• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Offensive Storm in the Rain

zerozoner

If you couldn't tell by the name of this thread this is meant to be an offensive based rain team. I have finished testing this team and it does work efficiently but it just doesn't fit what I want it to be. Which is a team that is offensively strong but doesn't lack the ability to take some hits now and then. Let me just get this this part out of the way I need a ferrothorn and Gastrodon counter, I'm tired of wasting half my team getting rid of them. So with out further ranting, here's my team.

186.png

Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Perish Song

I don't know why I have such Hatred in using this toad, it might have to do with my personal opinion that he was one of the worst water types available to get drizzle, or a lack of a decent move pool when compared to the other weather initiators. But if I want a rain team without wasting a move and item slot on rain dance and a damp rock this toad is a must. A basic set outside of Perish Song which is used as an annoyance/suicide move.

135.png

Jolteon (F) @ Wise Glasses
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Signal Beam

Jolteon is the primary reason why I will ever deal with the toed and is the KO king of my team. Thunder and HP ice cover about everything out there with destructive power. Thunder's hax has won me a few weird victories like paralyzing a hydration Vaporeon preventing it from using rest to heal itself due to being paralyzed (Sorry about that if you're reading this). Volt switch is a nice escape from anything that's not a ground type. couldn't think of anything else for the last slot so I went with Signal Beam for coverage.

184.png

Azumarill (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Punch
- Superpower
- Bulldoze

A living strong gimmick and that's it, if I could get some good suggestions on a better choice for a strong aqua jet abuser I will drop this guy quick. Aqua Jet, the only reason for it's existence.

380.png

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Dragon Pulse

I know there are good reasons why people will use surf or Thunder on a rain team CM Latias, but why should I use those two when my biggest threat Ferrothorn and for latias steels in general are weak to HP Fighting? Latias EV spread might also raise a question or two, the reason why I put so much into Def is simple. When you are fighting a CM Latias you normally go for the unboosted Defense, which for my Latias isn't to shabby.

437.png

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SDef
Hardy Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Confuse Ray
- Toxic

To be completely honest I had and have no clue to why I made this move set so weird, but apparently weird works. Zen Headbutt and Earthquake rid the field of any poison or steel types letting toxic infect all. Confuse ray is there to cause some additional chaos and a nice chance of getting a free switch into a counter.

149.png

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

I needed another offensive threat and decided to go with Dragonite who with Multiscale can take a hit while boosting with a DD. Dragon Claw is STAB and since it's raining Fire Punch would be almost completely useless so I went with Earthquake. Extreme Speed is for revenge killing.

I will be adding a list of Pokemon I've already tried incorporating into this team later. For now i would like you suggestions and thought on how I could improve this team.​

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
*I will do a full rate later when im not sleepy*

To solve ur immediate issues of ferro/gastro, I would recommend that you run a ferrothorn of ur own, over bronzong. bronzong isnt doing much for u and is just serving as a dragon resist. Ferrothorn can do this slightly better as well as giving u hazards/ a counter to gastrodon. A set of Stealth rocks/ spikes/ power whip/ gyro ball @ leftovers a good ev spread to match this set would be, 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD @ relaxed(0 speed IVs). As azumarill thrives of spikes, Im suggesting u use that over leech seed. Also on Azumarill I would reccomend Waterfall>bulldoze as azumarill needs a stronger stab for breaking walls, and a rain boosted huge power stab choice band waterfall does alot.

Now about your ferrothorn problem, without changing around alot of mons, I cant see an immeadiete fix, but I have an idea. If you use "Stone Colds" dnite set, you can easily setup on ferrothorn, and will actually be happy when u see it in team preview. With proper use, this dnite easily stalls out gyro balls and sets up all day on ferro. Heres the set 252 HP / 12 Atk / 80 SpD / 164 Spe @ jolly with a moveset of Dragon Dance/ dragon claw/ roost/ substitute @ leftovers.

Anyways, hope i helped