. I found it funny when Croagunk hit Jessie with Poison Jab. I thought it was cool how Turtwig was able to throw Rampardos. It was cool how they played the theme song during the Turtwig-Rampardos battle. The gym battle was really cool. It was pretty funny how Croagunk just showed up at the end of the battle after making TR flee.

Drummerdude

The theme song during the battle sort of ruined the whole moment for me, at least a new part of it was played. The dodging by spinning thing was cool at first, but got a little old after the Turtwig started doing it. The episode as a whole was pretty good, despite those few moments.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
The theme song during the battle sort of ruined the whole moment for me, at least a new part of it was played.

I'm suprised they did that to be honest, but hey it was pretty funny, and too be fair they did somewhat follow the original japanese episode by doing it.

Thunderpkmn

Thunder Pokemon User
Yea, the song did mess it up. The one thing I dint understand is why dint the flamethrower keep goin after it burned through the leaves? In any otha battle it wulda did that.

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
I liked evry minute of this episode, untill the theme song was played at the end, then I was like barf....

I don't particullarly like it when they put theme songs as battle music, unless it actually works, and Im sorry but that just does not work, I actually had to focus harder to hear what roark was saying.

but I still liked pikachus little samurai pose, croagunk killing jessie (jk) and rampardos himself, rampardos is cool, but also adorable in some poses, especially when rampardos uses flamethrower while sitting comfortably on the ground, just seeing that made me want to put one in my pearl version. aipom was good as always.

and does geodude still have teeth, I remember he ha teeth in shinji's battle but I don't remember if he did in this one ah well.

roark talking about comic books made me laugh too.

the only beef I had other than the theme song, was roarks obsessive need to explain evry move that happened in the battle instead of brock, I mean I don't mind if the sideline people are talkative, but the actuall battler seriously, tone down the talking and start battiling.

Rampardos is now my all time number 1 favorite rock type, although not that I like that many rock types anyway, but meh.

oh and one last thing, for rampardos being a rock type its tail was rather squishy, when turtwig bit down on it, kinda weird.

i haven't seen the Japanese version of the episode yet (i plan to when i get a chance to download it though) so can someone tell me what was played in the Japanese version near the end of the battle? i will admit that while the dub using their lame rap was not the best idea, it sure did get me by surprise.

Kazekun

I liked this epsiode. Though I didn't get the whole Croagunk thing. I also didn't understand how Pikachu wasn't able to defeat Rampardos when Pikachu should be 10x stronger than him, then Tutwig was able to. (the irony in this being Roark is the first gym new trainers battle in Sinnoh, so if Pikachu, who should be 10x stronger than Rampardos couldn't defeat him, how do you think other new trainers that are just starting out are gonna do against him?). But overall I liked this episode & found it amusing the Croagunk returned just in time for Brock not to notice he was gone. lol

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
i haven't seen the Japanese version of the episode yet (i plan to when i get a chance to download it though) so can someone tell me what was played in the Japanese version near the end of the battle? i will admit that while the dub using their lame rap was not the best idea, it sure did get me by surprise.
The DP intro theme - "Together".

It doesn't really feel like battle music, and it hasn't actually been used since, so maybe their music director realized how inappropriate it felt.