• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Offensive Sun

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
I've finally acquired everything i wanted for my sun team, and i wanted to know what my fellow SPPF'ers thought of it. The team is as follows, and would be meant for the VGC's, which is why Blaziken will be included. Of course, if i were to battle someone with Smogon tiering, than it'd be replaced with something else.

Ninetails ;038;
Ability: Drought
Nature: Timid
EV's: 4HP/252SpA/252Spe
Item: Focus Sash
Moveset:
-Sunny Day
-Will-o-Wisp
-Solar Beam
-Overheat

Clearly Ninetails is an obvious choice, as it brings in the Sun. Sunny Day is on the set because it helps a LOT with winning any weather wars, which I'm sure i will encounter many times. Will-o-Wisp shuts down Physical threats and I do enjoy burning them. Solar Beam is for hitting anything supereffectively that Overheat doesn't, or to finish off a weakened opponent, as well as doing damage when I want to avoid the SpAtk drop.

Charizard ;006;
Ability: Solar Power
Item: Choice Scarf/Specs
Moveset:
-Air Slash
-Fire Blast
-Solar Beam
-HP Ice

Charizard makes for an excellent sweeper in the sun, however fragile it may be. The reason it's holding Wise Glasses is because Life Orb is already taken by another team-member. Air Slash and Fire Blast are it's STAB moves, and I love the chance to flinch from Air Slash. Fire Blast is really powerful in the sun with the boost from Solar Power. Solar Beam is there for coverage, and HP Ice can KO those pesky Dragons double weak to it, and threats like Landorus and Gliscor.

Venusaur ;003;
Ability: Chlorophyl
Nature: Modest
Item: Life Orb
Moveset:
-Sleep Powder
-Growth
-Solar Beam
-HP Fire

Venusaur is the Chlorophyl sweeper of the team. After a Growth boost, which is usually easily done after setting a foe to sleep, it becomes extremely fierce. Solar Beam is it's epic STAB, and can OHKO a lot of mons that don't resist it. HP Fire makes for great coverage, and gets Pseudo-STAB under sun. Modest nature over Timid because with the Chlorophyl boost it can outpace most unscarfed threats.

Heatran ;485;
Ability: Flash Fire
Item: Air Balloon
Moveset:
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Dragon Pulse
-HP Ice

Heatran was a nice addition because of Flash Fire. Fire Blast is STAB, EP deals with opposing Heatran who were a real nuisance to the team before his arrival. Dragon Pulse gets perfect neutral coverage along side Fire, and HP Ice is on the set for the same reason Charizard has it. Air Balloon is on the set to avoid being OHKO'd by any ground move for at least one turn.

Dragonite ;149;
Ability: Multiscale
Nature: Adamant
Item: Lum Berry
EV's: 194HP/104Atk/212Spe
Moveset:
-Dragon Dance
-Roost
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Punch

When I decided to run Dragonite, I wanted a bulkier spread to give it some more longevity. It's a fairly average moveset. Multiscale allows for an easy DD, while Roost is on the set to regain Multiscales effect. If i can manage to Roost back into Multiscale, it's Ice weakness is effectively nullified, so it could manage to PP stall out Ice Beam or Blizzard (maybe) if I had to. Dragon Claw is STAB, and Fire Punch gets a pseudo-STAB under Sun. I ran Lum Berry over Lefties because a burn or paralysis shuts it down completely.

Blaziken ;257;
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Jolly
Item: Leftovers
EV's: 4HP/252Atk/252Spe
Moveset:
-Protect
-Swords Dance
-Flare Blitz
-Hi Jump Kick

Blaziken is pretty fierce, especially under the Sun after a Swords Dance. I don't know if i should run it with Muscle Band > Lefties, but Lefties helps alleviate recoil from Flare Blitz, which will usually be pretty Huge. Protect is on the set to guarantee a speed boost. Hi Jump Kick is it's other STAB. I actually wish I had an Adamant nature for this, but sadly I can not change it. This is an in-game team.

If I were playing smogon tiers, Blaziken would be replaced by SubProtect Heat Wave Tbolt Zapdos

So that's the team. Any feedback is appreciated. If any changes are made, they will be in bold.

;038; ;003; ;006; ;149; ;257; ;485; for the :494: !

Last edited:

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
I'm assuming this team is not for your standard smogon play... either way, I see Choice Scarf Terrakion giving you trouble, 1-2 hit KO'ing a solid chunk of your team with Stone Edge alone, while KO'ing another chunk with Close Combat, and your best / only way to beat it is Venasaur. Give me some time, I'm a little tired + busy lol, but I'll edit this and give a decent way to eleviate this weakness.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
Yeah, i mentioned it'd be for VGC play in the beginning. if i were to play against someone who wanted to use smogon standard, i'd swap out blaziken for another pokemon. Venusaur usually comes in on all my battles, i would probably sacrifice a pokemon to terrakion if i had to, to get him in safely. but yeah, take your time, whenever you can man.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
a bump if i may. it's buried all the way to page 2 of threads. sorry if it's not allowed Dx

TurboMechaElgyem

Why wise glasses? Use leftovers or expert belt on charizard.

Also, why the lack of protect? Anything without insane bulk should be running it.

TylerPhoenix

I'm glad to be back!
I can notice one major flaw already.

You've mentioned Weather Wars being a problem - which is blatantly will be. Sure, Ninetales sets up Sun with drought, and has Sunny Day, but after Ninetales faints, what do you then do? You've lost the only member of your team that can set up the sunny weather. This then means your team, which runs around Sun, is left considerably worse off. You should really teach at least one more member of your team Sunny Day, otherwise, when Ninetales is down, you're in trouble, especially if its Rain that takes hold.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
Yea, it's just i can't think of who else should use Sunny Day, what move to replace, or who i should replace for someone with Sunny Day. As far as protect goes, that hasn't been too much of a problem for me, as much of a fan of the move i am. I'm thinking about replacing Dragonite for a SubRoost Zapdos to help against rain teams. it'd have to use Tbolt because Thunder is terrible in the sun.
I changed Charizards item to Choice Specs or Scarf, haven't fully decided yet but i'm loving scarf atm.
So hey, help me out people :)
thanks