• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Offical Nickname Discussion thread

ChuckNorris

In Black 2, I named my Tepig 'Bacon' and my Lanturn 'Apollo'. I thought 'Bacon' was kinda funny at the time and I named Lanturn after reading somewhere that it may have been inspired by the Greek god in mythology.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
In Black 2 I have...

Waverider the Samurott
GhostLight the Chandelure
Spike the Ferrothorn
Shadow the Lucario
Frostbite the Beartic
Shocker the Magnezone.

Not on my team at the moment are Dark Lady the Mandibuzz, Lady Venom the Scolipede, and Flicker the Shiny Darmanitan. I also have a habit of naming some pokemon as I catch them, but I can't remember all of them off the top of my head.

MosuGoji

RIP Jared
I've only nicknamed my Tepig, and it was the most original name ever: Russell Jr.

Tyrellious

I always nickname my Umbreons "Melancholy" and my Espeons "Joy." Also once named my cyndaquil "Arthur." Because he sot of looks like a flaming aardvark mouse.

Soysaucee

I named my Haunter "Grapez" coz he's purple and I named my Flaaffy "Static" reasons are obvious. :D

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Guys plz help me find a name for my shiny Mudkip that hatched last night. ^-^
It's male and I'm planning to evolve it, so no cute names. :D

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Guys plz help me find a name for my shiny Mudkip that hatched last night. ^-^
It's male and I'm planning to evolve it, so no cute names. :D
First off, congrats! As for nicknames, how about Axolotol, Axel, Mudkskipper, Swampy, Hydroblast, FlashFlood, Neptune, Poseidon, Barney, Swampstomp, Kipper or McMuddy? Hopefully you like one of those. =)
~RaichuArcanine~

Last edited:

PKMNinja

Black Ninja
The times when I do nickname is if in red through crystal. I look at the little characters that show up in the party and name them after what they look like.

PokemonTrainerKaden

It's after Duck Zhang from the 'GONE' series by Michael Grant. Duck is a boy who is nicknamed the Human Drill because he can control his own density, allowing him to sink through the ground (or float away, but that's less relevant.) :)

Dude I love that series! I still didn't get the reference though(x

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Yup, I nickname every one of my Pokémon (I just think its fun to do, and it gives you a kind of special "bond" with them). :) My favorite Pokémon (Snivy, now a Serperior), is named Snips. I am sure you can guess why (since it is a grass type Pokémon), but I also liked it since I thought it sounded cool! :p

Chandelurefan1

I did something special with my Spearow

I named him Halbird

Halbird is supposed to represent the weapon known as the Halberd which is a variant of the spear.

Since the species name is Spearow I thought it would work

Toxic Nightshade

GET TO DEL TACO
My Jellicent is nicknamed, "Mr Pringle" based off of his awesome mustache. Then I named the shiny Flygon i hatched, "Jaden" based off of her mother's nickname. I'm also planning on naming my Yamask, "Majora," but we'll see.

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
I mainly nickname my shinies and pokemon that I use in my team. Here are some names.
Silent One the shiny Hoothoot(I gave it that name because owls are almost completely silent when they fly.)
Kraken the shiny female Frillish(I basically named it after that sea monster.)
Phantom the shiny male Frillish(I named it that based on phantom of the oprea.)
Pard the shiny Liepard(I named it after a mythical cat.)
and Seeker the shiny Watchhog(I named it that because it just seem like a good name, not much thought on this one.)

right now I'm trying to decide on a name for my Ducklett, it's a male and I plan on evolveing it too. So far I've thought of Soprano or Danseur(Basically a male ballet dancer. I was just wondering what you guys thought I should choose.

zangdude

Well, I've been playing leafgreen lately. I came across a tauros and when i caught him I knew just what to name him. His name is MuthaBucka and it suits him well. My Starter, Blastoise, is named roshi. I also have a mr.mime but his name is mimien because it was an ingame trade. I just caught a heracross in the sevii islands. I don't know what to name him yet. What do you guys suggest?