• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Offical Nickname Discussion thread

Tavo_Zx

The Iron Man
Sometimes I do. I mainly do it with my favorites, my main in-game team and obviously when doing Nuzlockes.

CovertNinja

Pokemon Master
Generally, only when I nuzlocke...

Never. I just don't really feel the need to so, no real significance, at least for me.

auteur

Fossil freak
I nicknamed my in-game team for the first time in White, and I'll keep the trend going in the future. My favorite nicknames so far are:

Samurott -> Toshiro (Mifune)
Chandelure -> Charlotte

Necro101

Usually I don't. When I do, they're stupid names, or some that took me 2 million years to find. The main reason I don't nickname my Pokemon, is because I can't find good names. When I do find good names, I will probably forget to name it and be too lazy to go to the name changer.

Best nicknames

Gengar --> Satan
Alakazam --> Jesus
Ninetails --> Alah
Snorlax --> NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA (on Po it's all of this, but ingame it's once)
Dragonite --> Moisès (this is after my friend, not the one in the bible)

RAWK ON

Last edited:

Toxic Nightshade

GET TO DEL TACO
I sometimes do, but only when i'm using it on my main team. :/ i have a really hard time coming up with clever nicknames though...

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
I personally not nickname my pokemon, I'm really bad making nicknames.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I nicknamed my Treecko Yoshi in Sapphire and Emerald.

To get the badge, I nicknamed a few in Black 2.

Serperior- Schneider
Cincinno- Goldberg (Rude Goldberg machine)
Vaporeon- Discure (Disappear and obscure and my favorite nickname)
Munna- Lunatic
Baltoy- Fortune

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs
I nickname all my pokemon. It makes me feel closer to them, like they're my bros.

For some weird reason, I never nickname legendaries though. Before Gen V, I would just lowercase their name and that was it.

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
I don't leave any Pokémon un... nicknamed. Even to go as far as to when I catch a Pokémon for Masuda Methoding, I just named one "MM".

*inhale*

Lugia - Crasher
Keldeo - Loid
Snivy - Blade / Wally
Azurill - Azuma (for some reason I thought that was Colress's Japanese name -w-')
Charmander - Chito
Squirtle - Eyan

And much more...

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!
I do! D: Pokémon nick naming brings us one step closer to our Pokémon, to feel as one!

Latios: Latos
Latias: Latis
Cobalion: Cobali
Tornadus-T: Tornei
Thundurus: Thundur
Landorus: Landis

So much more I could think of if I can only access my W2 and Black version again...

I've nicknamed almost every Pokemon I've ever caught, and I promise you, I won't stop until the games end.

Cronkr

Pokemon Breeder
I don't usually nickname my pokemon, however I do always nickname my first eevee in each game "Eon". Personal tradition since original R/B/Y games.

gliscor&yanmega

I believe I once named CYNDAQUIL "Cyndaquil", then it evolved and I was just "Ugh, can't be bothered with it anymore". Now that Pokemon aren't all in caps I have no reason to nickname them anymore(Besides that medal for White 2).

I never really cared about nicknaming, I prefer to just see their actual name.

dragonskull

Dark trainer
I usually name them, because it gives them something personal. Their identifying names feel somewhat boring and dull compared to names you can give them :D The one I always give to my tentacool/tentacruel is ACoolTent or ACruelTent which is just a bit of letter changing but that's how it is.

Dr. Steve

Very rarely. I usually nickname my HM Slaves insulting names. One time I a nicknamed a Pedgeotto "Mike Tyson" because of that show he had on Animal Planet.

Stymie