• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Of Authors and Artists

Sketchie

literally some guy
Yup, here goes. SketchQueen's second Fic! Granted, my last one was never finished, but it died, so I'm not continuing it. Maybe.

Of Authors and Artists

Rated: PG-13 (maybe)

Genre: No clue. Hopeful comedy.

Character Bio

Keldminrachi91; Dormant; Chess Zoroark

Chapter 01 (I Do Believe I am a Fish): Page 1, Post 1 (It's this one, right here! w00t!)
Chapter 02 (Believe it or Not): Page 1, Post 5
Chapter 03 (The Urban Planner of Mice): Page 1, Post 6
Chapter 04 (Warning: the Hallway is Dark): Page 1, Post 8
Chapter 05 (This is a Math Test): Page 1, Post 9
Chapter 06 (Tell Me When That's Boiling): Page 1, Post 14
Chapter 07 (Lemonade! Come Get Your Fresh Lemonade!): Page 1, Post 16

Chapter One - I Do Believe I am a Fish

Hello, and welcome to Of Authors and Artists. If you haven’t guessed yet, my name is SketchQueen. Or Haifisch. Or Taylor. Or The Great One. But to make things easier, you may call me Gavroche. It’s French, you see. Pronounce it Gav-rosh. I live in a community known as Serebii Forums. I make my living as a graphic artist, and I live in the loft at my shop Silver Souls Graphics. By the way, if you haven’t yet, go request from me. Anyway. That’s really not the point. The point is... Princess Cadence and Luke Skywalker are attacking the Fire Nation. Actually, that’s not the point either.

What?

Fine. Be a hater.

“Who on this great green earth are you talking to?”

“Those who are reading this.”

“Who am I?”

“Well, how am I supposed to know that? Introduce yourself.”

“Oh. Yeah. Introductions. I’m Queen Hibiscus Puggies the Twenty-fifth. I talk in pink.”

“Whatever, Pug.”

“Indeed. Now, tell the readers where we are and what we look like. And stuff. And CUT THE DIALOGUE, MISSY!!”

I rolled my eyes. “I like dialogue. And I’m the author. And... and HAH.”

“Well what do I look like?”

“Pug, you look like a Deoxys wearing Queen Elizabeth's dress.”

For the record, Queen Hibiscus Puggies the 25th is a Deoxys. And I’m human. (Supposedly.) Where we are, I don’t know. It’s just black. A never ending black room. Yeah, real creative here. You know what Imma do? I am an artist, after all, I do believe I will paint where Pug and I are.

Click here to view drawing - it's too big to view here.

Well there you go. Now we’re somewhere. We’re in my room. Yay.

“Gavroche, shouldn’t you draw yourself or something? Or maybe... draw me?”

“Sigh... fine, whatever, while I’m on Photoshop.”

Click to see image - I can't get images to work, I guess.

That’s what I look like. Brown hair, newsboy cap, mens jacket, white shirt. Oh, and I didn’t draw my wonderful brown pants and black Doc Martins.

“Wait. Gavroche...”

“Yes?”

“You’re a... you’re a boy!?”

“No. I’m not, actually. I’m a girl. But, because I am the author, I am writing myself in as a boy.”

“WHAT!? You can’t do that!”

“Yes, I CAN, actually.”

“Who gave you the jurisdiction to do that!?”

“Arceus.”

“How did you find Arceus!?”

“I’m the author. I can do what I want. Also, I know Dormant. He lives in the Fan Fiction district of Serebii Forums.”

“You author folk are confusing specimens.”

“You’re a pretty confusing specimen yourself. And, might I add, I’m also an artist.”

“Artist, author, same thing.”

“No, an author paints with words. An artist paints with... y’know, whatever media they use.”

“Speaking of painting, you haven’t painted me yet.”

“I gave up on you. I am not drawing a Victorian style dress.”

“WHAT!?” Queen Puggie’s face turned beet red, but suddenly changed back to normal in a comical fashion. “Oh hey, look, stuff that isn’t dialogue.”

“Yeah. Crazy.” I sighed. “Look, Pug, I can draw you in a more normal dress. But not Queen Elizabeth's.”

“But Gav-”

“NO BUTS,” I cut her off, “I will draw you the way I want to. ONE MOMENTUM!!” I took out my pencil and drew a table. I leaned in close to it, and blew on it. As I blew, sparkling green flames came out of my mouth. The drawing of the table glowed green, and in a flash of green light, there was a table in place of the drawing. Pug just stood there in surprise.

“WHAT THE FU-”

“PUGGIE!! No swearing. This is a PG fic.”

“WHAT THE FREAK WAS THAT!?”

“That, Pug, (and readers, you may want to know this too,) was Artist’s Breath.” I took out my pencil and shoved it in Puggie’s face. The pencil was made of polished quartz, with emerald stones engraved in a line down the side. “When one becomes an artist, they are given a magical pencil from the Artist Council. No two pencils are alike, and they each have names. Mine is named Anmut.”

“What’s so special about this pencil?”

“It can draw in 3D, just like the table I just drew. And the pencil will never dull or break, unless I lose my Artist Licence.”

“What’s with the green flames?”

“You are given Artist’s Breath when you are deemed a good enough artist. Artist’s Breath takes the 3D object you drew and brings it to life. However- there are laws to Artist’s Breath.”

“Like?”

“You can make anything you want, as long as you can destroy it and the creation won’t destroy or hurt anyone or anything. You also are forbidden to create human life.”

“Why?”

“Something about Equivalent Exchange with that one. Alchemy. I can ask Ed, he’s good with that.”

“Fine, fine, whatever. Just draw me for crike’s sake.”

I rolled my eyes and drew a sheet of paper on the table. With another Artist’s Breath, the paper appeared. I put Anmut behind my ear and took a normal pencil from my pocket.

“Why aren’t you using Anumutt or whatever its name was?”

“Anmut can’t draw normally. It’s a magical pencil.”

“OF course.”

“Shut up and let me draw you.”

Click to see image - I'm not describing these things, so you'll want to click if you haven't. Don't worry, it's all on photobucket, so I'm not plugging in viruses or anything like that.

“And there you go.”

(Dramatic effect... please wait.)

(Maintence mode... please wait)

“OH MY GOSH!!” Puggie flew five feet into the air. “THIS DRESS IS SO COMFY!!”

“Better than Elizabeth’s dress?”

“Much better. And much less puffy.”

At the sound of puffy, a flash of light shot out of my pocket. A breloom materialized and hopped up and down. “Breloom! Bre, bre, breloom!!”

Puggies blinked. “And who is this?”

“This is my breloom. Puffy.”

“Well who in the name of Arceus-”

And in that moment, Puggie was interrupted by a magikarp. A magikarp to the head. The magikarp had a note on its fin. The note said: STOP! SAYING! MY! NAME! FOR! CUPCAKES! SAKE!!

Puffy glared at the magikarp. Then, with ninja awesomeness, Puffy struck the magikarp dead with a single mach punch.

Puggie blinked. “What the...?”

I sighed. “Puggies. My breloom’s full name is... Puffy... Puffy the Magikarp Slayer.”

“You have got to be kidding me.”

“Hey! I didn’t name it!”

“Then who did?”

“My friend, Chess Z.”

“Why is his name so weird?”

“It’s a reference. Don’t ask.”

And then, off in the distance and coming closer, were police sirens. Then, they stopped. And there was a knock at the door. I glared at Puggies. “Stay. Here. Or. Else.”

Puggies nodded at a comical fast pace.

I went downstairs and opened the door. And guess who was standing in front of me.

Clicky to see image - Again, it’s just too darn big. But it’s not that big.

The person standing in front of me was Skiyomi, one of the moderators of my district.

I guess I should explain what’s going on here. Serebii Forums is split up into four states- the Gaming state, the Competitive state, the Anime state, and the Working state. Each state is separated into districts, such as the Role-Play district and the Fan Art district of the Working state. Each district has moderators, which are kind of like all powerful policemen with the power to Ban. There are ranks, too, so a moderator could be promoted to in charge of the entire state - maybe even the entire Forum.

Skiyomi smiled at me. “Good morning, SketchQueen. Gavroche.”

“Mornin’ Skiyomi.”

Skiyomi blinked in shock. “Did you... did you just strike through my words? What just happened?”

I chuckled. “Skiyomi, In this fan fiction, my name is Gavroche.”

“But Ellie didn’t change your name...”

“I’m the writer. And I felt like changing my name to something more manageable.”

“Well, okay. I’m here for a report.”

“What ‘cha need?”

“Just the date of the last post.”

“Last post? Lemme think here... the last post was by EpicJirachiFan, 17th of May.”

“Okie-dokey. I’ll be off, then!”

Skiyomi hopped back on her motorcycle and rode away. I went back inside and closed the door. “HEY!! PUFFY!! PUGGIE!! GET DOWN HERE!!”

Puffy slid down the banister as Puggie came floating down. “So, what’s with the Sailor Moon police uniform?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know. You have to admit, though, it looks good on them. I mean, look at this picture of Psychic!”

Clicky to view image - Technically, I’m not drawing any of this. So far. But you will see my art in here. Eventually.

“That’s wonderful. Puffy has a question.”

“Bre! Loom, breloom bre?”

I looked at Puffy, then at Puggie. Puggie sighed. “She said, did this chapter have any storyline?”

“Nope,” I laughed, “This chapter was pure introduction.”

Two shadows met in the darkness of an alleyway (I know, great beggining. Shut up.)

“Hey! Dizzy!”

“Dormant. Glad you came.”

“Have you heard?”

“Yeah. That SketchQueen Gavroche is jumping on our bandwagon!!”

“HOW DARE SHE!?”

“He.”

“What?”

“She’s a he in this fic.”

“Who gave her the jurisdiction to do that!?”

“Arceus. She came and talked to her a while ago.”

“Whatever. What are we going to do!?”

Suddenly, like a greek tragedy, a flash of light burst out of the alleyway and left a man in his late twenties standing there. Somehow Dizzy and Dormant remained shadows. “Hello.”

Dizzy blinked (I think) and stared at the man. “Who are you?”

“I am Mr. Bower, Sophia’s

“WOULD YOU GUYS PLEASE USE THE NAME WRITTEN IN THE SCRIPT!?” A voice called out from nowhere.

Mr. Bower looked to the sky and muttered an apology. “ANYWAY as I was saying, I am Gavroche’s Drama Teacher.”

Dormant sighed. “And you have to do with this fiction, how?”

“I have come to tell you a quote.”

“A quote. That’s ALL you came for!?”

“Yes. ‘Good artists borrow. Great artists steal.’”

“Is that all?”

“Yes. Good day to you, sirs! Or, um, misses, or... whatever you are...”

Dizzy growled. “So she’s-”

“He’s.”

“Whatever! He’s trying to prove himself a great artist?”

“Apparently so.”

“I AM ANGRY NOW!!”

“Dizzy, calm yourself. Let’s go find Gavroche and talk to him, shall we?”

Dizzy scowled and supposedly nodded.

“I’ve found it! Finally, it’s mine, and I shall have it!”

AU: So, this chapter sucked, and probably read like a drabble. NEXT CHAPTER: ACTUALY STORYLINE!! (SO EXITED.)

Last edited:

Dormant

I'M A TREE RAWR
WOW!!! :eek: Great introduction!!!

So, I've got Arceus. Dizzy's got Grovyle. And you have Deoxys! Huh, Pokemon partners must be new trend for fan fiction!

But seriously, LOL on the introduction. Interesting concept on having an Author/Artist as the main character. Also, LOL on the Deoxys picture! Man, you're a good artist! :)

I also find the genderbend quite funny as well!

Though there's one thing bugging me. First of all, In Author's Run, Arceus doesn't mind people calling her name. And the Universe is the one that sends Magikarp messages. Arceus just shouts really loud.

But aside from that, I can tell that I will enjoy this fic! :)

EDIT: Btw, Don't actually add pictures in this thread. I recommend you read the Fan Fiction Rules, just incase. I don't know whether adding links to the pictures is okay or not. I hope it's okay.

EDIT: Well never mind, It seems adding links to pictures IS Okay! Also, PM ME!!

Stay safe!

So Dormant;429; signing off..

Last edited:

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
If I remember correctly, there's already an ongoing fic like this. But that aside, this is quite good, slightly humorous, and very random. It seems almost if you and the other author are using the same idea- but the other authors developed it further, and each of you have your own unique spin on it. And by saying 'developed it further', I mean it's been around for a while, not that yours is worse. Good job so far!

-Shymain

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
First of all, this fic is absolute BEAST! This has earned the right to have a review with QUOTES!!!

The point is... Princess Cadence and Luke Skywalker are attacking the Fire Nation.

YEAH!!! Go MLP and Star Wars (although I've never seen the latter) ;P

For the record, Queen Hibiscus Puggies the 25th is a Deoxys. And I’m human. (Supposedly.)

So, now there Princess HalibutLunaManchesterUnitedChibiMuttPimpleButtFace the Grovyle, Queen Hibiscus Puggies the Deoxys, and ArmantineHondaLaVista the Arceus. XD

Skiyomi smiled at me. “Good morning, SketchQueen. Gavroche.”

“Mornin’ Skiyomi.”

Skiyomi blinked in shock. “Did you... did you just strike through my words? What just happened?”

Lol

(Dramatic effect... please wait.)

(Maintence mode... please wait)

This is *pause for dramatic effect* just too *pause for dramatic effect* HILARIOUS!!! :p

Insert entire conversation between Dizzy and Dormant here

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!! This fic, even it is pure introduction, is awesome!! Now we have a trio!!! (of random fics like this, that is.)

I am OFFICIALLY subscribed, and if there's a PM list, can I be on it?

Sketchie

literally some guy
LAST TIME, ON AUTHORS AND ARTISTS:

You may call me Gavroche. It’s French, you see. Pronounce it Gav-rosh.

For the record, Queen Hibiscus Puggies the 25th is a Deoxys. And I’m human. (Supposedly.)

"My breloom’s full name is... Puffy... Puffy the Magikarp Slayer."

“I AM ANGRY NOW!!”

“I’ve found it! Finally, it’s mine, and I shall have it!”

Chapter Two - Believe it or Not​

“WHAT!?” Puggies screeched. Another magikarp has just fallen on her head with another note. “The Universe LIED to me!! This note was from THE UNIVERSE, not from ARCEUS!!”

I sat on the couch, drinking chocolate milk and reading the newspaper. Puffy sat on my head. “Tough beans.” I paused and did a spit-take. “Oh my gosh...”

Puggies fluttered over. “What is it?”

“This.”

Clicky to see image - VERY important you see this one.

There was an eerie silence. Puggies stood there, speechless. Puffy covered her eyes (somehow).

I take the blame of breaking the silence. “I wonder...”

Puggies and Puffy looked at me expectantly.

I sighed and closed my eyes. “A Glitch.”

“Bre?”

“I said, a Glitch.”

“What’s a Glitch?”

“A glitch is a piece of coding that was never meant to be. In this case, a Glitch is a person who’s gone rogue, and found a way to teleport through coding.”

“And you think...”

“That’s one of my theories, yes.”

“That are you other theories?”

“Well, someone could be messing with the Timing Gears.”

“Breloom loom?”

I gave Puggies a questioning look. Puggies rolled her eyes. “She asked what a Timing Gear was.”

“A Timing Gear is much like a Time Gear, but for forums. I makes sure everyone’s working at the same time in the forum, and not one at 7:00 am and another at 9:00 am.”

“Punny. Any other theories?”

“It could be a Slasher.”

“A wha?”

“Do I really need to explain EVERYTHING to you guys!?”

Puggies and Puffy both nodded.

“Fine. A Slasher is an Artist who lost their licence... but their pencils haven’t broken. They’ve found a way to enchant their pencils so that even if they lose their licence, their pencils still won’t break.”

“So, we have a either a Glitch, a screwed up Timing Gear, or a Slasher?”

“Or even worse- all three.”

Puggies and Puffy froze.

I laughed. “Just kidding, you guys. Someone going Glitch is really rare. Someone going Slasher is really rare. Someone finding a Timing Gear is even more rare. And someone, being a Glitch and a Slasher AND finding a Timing Gear... well, that’s nearly impossible.”

Puggies shivered. “Still... it’s scary.”

“Don’t worry,” I shrugged, “I’m sure the Mods will have it fixed by tomorrow.” A sudden roll of thunder echoed through the room. I walked to the window and looked outside. Ones and zeros fell from the sky. “Raining...” I grunted.

Puffy sighed.”Loom. Breloom, loom breloom?”

I glanced at Puggies. “Yep. That’s me, translator. Puffy asked if that ruined the plans for today.”

“Yeah,” I nodded, “It has.”

“Wait wait wait. It’s just rain!”

“Just rain? JUST RAIN!? Just 1st degree burns!”

“It can’t be that bad.”

“Yes, it is that bad. Unlink normal rain, Forum rain can actually burn your skin to the bone. Only Moderators are capable of being outside in Forum rain.”

“Why are they able to?”

“Do you remember the wand Skiyomi had on her belt?”

“The one with the crescent moon on it?”

“Precisely. That wand gives them special powers, such as the power to be outside in Forum rain.”

“What else does it do?”

“It gives them the power to Ban. If they put the tip of that moon on your forehead, you’re doomed to a Ban. Most bans put you in a coma for a certain period of time. But a Permaban... that kills you.”

“Does Serebii Forums have a cemetery?”

“Well, no. You just turn into ones and zeros.”

“Creative.”

I was about to say something when Puffy started to bounce and point outside. “Bre! Loom, loom, loom, bre! Bre bre breloom!”

I walked over to the window and stared outside. I couldn’t believe it, but the rain had stopped. “What is this, Utah!?” I screamed. Puggies and Puffy stared at me. I waved it off and gestured them to follow me. I ran downstairs and out the door. I stopped abruptly and turned to Puggies. “Pug. You need to be quiet, and if you must talk, act like a Deoxys. It is imperitive.”

Puggies growled and nodded. “De-yah-xis.”

“Thanks, Puggies!” I continued to run down the road. Eventually I came here:

Clicky to see image - special text, blah blah blah. You people know that credit doesn’t go to me yet, right? Yep, none of these images are stuff I actually drew. Except for the newspaper. I did that on Photoshop.

The marketplace of the Art district. I didn’t draw in people because for one thing, I’m lazy, and for another, it’s usually pretty busy. But not that busy. I walked over to a tent that sold apples. Only apples. I started looking at the apples. (But only the apples.) Then, something poked me in the back. I looked up to see a fairy floating above me.

Did I mention yet that all these shops are run by fairies? Well, all these shops are run by fairies. The one that poked me looked like this.

Clicky to see image - I couldn’t find credit for who made this one. Just know that it is a dress up game (I’m lazy, and my scanner is being a derp-face) and the game and artwork was not by me.

Most fairies look like that. The only difference is hairstyle, clothes, and color scheme. And, contrary to popular belief, they do not have wings. They just float around in air.

“May I help you?” the fairy kindly asked.

I grabbed a bag of ten apples. “How much?”

“5 coins.”

I took out my wallet and handed the fairy five coins. The fairy nodded thanks and floated away. We walked around the market a little more, but eventually decided we needed nothing more and walked back to the shop. When I got back to the shop, two shadows were on my front porch. They looked vaguely like my friends Dormant and Dizzy. The one shaped like Dizzy waved as I walked in the door. I waved back. Awkwardly. (It’s hard to wave when carrying apples.)

“Why apples? Don’t you have braces?”

“Yeah. But, I wanted apples. Deal with it.” And then, to end my section of the chapter, I cut some of the apples up, and we all sat around the table like idiots and ate apples.

Dormant facepalmed. “What the crap, Dizzy!? Why did you wave to her!?”

“Was I supposed to do something else?”

“YES, you WERE.”

“Oh. Sorry. We could barge in...?”

“No. That’s too classic. She ne-”

“He.” Dizzy smiled. (Maybe.)

Dormant sighed. “He needs to come outside on the deck.”

“Why?”

“We force feed him ice cream, whack him on the wrist with a rubber chicken and then demand Belgian folk dancing rights!”

“Where on earth did you get that idea!?”

“I have my ways.”

“So, are we just going to sit here until the storyline progresses?”

“Yeah. Pretty much.”

“Here it is... the sec- sec-sec-sec-sec- pw3 h;girag8’hi h98tge09- Here is the second one!”

AN: So. More drabbling. A tiny bit more story line. ALSO: If the images aren't working, TELL ME. NEXT CHAPTER: EVEN MORE STORYLINE...

Last edited:

Sketchie

literally some guy
LAST TIME, ON AUTHORS AND ARTISTS

“a Glitch is a person who’s gone rogue, and found a way to teleport through coding.”

“ A Slasher is an Artist who lost their licence... but their pencils haven’t broken.”

“Just kidding, you guys. Someone going Glitch is really rare. Someone going Slasher is really rare. Someone finding a Timing Gear is even more rare. And someone, being a Glitch and a Slasher AND finding a Timing Gear... well, that’s nearly impossible.”

“What is this, Utah!?”

“We force feed him ice cream, whack him on the wrist with a rubber chicken and then demand Belgian folk dancing rights!”

“Here it is... the sec- sec-sec-sec-sec- pw3 h;girag8’hi h98tge09- Here is the second one!”

Chapter Three - The Urban Planner of Mice

Another morning and another spit-take later...

“Oh Mew, no...”

“What is it?”

“The newspaper. It keeps getting worse... and worse...”

Click to see image - another newspaper. Another important thing.

“Oh no... the Competitive and Anime states...”

“Our state is the only one left.”

“BRE!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!” Puffy jumped up and down, pointing at the window. I ran over to join her. I froze. The blue lights.

“Puffy! Puggie! We gotta go!” I ran down the stairs as quickly as I could, Puggie and Puffy following, and ran out the door. The blue lights were closer than before, and coming fast. There was nowhere to run to.

“We’re all gonna dieeeeee!!” Puggie was screaming.

“No we aren’t. If I can-”

AND THEN, like a greek tragedy, a lights flashed. And out of the lights came my drama teacher. “Good day, Gavroche.”

“BOWER!? HOW THE CRAP DID YOU GET IN MY STORY!?!?! And why did you give me extra credit on my drama test?”

“That’s not the way I expected you to greet me. I came into your story on my own free will. And about your other question, see me at lunch.”

“I hate that phrase.”

“Well, we teachers like that phrase. But that’s not the point of my being here. I am here to send you on an epic quest.”

“Oh boy.”

“Use your art skills. You must visit each region (not counting the new one), get each badge, and RESTORE BALANCE TO SEREBII.”

“That’s it?”

“Yes. Now- build your portal. The end of Serebii Forums is near. Take those two weird shadows with you. They’re important to the plot. Now, go, Gavroche! And remember that next year’s musical is Seussical!!”

And with that, Bower was gone. Then, something poked me in the back. It was the shadows of Dormant and Dizzy. “We want to come with you,” one of them said. (Unless it’s their section of the chapter, I’m never quite sure who talks.)

I shrugged and pulled out Anmut. I drew a hole in the ground with the word “Kanto” on it. I used some Artists Breath, and a portal filled in on the ground. I grabbed Puffy and put her on my head, nodded to Dizzy and Dormant, and took Puggie’s hand (or... well, you know what I mean.). And as the blue lights were almost upon us, I jumped.

And the world went black.

When I woke up, Dizzy and Dormant were gone. And I was in Pallet Town, according to a sign. A boy was crouched down beside me. He was dressed entirely in blue (sky blue shirt, jeans, deep blue boots) and had ice blue eyes and even paler hair that spiked up at the front.

“Uh, hello. Are you okay? You fell out of the sky.”

I groaned. “I’m fine. Just a little sore. Puggie, Puffy, how about you?”

My breloom, still on my head for some reason, nodded. Puggie sighed. “As good as I’ll ever be.”

I stood up and looked at the boy. He looked about 12. “So... is your name Blue?”

He shook his head. “A lot of people think that. But in truth, my name is Purpalicus.”

“Purpalicus.”

“Yes. Purpalicus. I’m twelve years old today, and I’m going to see Prof. Oak to get my pokemon!”

“Well, okay.”

“Can you come with?”

“Uh... why?”

“I don’t know. I just have a feeling like you should come with me.”

“Alright. Lead the way, Purpalicus.”

Purpalicus skipped down the road to the unmistakable Oak Labs. He opened the door for us. I withdrew Puffy.

Oak dashed up to us. “HELLO HELLLO HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!”

“Someone’s excited.”

“Are you ready for your pokemon, Purpalicus, I-don’t-know-your-name, and Kid-dressed-like-Deoxys!?!?”

I rolled my eyes. “I’m Gavroche. I swear it’s in the script. And she’s...”

“Queen Hibiscus Puggies! The 25th.”

“Well okay then!! ARE YOU READY FOR YOUR POKEMON PURPALICUS GAVROCHE AND QUEEN HIBISCUS PUGGIES THE 25TH!?!?!?”

“This guy has horrid grammar,” I whispered to Purpalicus as we both nodded. Puggies nodded hesitantly.

“WELL OKAY THEN!! What would you like, Purpalicus!?!?”

“Uh... I’ll take... uh... Squirtle.”

“Okay!! Here is your Squirtle!! Would you like to... NICKNAME IT!?!?!?!?!?!?”

Purpalicus shrank. “Um.. yeah... I’ll, uh, name it, Fluffypants.”

“FLUFFYPANTS IT IS!! What about you, Gavroche!?!?”

“Just give me the darn Bulbasaur.”

“OKAY HERE YOU GO!! Would you like to... NICK-”

“Nickname it? Yes, I would. I will name mine Industrial Design.”

“That’s a weird name!! But okay!! What about you, Queen Hibiscus Puggies the 25th!?!?”

“I want a Cubone.”

“You’re in luck!! Normally I don’t carry cubone, but coincidentally I have one!!”

“Dang, I wanted an argument.”

“WOULD YOU-”

“YES. I’m naming it Sphere.”

“Well okay!! HERE ARE YOUR POKEDEXES!!”

“We get pokedexes?” I whispered to Purpalicus. He nodded.

“HERE YOU GO!! Now go get badges and be amazing and GET OUT OF MY FACE!!”

And then we left.

“Dang,” I said to Purpalicus, “Oak’s really lost it since I last saw him.”

“Yeah. The sad thing is... he’s my great-grandfather.”

“WHAT!?”

“My dad’s name is Blue. Color names run in our family, I guess.”

“So, your name is Purpalicus... Oak?”

“That’s right.”

“Does anyone else besides me think that it’s kind of weird that a pokemon owns a pokemon?”

“Uh... wait, your friend there is...”

“Purpalicus, I’mma be straight with you here. I’m not from Kanto. Or Johto. Or anywhere like that. I’m from the world of Internet. And yes, my friend here is a Deoxys.”

“Oh-kay...”

“Yeah. I’m a pokemon. Keep it secret, ‘kay?”

“Uh... yeah... sure... I guess.”

“Well, Purpalicus, I’m going on a journey to save my homeland. Want to come with?”

“Seeing as my mom will freak unless I go with someone, heck yeah.” He gestured us to follow him, and led us to his house, which was right behind the lab. He opened the door for us again. “Uh, Mom?”

His mom, at the table doing who-knows-what, looked up when he walked in. An exclamation point appeared above her head. She walked over to Purpalicus and gave him a hug. “Aww, my baby’s going on adventure.” His mom reminded me of some perfect mom from the 60s. She looked like this:

Clicky to see image - well, here we are at another not my work.

Purpalicus shrugged her off. “Mom, I’m not little anymore. I can take care of myself!”

A girl stood up from the couch and walked over to her mother. “Oh, so little Purple’s going on a journey?” she said in a mocking tone.

“Shut up, Violet,” he said.

The girl looked completely different than her mother. She had long, deep purple hair with curtain bangs, heavily mascaraed and eye-linered purple eyes, with an unzipped purple jacket with the sleeves cut off, and a purple tank-top underneath. She wore blue-ish purple jeans, and exceedingly dark purple army boots. “I’ll say what I want, Purple,” she mocked.

“Now now, children, play nice,” Purpalicus’s mother said. Violet rolled her eyes and went back on the couch. Purpalicus’s mother turned back to him and said, “Who are you going with, sweetie?”

Purpalicus nodded over to Puggies and I.

I waved.

Purpalicus’s mother’s face turned into one that someone makes when he or she encounters a rather ugly chicken.

But in all politeness, She walked over to me and took my hand daintily and lightly shook it. “Nice to meet you... uh...”

“Gavroche.”

“Well then, nice to meet you, Gavroche. I am Scarlet. It’s nice to know at least someone will be out there with my son.” She nodded and rushed back to the table and sat down. “Well, Purpalicus, have fun out there... and be careful!! You have dinner packed in your bag. Don’t forget to visit! And don’t forget fresh under-”

“MOM!!”

“Sorry, darling. Now, off you go!”

We walked out the door. I looked at Purpalicus. “Purple?”

“Yeah. It’s easier to say. And it makes more sense. I mean, my dad’s Blue, my mom’s Scarlet, and my older sister’s Violet, so it makes sense to have a son named Purple.”

“Can I call you Purple?”

“Go ahead. Only Violet really teases me with it.”

Purple, Puggies and I walked to the edge of Pallet town. And that’s where I decided to stop my section of the chapter.

Dormant hit his head. “Why didn’t we talk to him then!?”

Dizzy sat on a tree branch in the forests near Pallet. “Well, I don’t know.”

“Where are they going?”

“Uh, where do you think?”

“To a land of ponies and jackalopes?”

“What? No! They’re heading for Viridian!”

“How would you know?”

“Because I READ THE SCRIPT. Unlike some people who go improv around here.”

“What was that, you kangaroo?”

“Did you just call me a kangaroo!?”

“Yes. I did.”

“You American Swiss cheese!”

“You olive!”

“You lemon!”

And then I decided that Dormant and Dizzy were quite irrelevant to this chapter, so I let them continue their argument. Off stage.

“Serebii Forums is mine! Wait... there’s a disturbance... what? Is that? No way... she’she's alive!? How- h-h-h-h-h-fhlurgse f nwpov fjioa- dang it! How is shehe's alive!?"

AN: So, I just realized that all of my main character’s names (besides Gavroche’s) start with either P or D...

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Here from the Review Game.

Well... hmm... I don't know what to say to this, honestly. You can enjoy something and like it. You can also enjoy something and not like it. I feel like I should like it, but I don't, not exactly. I don't hate it, and I am enjoying the creative meta-humor in here, but I feel like more could be done to it. Like for starters, it is pretty much lampshaded in the very first chapter how there's no description and just dialogue. And when there is description, it's pointed out with some uninterested excitement, kinda like “Oh, description. Yay.” But honestly... I feel like there should be description.

I know this is all in first-person, through the eyes of the author. This is also past tense, since it's possible that the author is writing out what happened to her—or... he I should say, while Serebii Forums is falling apart. It's not exactly hinted at, but that's the feeling I'm getting. From what I gather from Gavroche, she—he likes to be simple and get to the point. For this reason, at least he was kind enough to give the characters some personality that sets them apart from one another—sorta. Pug is easy to tell because she speaks in pink (which kinda hurts my eyes against the green, to be honest with you, I am pretty sure she is hard to read when it comes to other skins; yellow probably would've been the best maybe). Puffy needs a translator the entire time, and now we have Purple whom I can see has a personality, but I'm sure that if I stopped paying attention, I could mistake him for Gavroche—though he is kinda sporadic and that separates him from Purple.

Where was I? Oh yeah, description. I think it would be nice to have description in between stacks of dialogue. Not a whole lot, of course, but it acts like a “breather” of sorts, to help get a mental image to what's going on between them, and to get the atmosphere of the setting. Don't get me wrong, there is an atmosphere here, though it's... kinda no big deal? It's raining binary code, but we don't exactly have an idea as to what the outside world looks like. This takes place in the forums, right? I would like to have seen what these forums looked like before Gavroche runs off to Kanto. I don't expect it to be a very creative world, but anything would've been nice. I would have been okay with Serebii Forums being just a community of houses. Of course, you did mention states and districts... but how big are these states when compared to each other? How different is one state to the next? Are the districts crowded, or still growing?

See what I mean? I'd have liked to have gotten a feel of the world before we move on elsewhere. Now I did like how you describe the Moderators, but we only got mention of two of them, and all I know of is they dress kinda the same, but also a bit differently (so... all female Mods are Magical Girls xD?). What about Admins? Do they have a different uniform, or what? Their jobs are also different from a Mod's, so perhaps they have swords instead of wands? And what about just the regular Users? Are they just regular people, or what? That's what I'm talking about, and I would've loved to have seen that explored some.

Now I can tell some rules about the Pokémon world are going to be flipped on their heads, due to what happened with Professor Oak. This should be interesting, I got to say. Since it looks like everything takes place in the future, thus following the children of the protagonists, I can see that some things would've changed as well. I can also see the cities and towns being different—and speaking of which, if that's the case, shouldn't Pallet Town have been described a little bit, or at least have a picture drawn? (Which is another thing that kinda bothers me. Gavroche is an artist, but apparently hints that she/he hardly drew any of the pictures. I feel that should be pointed out at some point, and make characters question his/her actual drawing ability.) And also, I would've liked to have seen a bit of the travel to Kanto, since I take it the world of Serebii Forums and Kanto are two extremely different worlds, and thus is's possible the journey takes some time or a bit of scenery change.

So all-in-all, while I'm still struggling with myself about how I exactly feel about this, there's something rather charming about it. Since it's mostly all dialogue, it's easy to read, and the meta-humor works when it's pointed out. While I do wish the world is shown to be bigger and that there needs to be more ambience to scenes, this has potential. I take it this is your second fic in general, but it doesn't feel amateurish. I can see a lot of thought was put into it, to see what would work in this particular universe, and it has a creative feel to it. There's been quite a number of stories on here about the forums itself, and each one has a different interpretation of it. Unfortunately, I haven't really read them—I don't really go seeking out stories like that—but this one feels a little different. It's nothing original, but it's endearing.

I'm not making promises that I'll be here with every update, but I will check back here every now and then to see where it goes. That doesn't mean I want to be on the PM list, though, as I'm not that impressed/excited/hooked by it. It just has potential, and I want to see if you'll keep it up throughout its run, since these kinds of stories are extremely easy to slip and fall on.

Good luck, and happy writing!

Sketchie

literally some guy
Chapter Four - Warning: the Hallway is Dark​

LAST TIME ON AUTHORS AND ARTISTS:

-insert Kutie Pie’s amazing review here -- it was amazing, thank you so much!!-

“Well, we teachers like that phrase. But that’s not the point of my being here. I am here to send you on an epic quest.”

“But in truth, my name is Purpalicus.”

“Well okay then!! ARE YOU READY FOR YOUR POKEMON PURPALICUS GAVROCHE AND QUEEN HIBISCUS PUGGIES THE 25TH!?!?!?”

“Well, Purpalicus, I’m going on a journey to save my homeland. Want to come with?”

Purpalicus’s mother’s face turned into one that someone makes when he or she encounters a rather ugly chicken.

“Serebii Forums is mine! Wait... there’s a disturbance... what? Is that? No way... she’she's alive!? How- h-h-h-h-h-fhlurgse f nwpov fjioa- dang it! How is shehe alive!?”

Somewhere along Route 1... which looks strangely like Route 1... in Kanto...

I sat at a table, blank paper in front of me, while Purple lay on the ground. Puggies was admiring her work of setting up a somewhat large, light orange dome tent. I sighed. “It really feels like Route 1 would be a lot smaller.”

“Games have a funny way of messing with dimensions,” Purple said, ripping some grass out of the ground and letting it sprinkle out of his hand.

“Hey, Gavroche,” Puggies said, still admiring the tent, “You haven’t drawn much since the first chapter. You need to draw more. Draw Purple. Now.”

“You can’t order me around, Puggie.”

“I’m not ordering. Look at what you’re doing.”

And somehow, my subconscious was already making the simple sketches for drawing a boy. I sighed and forced myself to stop. “Fine. Purple, stay still. I need to draw you.”

Clicky to see image - this is my actual work. I drew this. So... yay... I guess. (OCC: Spoiler Alert, this image gives away Purple's middle name, which hasn't been brought up yet.)

“Why is my arm all weird? In the drawing, I mean.”

“Oops. Sorry... this will just be for reference, it’s not going to change anything about you.”

“So, I won’t have a bendy arm?”

“That’s right. No bendy arms for you.”

“WAIT.” Puggies looked back at me. “WHY does Purple have a bendy arm in the picture?”

I could feel my cheeks start to burn. “It’s... not my best work. Took me ten minutes.”

“Aren’t you supposed to be good at what you do?”

“I am! I just... am... uh... nevermind!”

Puggies stared at me. I couldn’t hold her gaze. Puggies turned back to the tent, saying, “That better not be your best work.”

Purple walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder. “I’m sorry, Gavroche. I think it looks good. It’s better than I can draw.”

I let my head fall. “Yeah, but... it could have been much better...”

Purple took a deep breath. “Maybe it’s the heat. Isn’t that jacket really warm?”

I nodded.

Purple ran to his bag and pulled some clothes out. “Here,” he said, handing them to me, “You and I are about the same size. Put these on, they’re a lot cooler.”

“And draw yourself a bag, too!” Puggies shouted.

I nodded a quick thanks to Purple and ran off into the trees. As soon as everyone was out of sight, I stripped down to my unmentionables. Unfolding the clothes Purple gave me, I slowly put them on. Why slowly, I’m not really sure. But I do have to say that Purple was right. They were definitely cooler. And much more comfortable.

Taking Anmut, I drew a simple bag. I used some Artist’s Breath on it, stuffed my old clothes in, and ran back to camp. Where I saw Ninja-Pirates taking Purple and Puggies hostage.

Just kidding. The Ninja-Pirates come in later.

Purple smiled. “More comfortable?”

I nodded. “Definitely.”

“Then why don’t you draw yourself for... the audience?”

I rolled my eyes, then drew another piece of paper. After materializing that, I drew a stack of paper. I put the stack of paper in my bag (which has the amazing ability to hold just about everything and still be lighter than a college math book), and took out a normal pencil. And then, I drew myself.

Clicky to see image - TWO IMAGES IN ONE! I drew myself and my bag.

I smiled. “That’s much better.”

Purple chuckled. “Your arms are twigs!”

“At least they aren’t bendy!”

We both laughed. Puggie blew her fuse.

“Are you f’ing serious!? Gavroche, you’re supposed to be good at this! And then you give us bendy and twig arms!? What the f***!?”

Purple cringed. “Don’t... say... that....”

I bowed my head. “I... I’m sorry... that you don’t like it... they’re just rough sketches...”

“Well get them to be not rough sketches!”

“It’s not important right now that they be absolutely perfect!”

“So!? Practice for the future!”

“I can draw well! I swear!”

“Prove it.”

“I will... later... one day... um...”

“Why not now? Are you not as good of an artist as you think you are!?”

“Both of you, stop it!” Purple yelled, separating us with his arms out, “Please, just stop fighting!”

Puggies looked away. I looked at Purple. “Sorry, Purple...”

“It’s okay. Just refrain from fighting. There’s so much fighting at my house. I don’t want it happening here.”

“Purple... what do you mean-”

“I don’t want to talk about it. There was fighting at my house and a lot of it. Leave it at that.”

Everyone stood there in silence. The sun was going down, leaving the sky streaked with purples and oranges. Puggies went inside the tent. Purple followed her. I sat down on the grass. “Was this a mistake? Did Bower lie?”

Dormant and Dizzy sat on top of Viridian’s brightly colored Pokemart. A small table separated them, cards arranged in what appeared to be a dodecahedron. Dizzy placed a card on the floor. “What are we even playing?” Dizzy said.

“I have no clue.”

“Why do we even have a section? We won’t be important to the plot for a few chapters.”

“Dizzy... Stop. Breaking. The. Fourth. Wall.”

“What wall?”

“Nevermind. Just keep playing.. whatever we’re playing...” Dormant placed a card on his head as Dizzy balanced one on her nose.”

“Route 1? I’ll give them a headstart. Keep running, little children. Run for your life.”

AN: I changed Puggie's color for her speech. Is it more/less easier to use? I'm on the X/Y skin, and it looks just fine. NEXT TIME: Tragic backstories! Lies! What the crap! And more storyline!

Sketchie

literally some guy
Chapter Five - This is a Math Test​

“Games have a funny way of messing with dimensions,”

Purple ran to his bag and pulled some clothes out. “Here,” he said, handing them to me, “You and I are about the same size. Put these on, they’re a lot cooler.”

“Why not now? Are you not as good as an artist as you think you are!?”

Dormant placed a card on his head as Dizzy balanced one on her nose.

“Route 1? I’ll give them a headstart. Keep running, little children. Run for your life.”

Purple, Puggies, and I stood there, staring at the sign the probably said Welcome to Viridian City. But the letters were all screwed around and almost unintelligible. And then we looked up.

Clicky to see image - A shot of Viridian City. And mah amazing perspective work.

People were doing the craziest things. One man was juggling soda cans. Another was riding on a unicycle while singing what appeared to be an off-key version of “Born This Way.”

“What the crap!?” I shouted to no particular person. “Since when was the world on crack?”

Purple was just as amazed as I was. “I don’t know what happened! I was just here last week, and it looked perfectly fine!”

Then, out of the blue, an old man came skipping up to us, with a duck in his arms. “Hello!” he said cheerfully.

“Hi?” I said, a little freaked out. “Who are you?”

“I am TheoldmanofViridianCity! And this is my wifey, Madame Twighla.”

I stared at the duck. The duck stared at me. I stared at the duck. “Are you aware that your wife is a duck?”

“Yes,” the old man replied.

(dramatic pause, please wait...)

(Actually, no, this is more of an awkward silence, please wait...)

(Awkward silence, please wait.)

“Well, um, okay then-”

And then, TheoldmanofViridianCity broke into song that is best described in... a Finding Nemo song.

I am the old man, old man, old man,
I am the old man of Viridian CITY!!
OOOOOOH
Fish sticks are blue,
Fish sticks are fun,
They make their food from the rays of the sun

Purple and I looked at eachother, then at Puggies. We all started to back away, then the old man stopped. And then he did something worse. He opened his mouth, and said, “Would you like me to show you how to catch a pokemon?”

“No, thank you, we need to go...” I said, pausing,

“Buy oranges from the market,” Purple finished. I shot him a grateful look.

The old man sighed, and seemed to deflate. The duck (who I think was named Madame Twighla) flew on top of his head. “Well, take these pokeballs. Seventeen and a half for all of you!” TheoldmanofViridianCity said.

I took the pokeballs and stuffed them in my bag. Purple did the same. Puggies took the pokeballs and pouted. “Hello, I don’t have a bag!”

I sighed and drew her one. I looked much like my bag and Purple’s bag, except it was orange and blue. Puggies smiled and stuffed the pokeballs in.

The old man saluted, then skipped off singing what is now his theme song. I shuddered. “What in the name of Samuel L. What’s-His-Bucket happened?”

Purple shrugged. “I told you, I don’t know. I was here just last week, and it was totally normal.”

“Maybe everyone got their hands on LSD or som-”

“Puggies!” I slapped her, “Drugs don’t exist in the Pokemon world! This is a world made for kids, remember! You don’t add drugs in a video game that’s rated E!”

“I don’t know, Gav, her hypothesis actually looks like a possibility,” Purple said. Suddenly, his eyes widened. He grabbed my wrist and started running. “Gav! The gym!”

“What does the gym have to do with anything?”

“My dad.”

And then we stopped. In front of this monstrosity.

Clicky to see image - I will never ever draw a gym like that again. Ever. Too many small tiles...

Purple, ignoring the fact that the gym had been plastered in arrow tiles, pulled on the door.

It was locked.

Purple knocked on the door as loud as he could. “Dad? Dad, are you there?”

No answer.

“Dad! Come on, you’re never home, please be here!”

No answer.

“For the love of Mew, open the door!”

No answer.

“Gyaaah!!” Purple headbanged the door. And slumped down on all fours. “Why did this happen!?”

“Purple, aren’t you just overreacting?” Puggies asked, drinking a glass of lemonade.

“No, I’m- where did you get lemonade!?”

Puggies nodded to the right.

“Fine, whatever. I’m not overreacting. This never happens. This never has happened. It should never happen. And look! It’s happening! I have all right to react the way I am reacting!!” Purple headbanged again.

“It’s not that bad, Pur-”

“YES IT IS THAT BAD!! Gav, you’re an artist and an author. Can’t you fix this!?”

I shook my head. “Nope. This wasn’t my decision to make. I did not make Viridian City this way, and I don’t know who made it this was, so I can’t do anything.”

“NOOOOOOO!!” Purple headbanged again, and passed out.

And then came a woman, dancing while throwing papers in the air. She sang...

It’s a town map,
It’s a town map,
It’s a town map,
It’s a town map,
It’s a town map,
It’s a town map,
It’s a town map,
It’s a town map,
IT’S A TOWN MAP!!

Town maps flew into the air, as if a town map volcano was erupting every other line of the song. I picked up two town maps and stuffed one in my bag. I handed the other to Purple, who was on the ground in a fetal position, shuddering while attempting to headbang. Eventually I was able to get him up and standing, handing him the town map again. He opened it up, looked at it for a second, and then put it away. Puggies took one out of the the air, and threw it behind her.

(Dramatic effect, please wait...)

(I need a super huge pause here, please wait...)

(Hi Dizzy! Please wait...)

(Proboards is down, please wait...)

(Arg, stupid Google, please wait...)

(Ending of the super long pause, stop waiting.)

“So,” Purple said, hopefully over his fit of... whatever that was, “Now that we all have a pokemon, shall we do battle?”

“Yeah. Sure. Okay.”

Lights flashed, blinding us, and somehow teleporting us to a battlefield. Purple and I stood on opposite sides of the field. Words flashed across the ground, staying long enough for me to read it.

BATTLE: GAVROCHE v. PURPLE

“Uh, okay. Go, Fluffypants!” Purple shouted, hurling a pokeball in the air. The pokeball opened, and a flash of red light came out, materializing into a blue turtle. “Squirtle!” it said excitedly.

I did the same with my pokeball. “Industrial! Go!” The red light materialized into a green, cat-like creature with a bulb on its back. “Bulba! Bulbasaur!!”

“Uh, so what should I do?”

“Pull out your pokedex, it’ll tell you the moves your pokemon can use,” I said, doing the same. My pokedex beeped on, and in an electronic voice, it said,

Bulbasaur, the seed Pokemon. A strange seed was planted on its back at birth. The plant sprouts and grows with this Pokemon.

Purple pulled out his pokedex, turning it on and pointing it at Fluffypants.

Squirtle, the tiny turtle Pokemon. When it retracts its long neck into its shell, it squirts out water with vigorous force.

“Uh, um, uh, okay. Fluffypants, Tackle!”

“Industrial, Growl!”

Fluffypants crashed into Industrial, knocking Industrial off balance. Industrial got up and growled at him.

“Tackle!”

“Tackle back!”

The two pokemon leaped at each other, colliding and being forced back.

“One more time! Tackle!”

“Industrial, dodge it and Tackle!”

As Fluffypants came flying in for another attack, Industrial moved to the side, and tackled Fluffypants in midair. Fluffypants came down hard, as Industrial landed squarely on his feet. Slowly, Fluffypants stood up, dizzy, but still determined.

“One more time!” Purple and I said in unison.

The two pokemon flew at each other, knocking both to the ground. The two pokemon struggled to get up, but eventually, Fluffypants gave up the fight and fell to the ground. Words flashed on the battlefield once more.

VICTOR: GAVROCHE 1/0

Purple and I shook each other's hands as Purple gave me the prize money. The light flashed again, and we were back in front of the pokemon gym.

“Hey!” Puggies shouted, “I wanna battle the winner!”

I sighed. “Puggie, you can battle me later. This section of the chapter has gone on long enough.”

Dizzy and Dormant were still on the roof of the Pokemon center. They had abandoned their card game and went to watch Purple’s breakdown (as witnessed earlier).

“Whoa. That’s hysterical,” Dormant chuckled.

“This is more hysterical than dunsparce not evolving.”

And they watched. They just watched.

“Get ready. I’m coming.”

AN: Sorry for the wait, guys, Viridian City gym took FOR-FREAKING-EVER to draw. So. Review? Please? (Quote reviews are nice, they give me stuff to put in "Last Time on AaA")

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Hey! I'm on vacation right now, so I'm doing this from a tablet. But great chapter! So, an official acronym? So how many things does everyone have in common now? We're all in our own fics, we all have collage banners, we all have a Pokemon that talks, we all have an acronym, and we all have comedy fics. So, here's your review for chapters four and five!

Chapter Four:

Not a lot of plot advancement, but I think it's great the way it is.

YAY, I broke the fourth wall in TWO fics (just wait for Chap 10 of HTSS)!!

I also like your drawings, and I personally suck at drawing people >_< Unless stick people count... XP

Chapter Five:

I'll try to quote a couple of things, but my mom's tablet is trolling me >_< If only I could've brought my laptop on vacation... XP

First of all, your drawings are awesome. Especially the gym, where the gym leader wrote that he needed some for his floor. Lol!

Oh. My. Arceus. A random reference appeared! Go Lol! XD

To the tune of the “I’m the Map” song...:

My childhood in 9 words.

I love the duck marriages as well.

Sketchie

literally some guy
Hey! I'm on vacation right now, so I'm doing this from a tablet. But great chapter! So, an official acronym? So how many things does everyone have in common now? We're all in our own fics, we all have collage banners, we all have a Pokemon that talks, we all have an acronym, and we all have comedy fics. So, here's your review for chapters four and five!

Chapter Four:

Not a lot of plot advancement, but I think it's great the way it is.

Yeah. Really all chapter four was for was to draw what Purple looks like, Gavroche changing into normal clothes, and the argument between Puggies and Gavroche.

YAY, I broke the fourth wall in TWO fics (just wait for Chap 10 of HTSS)!!

I'm trying to do a straight man/funny (wo)man with you and Dormant, and you're the funny guy.

I also like your drawings, and I personally suck at drawing people >_< Unless stick people count... XP

Stickmen totally count. That's what I start with when I draw peoples.

Chapter Five:

I'll try to quote a couple of things, but my mom's tablet is trolling me >_< If only I could've brought my laptop on vacation... XP

First of all, your drawings are awesome. Especially the gym, where the gym leader wrote that he needed some for his floor. Lol!

Thank you. I wrote that note because I got too lazy to finish... so I decided that the gym leader would be too lazy too.

Oh. My. Arceus. A random reference appeared! Go Lol! XD

I loved that part in your fic so much, I just HAD to reference it!

My childhood in 9 words.

I love the duck marriages as well.

I had the duck marriage planned from Chapter Two... we have ducks in our yard, and the old man in Viridian City always seemed like a nutcase to me, so I decided that the two shall marry.

OK GUYS: I actually have GPP's (Gavroche's, Purple's, and Puggies') Pokemon teams all laid out, and so I'll be working on drawing them as Gijinkas, so look forward to those near the end of Kanto. Also, I have just started on Chpt. 6, so... yeah. Okay bai.

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Yeah. Really all chapter four was for was to draw what Purple looks like, Gavroche changing into normal clothes, and the argument between Puggies and Gavroche.

I'm trying to do a straight man/funny (wo)man with you and Dormant, and you're the funny guy.

Stickmen totally count. That's what I start with when I draw peoples.

Thank you. I wrote that note because I got too lazy to finish... so I decided that the gym leader would be too lazy too.

I loved that part in your fic so much, I just HAD to reference it!

I had the duck marriage planned from Chapter Two... we have ducks in our yard, and the old man in Viridian City always seemed like a nutcase to me, so I decided that the two shall marry.

OK GUYS: I actually have GPP's (Gavroche's, Purple's, and Puggies') Pokemon teams all laid out, and so I'll be working on drawing them as Gijinkas, so look forward to those near the end of Kanto. Also, I have just started on Chpt. 6, so... yeah. Okay bai.

*Goes to Google to look up what Gijinkas are*

Gym leaders can be pretty lazy. All they do is sit around in a building and wait for children so they can battle animals and give them pieces of metal. Unless it's Miror/Mirakle B, of course.

...Just realized how wrong "Sit around in a building and wait for children" sounds. XP

Dormant

I'M A TREE RAWR
I have returned, and I say good chapter as always!

I see no grammar problems in the chapter and I agree with Dizzy.

The chapter has not alot of plot advancement. But oh well!

Nice chapter!

Sketchie

literally some guy
Chapter Six - Tell Me When That’s Boiling

Purple, Puggies, and I stood there, staring at the sign the probably said Welcome to Viridian City.

“Since when was the world on crack?”

LOL, 2 lazy 2 finish. Gotta have sum 4 mah floor. - Gym Leader

GAVROCHE WINS AGAINST PURPLE

“Get ready. I’m coming.”

“Welcome to the team, Kwak!” Puggies said, a pokeball in her hand. Purple, Puggies, and I had left Viridian City onto Route 2 where Puggies had just caught herself a Pidgey, whom she named Kwak.

“Nice job, Puggies,” Purple said, patting her on the back.

I stood in front of the gate into Viridian Forest, which had now been painted a bright fuchsia. Purple and Puggies came to join me. “So, we’re going in there?” Purple said.

I nodded. “Ay-yup.”

“There’s just a bunch of bug pokemon in there!” Puggies exclaimed. “Kwak and I can take ‘em.”

Purple chuckled. “And after you accidentally taught your Cubone Bone Club, you don’t even need Kwak!”

“Hey! I just told Sphere to hit the stupid Rattata with its bone! I did not know that would cause it to learn a new move!”

“But your Bone Club will never be able to stop my Fluffypants’ new Bubble!”

“Oh yeah!?”

“Yeah!!”

“Prove it!”

“I will!”

“Both of you, shut up!” I said, cutting into their conversation. “If you continue, I’ll have Industrial Leech Seed you!” I turned to stare at the gate once more. Purple walked over to stare with me.

“So, we’re going in there?”

“Yep.”

“Tall menacing trees inside?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Then, um, let’s go... and get through as fast as we can.”

I gestured to Puggies to follow, and walked through the gate. The gatekeeper had an annoyed look on his face, and he wore nothing but hello kitty tattoos. Thankfully, his lower half was covered by the counter. “Be careful in there,” he said as we walked past, “I’ve been hearin’ some crazy noises comin’ from the forest.”

I rolled my eyes, and walked into the forest, Puggies by my side and Purple shivering close behind. No sooner had we walked in, when a group of three bug catchers (named Rick, Doug, and Anthony) ambushed us.

“Well, well, well. Look what we have here, gang,” Anthony said in a heavy Irish accent.

Rick snickered. “Ay, just’a bunch of newbie trainers, boss.” Rick had the same accent.

I glared at the three. “Who are you freaks?”

Doug looked up from under his hat. “Using the creepiest of the crawliest!”

Rick did the same. “Showing no mercy to those who oppose us!”

Anthony stood between the two, posing. “We’re the Lepido’philes, Viridian Forest’s most notorious trio.”

Clicky to see image - And here it is, what Charlie’s Angels the Lepido’philes look like.

Rick slithered up to me and stroked my cheek. “And what’s a pretty boy and his friends doing in the woods?” He slid his thumb over my lips, and I bit it. He jerked his hand back, muttering in pain.

“We’re just passing through,” Puggies said, obviously holding back harsher words.

“If you gonna pass through, you gonna have to pass us!” Doug said.

I growled. “Ai’ight, come at us!”

“Rick! You take the kid dressed as Deoxys! Doug! You take the blue boy! I’ll take pretty boy here.”

And then came the lights, leading to the battlefield.

BATTLE: GAVROCHE v. BUG CATCHER/GANG LEADER ANTHONY

“You’re going down, pretty boy. Go, Kakuna!”

“Just try. Industrial!”

Pokeballs flew into the air, popping open and leaving Industrial and a yellow cocoon on the battlefield. I could faintly see Purple and Puggies battling on their separate battlefields, the two bringing out his squirtle and her pidgey. Staring at the Kakuna, I pulled out my pokedex.

Almost incapable of moving, this Pokémon can only harden its shell to protect itself when it is in danger.

I grinned. “Huh. Industrial, Leech Seed!”

“Harden, Kakuna!” Anthony shouted.

Kakuna started glowing for a few seconds, as glowing green seeds were shot out of Industrial’s bulb, hitting the Kakuna.

“Oh, ye think ye can win with status? Get ready, Kakuna!”

“Well, status sure helps. Tackle!”

As the green pokemon hurled itself at Kakuna, Anthony shouted another command.

“Bug Bite!”

As soon as Industrial was in range, the Kakuna slowly reached out and bit him. Industrial jerked back, hurting from the super effectiveness of the move. Then, green orbs of light came emanating from the Kakuna and hitting Industrial.

“Oh,” Anthony said with a look of shock on his face.

“Now you understand the power of status. Tackle, before it can bite again!”

Industrial hurled itself at the bug, but quickly retreated before it could do anything. The orbs once again appeared from Kakuna, giving Bulbasaur more health and knocking Kakuna out.

“Well, try this on for size! Metapod, go!”

I pulled out my pokedex once more.

This Pokémon is vulnerable to attack while its shell is soft, exposing its weak and tender body.

“Metapod, Tackle!”

“You Tackle too, Industrial.”

Metapod started to inch towards Industrial as Industrial came hurtling at full speed. As Industrial hit Metapod, a silver light engulfed Industrial. “Yeah! Critical hit!” I shouted. Upon being hit with the critical hit, Metapod proceeded to faint.

The blinding lights flashed again, and Anthony and I were back in the forest. “You’re pretty good,” Anthony said as he gave me prize money. Two more lights flashed, and Purple, Puggies, Rick, and Doug appeared, Purple and Puggies obviously the victors of their battles. Prize money was exchanged, and everyone was more or less satisfied.

Then, suddenly, a noise much like steel hitting steel reverberated through the area. Doug shuddered. “There it is again, boss.”

Anthony nodded. “Ay, I hear it too.”

“What’s that noise?” I asked.

Anthony shrugged. “We don’t know.”

“We could work together to find out!” Rick said, a smile lighting up his face.

I glanced Purple, who nodded. Puggies did the same. “Right,” I said, facing Anthony again, “We’ll help.”

“I’ll tell you what we do know,” Doug said, “Whenever that noise sounds, the wild pokemon’s eyes turn red, and they seem to be about to attack at any second. It doesn’t last long, only ten or twenty seconds, but be careful.”

I nodded. “I’ll remember that. You guys go search the right half, and we’ll search the other.”

“Thanks for your help,” Anthony said, shaking my hand. He then took his group off into the forest. I started walking the other way. Not long after we parted, the strange noise shot through the forest again, but it stayed a little longer than the last time.

Purple shuddered. “Hey, guys...”

I stopped to look at Purple. “What is it?”

“Well... um, what the Lepido’philes said... didn’t they say that whenever they heard that noise, all the wild pokemon turn bad?”

“Yeah. What about it?”

“Isn’t Puggies technically a wild pokemon?”

“I have absolutely no idea what kind of pokemon I am,” Puggies declared. “But I’m not feelin’ any effects, so either I’m not a wild pokemon, or I’m just cool like that.”

Purple nodded, satisfied with the answer. We continued searching, walking in the direction from where we last heard the noise. The noise rang a third time, and when it left, an eerie buzz filled the forest. The glow in the wild pokemon’s eyes went from red to black. Pokemon filled the trees near the edge of the pathways, eager and ready to strike. And then, a caterpie jumped out in front of me. I kicked it aside. A weedle jumped out. I kicked it again.

We continued on, kicking pokemon away and getting increasingly annoyed, while the buzz got louder and eventually turning into a high pitch screech. “Ugh, this noise is giving me a headache...” I said, rubbing my temples.

“Look!” Puggies said, pointing to an intersection ahead. A lone pikachu stood there, covering its ears and trying to resist the strange noise. Puggies quickly ran up to it. “Oh, you poor thing... come with me, I can make it stop.” Puggies pulled out a pokeball and held it out towards the pikachu. The pikachu shot her a small smile, and touched the button of the pokeball. The pokeball opened, and light enveloped pikachu and brought her into the pokeball. The pokeball shook once, twice, and a third time before it clicked. Puggies smiled. “Go, Zappy!” she said, throwing the pokeball.

“Pika, pika!” Zappy replied, full of energy.

“Well, I guess the noise doesn’t work on caught pokemon...” Puggies thought aloud. She knelt down to Zappy and asked, “Do you know anything about the noise?”

Zappy nodded. “Pika! Chu, pika!”

“You saw it?”

“Pi, kachu pi pi.”

“Oh, I get it, so you were going to find help when the machine turned on.”

“Pika. Pika, chu chu...”

“Yeah, I can feel it try to mess with my head. Zappy, can you lead us to whatever is causing this noise?”

“Pikachu!” Zappy shot some sparks from her cheeks and dashed off. We ran after her, and she led us to what looked like a dead end. She paused, and dashed through the trees. We, being much bigger than a pikachu, struggled to get through, but eventually we came to a grove of trees filled with strange people dressed in black, with red Rs on their chests. In the middle of the grove is what looked like a giant mailbox win an antenna on top. “Pika pika!” Zappy said angrily.

One of the strange men face-palmed. “It’s that pikachu again!”

A woman approached him. “How do you know it’s the same one?”

“There’s only one pikachu in this forest with blue eyes, and that’s the one!”

I looked at Zappy, and sure enough, she had deep blue irises. Zappy looked at me expectantly. I patted it on the head and walked up to the strange man. “You wouldn’t mind telling me who you are, would you?”

The man rolled his eyes. “We’re Team Rocket. Duh. Big R on the chest? Did you not see it?”

I nodded. “Right. Mind getting out of the forest? I don’t think the pokemon like you.”

“No. We’re controlling them!”

“Sure. Well, if you won’t get out, I’ll battle you to get out!”

BATTLE: GAVROCHE v. TEAM ROCKET DERP

“Nice trainer class you got there,” I giggled. “Go, Industrial!”

“You dare insult me?” the Derp said. “Hey! I need two other Derps over here!” The Derps from the other two battlefields left and came to mine.

Purple and Puggies left their battlefields and came to mine. “Three on one’s not fair!” Purple said. “Go, Fluffypants!”

“You heard ‘im! Go, Zappy!”

“Go, Rattata!” Two of the Derps said. “Zubat, help ‘em out!” the other Derp said.

Fine, mess with the mechanics... triple battles were only introduced in Gen Five, y’know! Sheesh, next you’ll want a Horde battle, huh!

I stared at the battlefield. “Is it... angry?”

DARN STRAIGHT I’M ANGRY!! Anyway...
BATTLE: GAVROCHE, PURPLE, AND PUGGIES v. THREE TEAM ROCKET DERPS

“Industrial, Vine Whip Rattata!”

“Fluffypants, you Bubble the other Rattata!”

“Zappy, you take down the Zubat with your Thundershock!”

“Rattata! Tackle!”

“Rattata! Tackle!”

“Um, Zubat! Do what you feel like!”

Before the Rattata/Zubat even got to attack, Industrial, Zappy, and Fluffypants came at them with their attack.

VICTOR: GAVROCHE, PURPLE, AND PUGGIES 3/0

The three Derps stared in shock. “That’[s why you don’t use level 6s against pokemon twice their level.”

The head Derp shook his head. “We need three more Derps, pronto!”

Purple sighed. “This is going to take forever, isn’t it.”

“Not to mention that we’ve past 2000 words,” Puggies added.

“Avert your eyes, children!” a voice called out from nowhere. “I do not want you to faint from the sheer awesomeness!” I shrugged and turned around. Purple and Puggies turned as well. We did not turn around as the screams of Team Rocket Derps filled the grove.

“Oh, the horror!”

“The awesomeness is too great!”

“It’s just too awesome!!”

As soon as the screams dies out, we turned around. There was no one to be seen-- not counting all the Derps twitching on the ground.

Dizzy and Dormant sat on top of the exit of Viridian Forest. “Darn Gavroche!” Dizzy shouted. “She took up all the characters!”

“Um. And that’s darn-able, why?”

“Because I was going to battle someone, that’s why!”

“... I’m really tired. I’m not even gonna say anything threatening or foreshadowing. I’m just gonna say I’m tired and that I’ll get them later.”

AN: Sorry that took so long, guys... I was going to stop before they found Team Rocket, but that probably wouldn’t work so well...

Very sorry about Doug's odd leg drawing, but I was really frustrated with a metric crap-load of stuff. So it turned out really bad.

Last edited:

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Yay! New chapter! I liked it, it was very humorous, had a cliffhanger with the dead derps, and introduced a new word!

And now, the official Merriam's Webster Dictionary entry.

Darn-able (darn-ab-le)

The condition of being able to be darned

XD

But I also liked how the battlefield got mad at the triple battle. And when Purple asked about Puggies going on a rampage, I was thinking of whatever-the-Deoxys-movie-is-called. XD

But, all-in-all, great chapter.

Sketchie

literally some guy
Chapter Seven: Lemonade! Come Get Your Fresh Lemonade!​

Anthony stood between the two, posing. “We’re the Lepido’philes, Viridian Forest’s most notorious trio.”

“Whenever that noise sounds, the wild pokemon’s eyes turn red, and they seem to be about to attack at any second. It doesn’t last long, only ten or twenty seconds, but be careful.”

“I have absolutely no idea what kind of pokemon I am, but I’m not feelin’ any effects, so either I’m not a wild pokemon, or I’m just cool like that.”

In the middle of the grove is what looked like a giant mailbox with an antenna on top.

“We’re Team Rocket. Duh. Big R on the chest? Did you not see it?”

Fine, mess with the mechanics... triple battles were only introduced in Gen Five, y’know! Sheesh, next you’ll want a Horde battle, huh!

“Um. And that’s darn-able, why?”

“... I’m really tired. I’m not even gonna say anything threatening or foreshadowing. I’m just gonna say I’m tired and that I’ll get them later.”

“Finally!” Purple said as he ran through the gates of Pewter City, “We’re here!”

I looked around. All the buildings looked normal, and the people acted normal as well.

Clicky to see image - and here it is, Pewter City.

A couple rode past on bicycles, while another was spraying a garden with repels. “Maybe Viridian was having a festival that day or something.”

“Or they were all high on coffee...” Puggies thought aloud. I glared at her. “What?” she said, “I’ve heard that TheoldmanofViridianCity was famous for what he does before and after coffee, especially two shots of espresso. He could have given it to the rest of the city.”

Purple stared at Puggies. “Is it possible for you to come up with a child friendly theory?”

Puggies thought for a moment, and then shook her head. Purple sighed. I face-palmed.

“Hello, there!” the man from the garden called out to us. “Welcome to Pewter City! You just got here, didn’t you?”

I nodded. “Yup, we just walked through the gate a minute ago.”

The gardener jumped over the fence of his garden and walked over to us. “Would you like me to show you to the museum? It’s Pewter City’s crown jewel.”

Purple’s eyes widened. “P-pewter Museum!? My dad told me about it! Gavroche, pleeeease can we go?”

I sighed. “I don’t know if we have time, Purple, I have to focus on my gym chal-”

“Oh, come,” the gardener said, “There’s a space exhibit going on. I insist you go. In fact, if you come, I’ll even pay for you three.”

“Please please plllleeeease can we go, Gavroche?” By this point, Purple was on his knees.

I couldn’t help but laugh. “Fine, since you got on your knees.”

The gardener pulled out his wallet. “Let’s see, how old are you three?”

“Well,” I said, “I’m 14, he’s 12, and the kid in the deoxys suit is 5.”

“Hey!” Puggies shouted, “I am NOT 5!”

“You never told me how old you were, and you act like you’re five, so I assumed-”

“I DO NOT ACT LIKE I AM FIVE!! I AM FOUR-FREAKING-TEEN!”

I turned to the fourth wall, and smashed it with a hammer (that I drew while Puggies was rampaging about being 14). “And know you guys know that Dizzy and I are all one year older than we really are. The timeline of the games however... well, that’s one screwed up mess!”

The gardener stared at us, but shrugged it off. “Well, come with me. I’ll show you where the museum is.” He lead us down a road, and past the pokemon center, to a large white building with red trim. “Well, this is it,” he said, handing me 150 Pokedollars, “the Pewter Museum. Have fun, you kids. I’ll be back in my garden.” And with that, he walked away.

“Wow,” Purple said, walking into the museum, “Being in a world made for children is nice!”

“Yeah, I guess so,” Puggies said. Purple and I stared at her. “What? Was it something I said?”

“Excuse me, boys,” a woman behind the counter said, “but before you can enter the museum, you have to pay a-”

“Fee?” I finished for her. “Yeah, we know. Here’s the money for three kids,” I said while giving her the money.

The woman smiled. “Enjoy!”

Purple dashed on, as Puggies and I sauntered. I passed by one exhibit, an exhibit of a fossilized flying pokemon. “Gav! C’mere!” Purple yelled. I walked over. “Look at this pokemon! Doesn’t it look cool?”

“Kabutops, eh?” I said, reading the plaque, “Yeah, it does look cool.”

“Guys, we should go check out the space exhibit!” Puggies said enthusiastically. She dashed upstairs, beckoning for us to follow.

Purple ran after her, and I ran after him. When we got up there, the first thing we saw was a model of a space shuttle. “Cool...” Purple said, staring at the shuttle.

“Hey guys, come over here!” Puggies shouted. We dashed over to see what she was staring at.

“Meteorites?” I said, staring at Puggies. “You called us over to look at meteorites?

“Yeah! Aren’t they cool?”

Purple seemed to be on the same page with Puggies. “Oh yeah! They rock!”

I rolled my eyes. “Are we done here? ‘Cause I have a gym badge to win.”

Purple sighed. “Fine, Gavroche, if science disinterests you that much...”

“Hey! I like science! It’s my favorite subject. I’ll come back later.” We walked back down the stairs, and out of the museum, where we heard a familiar voice.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!” TheoldmanofViridianCity ran up to us, his legs moving at a comically fast pace. “You forgot something!” he said, stopping in front of us and handing me a small TV. “This is a Teachy TV! I’m supposed to give it to new trainers, but I forgot to give it to you. You three can share this one!”

I took the TV and stuffed it in my bag. “Uh, thanks...”

“No problem! Gotta get back to the party!” And with that, TheoldmanofViridianCity ran off, singing his themesong.

Purple facepalmed. “I thought we left crazy-town behind...”

“Let’s hope he stays in crazy-town this time,” I said as a started walking to the gym. It wasn’t that far away, and we arrived there in no time.

Clicky to see image - Pewter Gym, yay! It may or may not be a castle!

It's not a castle. It's just a rock. A big huge boulder. With this text on it:

Leader's Note:
Yes, my gym's a boulder. What were you expecting? A castle? Yes, well, I'm a rock leader, so a castle wouldn't make much sense. So chill.

- Brock

We walked in, and Purple and Puggies went to the sidelines to watch. I ran up the straight walkway to Brock, but was stopped by a trainer. “Hi! My name is Liam, and you gotta battle me before you can get to the Brock man!

The battle lights flashed, and soon we were in the battlefield.

BATTLE: GAVROCHE v. CAMPER LIAM

“Alright! Let’s do this! Go, Geodude!” Liam said, throwing a pokeball into the sky. The light from the pokeball formed into a rock with arms.

“Industrial, you got this,” I said, chucking a pokeball. The light morphed into Industrial, ready to fight. I pulled out my pokedex, and pointed it at Geodude.

Geodude, the Rock pokemon. Found in fields and mountains. Mistaking them for boulders, people often step or trip on them.

“Geodude, Defense Curl!”

“Industrial! Vine Whip!”

Before the slow geodude had a chance to execute his curling, Industrial hit him with a vine. The geodude rolled backwards, and gave up the fight easily. “Bulba, saur saur!” Industrial cried proudly.

“Aww... return, Geodude! Go, Sandshrew!” Liam threw another pokeball, leaving a mouse-like thing on the battlefield.

I pointed my pokedex at it.

Sandshrew, the Mouse pokemon. Burrows deep underground in arid locations far from water. It only emerges to hunt for food.

“Sand Attack, Sandshrew!”

“You’re just another ground type. Vine Whip!”

Industrial hit it with his vine as quick as he did last time. The sandshrew fell over, as it hit hard. Sandshrew slowly got up and hurled sand at Industrial. Industrial stared at it.

“Sand Attack it again!”

“Oh for Mew’s sake... Vine Whip!”

As before, Industrial struck first, and lashed at Sandshrew hard. The sandshrew toppled over, unable to battle.

Liam turned red in anger. “I- uh- can’t- AUUGH! You’re never gonna beat the Brock man, that’s for sure!”

I smiled. “We’ll see about that.” I walked down the walkway to where Brock was. “Hey Brock! I’m here to challenge you!”

Brock snapped his fingers. “Oh, a challenger?” He twirled around, and snapped his fingers again. Time stopped.

Clicky to see image - Yay, the Brock man!

“Brock... your... your eyes!” I said, shocked. Brock’s eyes took up at least three fourths of his face, and were a brilliant rainbow.

“Indeed,” he said cooly, sipping his hot chocolate. “I was tired of being blind.”

“Blind!?” I said, dropping my jaw. “How did you cook?”

(Dramatic effect, please wait...)

(Blatant reference, please wait...)

(Super dramatic bros! Please wait...)

“Magic.”

Purple jumped down from the bleachers. “OH MY MEW YOU ARE LIKE THE COOLEST PERSON I HAVE LIKE EVER SEEN!!”

Brock sipped his hot chocolate. “We should totally hang out together and drink hot chocolate.”

“Yes. We totally should. Hey, wait! Your voice! It sounds... familiar,” Purple said suddenly, “Like, at Viridian Forset, someone took down a bunch of Team Rocket Derps!”

Brock laughed a manly laugh. “That, my blue-clad friend, was me. I have mastered the art of the Awesome. It is present in my eyes- that is why I must close my eyes or wear my monocle.”

“Whoa.... your coolness factor went up by, like, a gajillion. During the chapter break, you and I are totally hanging out.”

“YESH!!”

I laughed. “Oh mah goodness, I am totally putting that in the gallery!” Purple, Puggies, and Brock all stared at me. “That is for me to put in the Author’s Note and you not to know,” I said.

Purple shrugged at went back to the bleachers. Brock cleared his throat, and said, “I’m going to assume you did not come to drink hot chocolate with me. Are you here for a match?”

I nodded. “Heck yeah!”

Brock walked up to his side of the battlefield, and threw a pokeball. “Let’s do this then! Go, Rainbodude!”

“Um. Industrial?” I threw my pokeball. “Where are the weird flashy lights?”

Brock chuckled. “Oh, that only happens when there’s no battlefield close by.”

“Right. Okay, let’s go! Industrial, Vine Whip!”

“Tackle, Rainbodude!”

The geodude hurtled itself towards Industrial, but Industrial was too fast. He struck out with a Vine Whip, sending the geodude flying back into the wall. “Rainbodude is unable to battle!” said the referee, who just came in.

Brock was shocked. “A one hit KO...”

I nodded. “Yeah, I’ve been stereotyping.”

“Whatever. Let’s rock this, Rainbonix!” Brock threw a pokeball into the air. A rocky snake was left coiled on the battlefield. “Onnn!”

Industrial cowered. “C’mon, don’t give up just yet! Just ‘cause he’s big doesn’t mean he’s better!” I cheered, “Use Vine Whip and annihilate that sucker!”

“Oh yeah?” Brock cried out, “Tackle!”

Rainbonix lunged at Industrial, and hit him before Industrial could do anything. Surprisingly, the hit didn’t do much. Probably because I’m working on game mechanics. Industrial grinned, and hit him with a Vine Whip. In an instant, the huge snake came toppling to the ground.

Brock stood there, flabbergasted. “WHAT!? That tiny thing just beat my big thing?”

“Rainbonix is unable to battle! Gavroche wins!” the referee called out.

“Alright!” I said, kneeling down and hugging Industrial, “You did it!” Suddenly, Industrial hopped out of my arm and took a couple steps back. “Bullllbaaaa... saur!” he said, firing two shots of powder into the air. My pokedex then started to beep. I took it out and opened it up.

Congratulations! Your Industrial has learned Sleep Powder and Poison Power!

“That was some fight you put up there. Take this,” Brock said, walking up to me and extending his hand. “It’s the Boulder Badge. Just by having it makes your pokemon stronger. It also allows you to use Flash outside of battle. Oh, and here is a TM Case, and TM39.”

“Uh, thanks,” I said, taking the badge and TM related items, “But I don’t have Flash, so that’s pretty useless.” I turned to Purple and Puggies, and smiled at them. “Who’s up for museum touring!”

“Me!” the two exclaimed at once, and we all went dashing out of the gym, and into the museum.

“Hey, Gavroche,” Purple said, “When can we challenge the gym?”

“During the chapter break, of course!” I said.

“Long chapter break ho!” Puggies chorused, as I ended my section of the chapter.

“That’s IT!” Dizzy said, throwing her arms into the air. “I don’t care HOW long Gav’s post was! I AM CHALLENGING THE GYM LEADER IF IT’S THE LAST THING I DO IN THE CHAPTER!!” Dormant stood there, slack-jawed. “Don’t just stand there, Dormant! TO THE GYM!” Dizzy shouted. Dormant, apparently unable to move, just stood there. Dizzy grabbed him by the shirt collar, and dragged him all the way to the gym. When they walked in, Dizzy dumped him by the gym guide, and stormed on.

About this time, Dormant was regaining movement. “What the...”

As Dizzy walked past, Liam bounced up. “Hi! My nam-”

Dizzy shoved him aside. “Shut the front door, Liam. I came to battle brock, not you.”

This made Liam, Dormant, and the gym guide to fall over at the same time. “I thought Dizzy was a sweet, innocent kind of girl...” Dormant said.

Dizzy walked up to Brock. “Hey! Battle you and me! Nice eyes, by the way.”

Brock blinked. “Well, it’s a darned good thing that I just came back from healing my pokemon. To the battlefield!”

The two walked up to the battlefield, and the referee jumped onto his platform. “Dizzy vs. Brock! Go!” he said.

“Alright, Rainbodude, let’s go!” Brock shouted, throwing a pokeball into the air. Out came the rock pokemon, ready to do some damage.

Dizzy threw her own pokeball. “Okay, D, let’s do this!” Out of the pokeball, and onto the battlefield came a pink blob. “Ditto!” it said proudly.

“Rainbodude, Tackle!”

“D, splash!”

“Splash?”

“Yeah, Splash. I taught it to him myself! I told him to flop around like a dead fish, and my pokedex told me D learned splash!”

“Well, um, okay then...”

The geodude shrugged, then flew at D full-force. Upon impact, the ditto rolled backwards, and continued to flop around like a dead fish.

“Sand Attack, Rainbodude!”

“Transform, D!”

As Rainbodude kicked sand into D’s face, as the purple blob morphed into an exact replica of Rainbodude.

“What the... okay, Tackle!”

“Tackle back!”

The two geodudes rushed at each other. Upon impact, a cloud of sand poofed up. When it cleared, D was on the ground. And, so was Rainbodude.

“Rainbodude and D are both unable to battle!” the referee said.

Dizzy smirked. “Gav might be working on game mechanics...” she said, throwing another pokeball. “Go, I!” From the pokeball came another ditto, this one derpier than the last.

“Rainbonix, go!” Brock said, throwing his pokeball.

The rock snake stared at the small blob in front of him and laughed. At that moment, without any command, the ditto transformed into an onix, a couple feet bigger than Rainbonix. Which made Rainbonix stop laughing.

“Gav works on game mechanics,” Dizzy said, “But I work on anime mechanics! Tackle!”

Brock stood there, slack jawed. “Ha-wa huh? Tackle!”

The ditto/onix smiled, and rammed into Rainbonix. And, due to a longer than normal chapter and anime mechanics, resulted in a fainted Rainbonix.

“Rainbonix is unable to battle! Dizzy wins!” the referee called out.

Brock recalled Rainbonix, as Dizzy recalled I. “That was some fancy battling out there,” Brock said, walking up to Dizzy. “Here is your TM Case, TM39, and Boulder Badge.”

“Thanks!” Dizzy said, taking the items. As soon as her shadowy hand took touched the badge, her other hand started to glow. “What the heck?” she said, looking at it. Suddenly, the glow dispersed- and her hand looked... normal. “OH MY GOSH DORMANT!!” she squealed. “Look, look, look! My hand! My hand is back! It’s not totally black and without detail anymore! IT LOOKS LIKE MY HAND SHOULD LOOK LIKE!!”

“That’s great, Dizzy,” Dormant said.

“Amazing,” Brock said, taking Dizzy’s hand. He studied Dizzy’s hand closely. Her wrist was still in shadow, much like the rest of her, but the dark shadow stopped as soon as her wrist ended. “So the myths must be true...”

Dizzy cocked her head. “Myths? What myths?”

Brock put Dizzy’s hand down. “Legend has it that these gym badges emit a certain energy. This energy is known as Restoration Energy. Restoration Energy does was it sounds like - it restores things. When you touched the badge, the badge’s energy must have restored your hand to normal!”

“Cool!” Dizzy said. “Dormant, during this chapter break, you should totally try for that badge. Maybe your hand will go back to normal too!”

“You thought the only weird thing about Pewter City was the gym leader, eh? We’ll see what you do when you get to Cerulean!”

AN: Sorry, I lost a lot of motivation... so this wasn't finished for some time. Anywho, Dizzy and Dormant are important to the plot for once! Yay!

Oh, yes, and the Gallery which I spoke of earlier... I'll put gijinkas and art that I make relating to the story but it's not important there. I'll give you guys a link to it when I feel like it which is when I actually make the folder on DeviantArt....

Dormant

I'M A TREE RAWR
QUOTING TIME!!!

I turned to the fourth wall, and smashed it with a hammer (that I drew while Puggies was rampaging about being 14). “And know you guys know that Dizzy and I are all one year older than we really are. The timeline of the games however... well, that’s one screwed up mess!”

Haha! You're still not older than ME!!(I'm Fifteen by the way)

Deoxys is 5 years old?!?! No wait, 14?! Wow, I thought legendaries are old...

And the fourth wall needs some fixin'. Or not.

“No problem! Gotta get back to the party!” And with that, TheoldmanofViridianCity ran off, singing his themesong.

Themesong?! I'm intrigue on what it sounds like.

“Brock... your... your eyes!” I said, shocked. Brock’s eyes took up at least three fourths of his face, and were a brilliant rainbow.

Brock eyes are the color of rainbows?!?! O___________o Wow... That's... Odd...

“That’s IT!” Dizzy said, throwing her arms into the air. “I don’t care HOW long Gav’s post was! I AM CHALLENGING THE GYM LEADER IF IT’S THE LAST THING I DO IN THE CHAPTER!!” Dormant stood there, slack-jawed. “Don’t just stand there, Dormant! TO THE GYM!” Dizzy shouted. Dormant, apparently unable to move, just stood there. Dizzy grabbed him by the shirt collar, and dragged him all the way to the gym. When they walked in, Dizzy dumped him by the gym guide, and stormed on.

Too be honest, that wouldn't surprise me that much. If Dizzy said some words used frequently by Arceus, HOWEVER...

The whole Dizzy vs Rainbow Rocks

Wow, looks like Dizzy got herself a Magitto and Derpitto!

I wonder what My Pokemon would be? (I suggest a Ghost-Type)

Sketchie

literally some guy
QUOTING TIME!!!

Haha! You're still not older than ME!!(I'm Fifteen by the way)

Well, in the story you're 16. I'll bring that up later.

Themesong?! I'm intrigue on what it sounds like.

I may or may not make a MV for it.

Brock eyes are the color of rainbows?!?! O___________o Wow... That's... Odd...

... Um, yeah. I was on a sugar rush when I first had the idea to screw up Brock.

Wow, looks like Dizzy got herself a Magitto and Derpitto!

I wonder what My Pokemon would be? (I suggest a Ghost-Type)

I sent the both of you a PM asking you what pokemon you want. I can resend it to you if you want.

chess-z

campy vampire
I turned to the fourth wall, and smashed it with a hammer
Smashy-smashy.
Rainbows. Ok. Neat. Fun chapter.
Mt, Moon should be totally awesome. Super nerds and such.

Sketchie

literally some guy
Well, folks, seeing as how Chapter Seven is up, I believe it's time for me to make some character bios! (Credit to Dormant for the form.)

Gavroche - AKA me. The writer. The artist. The all. Except, I'm a guy. Not a girl. Kind of creepy. But the reason why will one day be cleared up.

Personality: Blunt and sarcastic. Focused on stuff. Really, just read my dialogue. Gets annoyed easily. Can on occasion be actually nice. Smart. Has weird mood swings.

Bio: Too important to the plot - so for now, we'll say... I liek mudkipz.

Pokemon: Industrial (bulbasaur), Puffy (breloom, inactive)

Likes: Beating Purple up, annoying Purple, Rise Against, Three Days Grace, eating, writing, talking, pizza, ice cream, sarcasm.

Dislikes: Vegetables, boringness, Puggies' remarks about LSD, and possibly Purple.

Powers: Is a certified Artist and Author. Is capable of both Artist's Breath and Author's Touch. Wields the power of Sarcasm.

Looks: Sort of like this.

Purpalicus Ice "Purple" Oak

Personality: Weird, kind of wimpy. Easily angers Gavroche and Puggies and just about everyone else. Weird. Overreacts is scared. Weird.

Bio: Purple is the son of Blue and Scarlet. He has a pretty normal life, and his sister hates his guts. That's pretty much it.

Pokemon:
Fluffypants (squirtle)

Likes: History, Gavroche, pokemon, chocolate, not being beaten up by Gavroche, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and doughnuts.

Dislikes: Puggies, Blue, scary people, spiders.

Powers: lol Purple can't do anything.

Looks: Like this.

Queen Hibiscus Puggies the 23rd.

Personality: Overly critical, annoying, makes remarks about inappropriate things, tends to almost swear. Really, just read their dialogue. Talks in pink. Can be persuaded to be nice.

Pokemon: Sphere (cubone), Kwak (pidgey), Zappy (pikachu)

Likes: Herself, herself, being boss, herself, Arceus, herself, Mountain Dew, Officer Thanatos. Oh, and herself. And maybe Gavroche. But mostly herself.

Dislikes: Purple, idiots, Professor Oak, Team Rocket.

Powers:
Can speak to Pokemon, is a Deoxys.

Looks: Basically, a Deoxys with a dress.

Dizzy

Personality: Weird.

Bio: Too important to the plot - so for now, we'll say... fish.

Pokemon: D (ditto), I (ditto)

Likes: Pokemon (der), soccer, writing, a little bit of art.

Dislikes: ???

Powers: Is a certified Artist and Author. Is capable of both Artist's Breath and Author's Touch.

Looks: Like a 3D shadow.... with a color right hand.

And, more or less straight from his own character bio...
Dormant

Personality: Eager, Somewhat Sarcastic, Smart, Lazy, Gluttonous, Vengeful, Chaotic, Random, Impatient.

Bio: I like Lasagne

Pokemon: ???

Likes: Lasagne, Evanescence, Chuggaaconroy, Food, Music, Reading, Writing, Chaos.

Dislikes: Vegetables, Noobility, Boringness, Unfairness.

Powers: Is a certified Author. Is capable of Author's Touch.

Looks: Like a 3D shadow.... with a color right hand.

We don't know her name, so for now she's Crazed Maniac Lady Who Has One Line Per Chapter

Personality: ???

Bio: ???

Pokemon: ???

Dislikes: Gavroche

Powers: Has the power of stalking people.

Looks: ???