• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Offical Nickname Discussion thread

Rakurai

I name my starter along with all of the Pokemon that I EV train.

Yeah i nickname all my EV trained pokes: got XFile187 as my Chandelure, Groemp the Terrakion, my Politoed Shamp00, b00mBooM my Hitmonchan and more

tayetayetv1

Occasionally.

Meeker

It needs a fence.
Sometimes, others not.

I always name my Riolu "Xeno", and sandile/krokorok/krookodile "Korky" (this one has little story to it).

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
After doing some nuzlocke runs, I nickname every single one I catch. I give them random "regular" people names, like Victor the Charizard or Evan the Vaporeon. Or in the case of most of my fighting pokes, I name them after popular fighters. ie Manny (Pacquiao) the Hitmonchan GSP (George St. Pierre) the Hitmonlee & Kimbo Slice the Machop.

Generally not, but I will for Nuzlocke's. when I was younger, I'd name them human names that started with the same first letter, like... Well, the only one to come to mind is Richard the Ditto.

goldensteambun

loanshark prince
Almost always with the pokemon I used in the main party, and my shinies. It kind of gave them a personality and make me like them more.

Doodles

Espurr will HM01 you
I once built a team, nicknaming the Pokemon the names of Pokemon in which they were super effective against just to be a jerk. xD

*~Silver*~

No. I never nickname my Pokemon unless I have a name in mind as soon as I catch it that is REALLY good. Otherwise, I don't know why, but I just prefer not to nickname them.

MAGAX

Symbol Hunter
i usually only nickname some of my EV trained pokemon, assuming i can think of a good nickname. some examples:
haxorus->DESTROY!!(for destroying everything with outrage after dragon dancing)
hydreigon->QBD(stands for queen black dragon, would have nicknamed her KBD if shes male, runescape players can relate)
cloyster->Heavy Arms(heavy arms gundam from gundam wing as my cloyster fire arrays rockblast and icicle spear much like heavy arms gundam firing missles)
conkeldurr->conk conk(sound made by hitting his concrete blocks on the ground)
metagross->Fe bomb(Fe is the chemical symbol of iron in the periodic table, bomb because my metagross can explode)

Stymie