• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Offical Nickname Discussion thread

MissEevee

Fairy Princess
Precious - Shiny Smeargle
Teacup- Sylveon
Abby - Absol
Lilac - Espeon
Mousey - Meowstick
Hetty - Heliolisk
Slimey - Goodra
Flick - Rapidash
Huffles - Umbreon
Quinn - Eevee with 5 IVs
Whizz - Noctowl
Foxy - Delphox
Rory - Venusaur

I like cute names :p

MatheusF

Alana - Gardevoir
Rock n' Roar - Tyruntrum
Ryu - Lucario
Aurob - Golurk
Hanzo Hatori - Greninja
BlazeHeatnix - Talonflame

MatheusF

"QUOTE Alana - Gardevoir
Rock n' Roar - Tyruntrum
Ryu - Lucario
Aurob - Golurk
Hanzo Hatori - Greninja
BlazeHeatnix - Talonflame QUOTE"
aURON*

Torosiken

This is a title.
I always nickname my Pokemons!
I got my Samurott named Daneeh before- based on the cartoon character Danny Phantom. It just fits for Danny for some reasons *shot*
And irronically its hidden power is ghost type ._.
I nicknamed my Greninja Randy IX since he reminded me a lot of Randy Cunningham... and again coincidently its hidden power is fire. Lol. Ninja Tengu Fire Ball! XD

Oh btw just caught a shiny binacle yesterday while searching for old amber...
the first thing I thought was it's ugly and pretty in same time so I named it Beaugliful lol

MadMoose

Team Names

I only started nicknaming my all of my Pokémon since BW2. Taking the time to name only one or two members of my team feels unfair to the rest of them, so, it's all or nothing. But they only get decent nicknames that relate to the Pokémon in some way. (With a few exceptions)

BW2 Team:
:503: (m): Sabre (Samurott weilds swords, or sabers.)
;448; (m): Azure (Azure is a hue of blue.)
;197; (m): Endymion (Mostly named after King Endymion from Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon. What sparked this connection was learning that one of our moon's many craters bore the same name. No relation to Greek mythology.)
;082;: Nebula (Here's how the thought process for this one went: Magnets -> science -> outer space.)
;028; (f): Clara (A special name for my favorite Pokémon.)
;467; (f): Valhalla (Magmotar's head reminds me of this item from Gaia Online. No relation to Norse mythology.)

Y Pokémon:
Chesnaught(m): Pauldron (A type of armor worn on the upper arm or shoulder)
Talonflame(m): Blaze (A generic sounding name, I'll admit, but Sugimori's art of Talonflame reminds me of a fighter jet, so I took the name of the pilot's call sign from Ace Combat 5. If my Talonflame was female, I would have named her Edge, after Nagase's (one of the player's wingmen) call sign.)
Heliolisk(f): Photos (Greek root for light. Also as in photovoltaic cell (commonly known as a solar panel.))
;330; (f): Chartreuse (A color halfway between green and yellow.)
;184; (f): Azumarill (No nickname because she's from a trade. I'm not sure what I would name her if I could.)
;452; (f): Dagger (As in a poison dagger.)

Tyrantrum(m): Dexter (Obscure video game reference from the late 90's: Ape Escape. Named after the dinosaur (assumingly a T-rex) in the stage Dexter's Island.)
Noivern(m): Frequency (A characteristic of sound waves.)

Edit: Azumarill's tentative nickname would be Seafoam; that's what it's belly pattern reminds me of.

Last edited:

Dark Dranzer

Main Team - Pokemon X:

Delphox (m): Wiccan
Salamence (m): Venger (Dungeons and Dragons)
Gyarados (m): Maelstrom (Large Whirlpool)
Aurorus (m): Bron (Character from Land Before Time, Littlefoot's father)
Nidoqueen (f): Mariah
Ampharos (f): Tempest (Storm also a girl's name apparently)

Blastoise (m): Raphael (favourite TMNT)

zakkpena

Had to share this story:

Got a ;077; in the Wonder Trade today with the nickname r/clopclop

Me, being the oblivious guy I am, went straight to that Reddit page in hopes of finding some hidden Pokemon treasure or something. WARNING: Do NOT go to that page, it's that horrific My Little Pony pron the legends speak of...

But I thought it was hilarious that someone did that so I'll tell you the nicknames of the Pokemon in my Y party at this given moment just to give you guys a taste of my hundreds of nicknames...

;006; - "Hot Daniel" - He holds Charizardite Y and I named him after an Adventure Time episode where Finn finds a truck, fixes it up, paints flames on it, and names it "Hot Daniel."

;006; - "Lizardon" - He holds Charizardite X and I named him after the Pokemon Origins Special Charizard. Watched it in Japanese with English subtitles, so I learned "Charizard" is "Lizardon" in Japanese! ;079;

;006; - "HM S!ave" - I figured I already had two Charizards, why not come up with a reason to have a third in the bunch?

;131; - "HM S!ave" - Self explanatory and uncreative, but I use Lapras instead of Bibarel or Linoone because I actually get to see my little dude Surf on it! And I need a Charizard for Fly, anyway - might as well spread the HM wealth.

;132; - "Jolly J!zz" - Holds an everstone, has a jolly nature, strictly use for breeding, and looks like a pink pile of nickname.

;132; - "Timid Load" - Same as above but with a Timid nature!

Sorry if I offend anyone, but C'est la vie...hope someone got a laugh out of the deal.

Rotom Router

Just Won't Stay Dead
I almost always give my Pokemon team nicknames, with the most outlandish set being my HG team. Also nicknamed all the first instances of the 5th generation I've caught though I'm not gonna list them all here XD I also never name legendaries. So for starters here's my Y team!

Diggersby (f) - Loafrita, originally named her Loafrey after one of the Sea Rabbits in "Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure" but wanted to feminize it.

Malamar (m) - Nosferatu, mainly after that Dracula movie of the same name and he's just as dapper.

Dragalge (f) - Gran Grouper, short for Granny Grouper from those Freddi Fish CD-Rom games. Eh, she looked elderly and I need my obscure references.

Aurorus (m) - Takamura, after a character in "Fighting Spirit" if only for the awesome eyebrows they both share.

Gourgeist (f) - Vivian, after the BEST partner in "The Thousand Year Door." Also named a female Inkay I first caught that but she didn't have Contrary. :p

Klefki (m) - Never Lose! As in to Never Lose my keys!! And a bit of inspiration from the Rapidash I named RUN AWAY!! in Diamond.

cwertle

Don't Blink!

Shiny Budew

Sorry if I offend anyone, but C'est la vie...hope someone got a laugh out of the deal.
I did get a good laugh out of the last two haha

As for my Pokemon's nicknames:
Fennekin (m) -- Ember, because I wanted something related to little fire.
Bunnelby (m) -- Cadbury, because he looks like an Easter Bunny and what is one of my favorite things about Easter? Cadbury Creme Eggs! They're so yummy.
Scatterbug (f) -- Sundance, because she'll evolve into a High Plains Vivillon, and I think that pattern has an American Indian vibe to it.
Zigzagoon (f) -- Soshiny, because I accidentally said yes after typing it. Although it does fit, since Zigzagoon like to pick things up and she has the Pickup ability.

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
I named my Flabébé (which is now a Florges) Flower King.
Even though the evolutionary line is female-only, I like to think that there's an exception.

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
So I like to nickname some of my pokemon after borderlands 2 weapons since its one of my favourite games other than pokemon.

Noivern: trespasser - named after a sniper that shoots through shields and she has the infiltrator ability.
Shiny volcarona: pyrophobia - a fire only rocket launcher and volcarona once it's set up a quiver dance hits like one lol
Shiny gengar : florentine - a seraph duel type smg it's electric and slag and I use thunderbolt and sludge bomb so it's kinda similar also it sounds like a girlish name.
Espeon: little Evie - well he was a little eevee before also the weapon text says shock and awwww so cute so yea.
Breloom: pun-chee - named after a male Shield and all I do with him is power up punch or Mach punch lol.
Shiny delphox: fire storm - Well he's a fire Mage and the grenade mod is dropped from fire mages so why not.
Jolteon: quasar - basically just a grenade that's always electric and one of my favourite ones so again why not.
Blaziken: shredifier - is a gun that gets faster the longer you hold the trigger and with speed boost blaziken gets faster as you use him :)
Cloyster: skullmasher - the weapon is a sniper rifle that shoots 5 bullets for the price of 1 and I have skill link so that works also the weapon text says makes your brain hurt and I'm pretty sure anyone's brain will hurt after an icicle spear lol.

Then I have my shiny azumarill that I name xantho which means golden haired water nymph which is perfect for her I have other team members I need to name but those are the ones I've name. I may rename them if I come up with anything better but I was obsessed with borderlands 2 for a while and I just love the weapons from it.

Rotom Router

Just Won't Stay Dead
Forgot about my temporary members+starters in Y.
Greninja (m) - Lupin III after the world renowned ninja thief!
Venusaur (m) - Brutus after the guy who killed Caesar though I'm not sure why. Still need a Caesar for him, though.
Pikachu (m) - Jerry after that famous brown mouse. Should get a Meowth and name him Tom.
Vivillon (f) - Tippi, she was a Modern pattern named after the neon helper butterfly from Super Paper Mario.
Driblim (f) - Yubaba after the witch in Spirited Away, cause Driblims spirit... children... away?
Red Floette - Cherrybelle after a flower species in Flower Town on the StreetPass Plaza that may or may not exist. And because I love cherries.

And I guess a worthy mention is the male Binacle that I named Bill 'n' Ted, though it doesn't seem like the type to go "That is most triumphant, my most excellent compatriot."

And an exception to my Never-Nickname-Legends Rule:
Shaken the Articuno
But Not the Zapdos
Stirred the Moltres
All from XD

Last edited:

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I named my shiny Magikarp (who will always be a derpcarp) Adamastor. Irony as its best... OH WAIT! Smeagle's Belly Drum + Magibeast's Flail suddenly appear! Now it makes sense!

I also named my Delphox (when it was a Fennekin) Harry. It's an obvious Harry Potter reference. A good one! :D

flamewarflipsides

Trevor Wannabe
Zakkpena: I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry. Pretty sure most people who advertise that place aren't actually bronies.

Ahem... I'm a nicknamer, but I got a little bored with it and have done it less lately. Here are some notable nicknames from my X playthrough:

Michigan the male Greninja - Named after Michigan J. Frog, the singing frog.
Starl the Gallade - I got him in a trade and have no idea about the source of the nickname. He was just an ickle male Ralts then.
Cosmo the Florges - Named after the flower alien girl from Sonic X. I had no idea what Florges was going to look like when I named my little Flabebe. I also wish I'd held out for a red or blue Flabebe for the name; she's yellow.
Noble the male Charizard - Named after Noble Savage from Beast Machines. As loathe as I am to spoil a TV show that was on TV before some of you were probably alive, I have a tendency to name my dragon Pokemon, especially particularly tough ones, winged ones, and ones with warm or dark colors in their final forms, after variants of Beast Wars: Transformers' Megatron, who became a huge dragon at some point in Beast Wars. I remembered in BM that he split in two: a robotic dragon transformer, and a wholly organic sentient beast named Noble. I thought Savage was an inappropriate name for a starter, and for a special sweeper, so I picked Noble instead, even though Noble was a wolf in the show.
Biscuit the female Furfrou - named after my old poodle
Orion the Aegislash - From Orion Pax, the original name of Optimus Prime in several Transformers continuities. Befitting a big metal sword that transforms into something else and died at some point, eh? Especially apropos given Doublade and Optimus' weapon in the live action series.
Clark the Physically Sweeping Mewtwo - Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than my Gallade! Able to jump the shark in a single bound! Actually named by my brother when I asked for help.
Joyeuse the Male Greninja - Named after a famous French spy in WWII, who was in turn named after a famous sword. I think Charlemagne's. I was a history minor in college; I should know that.
Fawn the Xerneas - Obvious, but actually named after one of my Transformers OCs. I bet you can guess what her alt is.

Pokemon that are less important to me, but still nicknamed in a way I feel is worth mentioning:

Fiddlesticks the Woobat - I'd like to give whoever named this guy a hug.
Sir Bibi the Bibarel - I wanted to name it Bibi, after a female Bibarel I used to have, but it was a dude. So Sir Bibi it is.
Snorpeus the Snorlax - My brother suggested Snorpheus, after the classical deity. I missed an H and have been too lazy to fix.
Fantine the Cubchoo - Get it, 'cause cubchoos are like supposed to be sick or something? get it? Now I'm going to get killed by every Les Mis fan ever.
Mad Moxxy the Pinsir - Guess what her special ability is. Guess. Also a Borderlands reference, which is funny since I don't even play Borderlands.
Patience The Slowbro - Yeah, I'm bad. I'm really, really bad. Slowpokes are SLOW.

I'm supposed to get a copy of Y at some point, and I'm thinking of playing through that with a team based on Transformers: Rescue Bots. It would look something like:

Heatwave the Squirtle - for Blastoise' water canons
Boulder the Chespin - Loves flowers, tough tank dude, kind of adorable, why not?
Blades the Fletchling, mostly for color scheme. Is there are more orangy flier?
Chase the ??? - Would need something blue in color and in some way associated with the rules or lawfulness. Fast is also a bonus. Fairy type might be a good idea. Or Inkay?
Bumblebee the Helioptile - Yellow, fast, and adorable would be needed. Not sure. Is there a better yellow guy?
??? - Not sure what to do here? Name a Pokemon after Charlie or Kade? Get a Dark or Steel type and name it Morbot? Pancham maybe?
Unicron for Yveltal - Why not? I don't know. Could do Optimus, I guess.

I don't know. Silly idea. Thoughts?

Zorupix

Master of Illusions
Delphox Freya, after Freya Crescent from FF9
Furfrou Jimquisition. Because the Furfrou I caught was Sassy nature, and I could not think of a more playfully narcissistic person than Jim Sterling of the youtube Jimqsuisition (Thank Arceus for me).
Zangoose Sasha
Any female electric type Sable
Manectric Wolf
Mightyena Lotus
Aegislash Excallibur. And yes, he comes with the 1000 item list of daily practices and has an annoying song and dance.
Glaceon Krystal, from Star Fox
Umbreon Onyx
Espeon Ruby
Vaporeon Sapphire
Zoroark Atrus (Male) Sarah (Female)
Meowstic Felicia (Female) Jon (Male), both from Darkstalkers

Pika Pika333

Impulsive Trainer
;039; Ulala, from Sega's Space Channel 5.
;487; Lucy, short for Lucifer (I'm a fan of the whole 'Giratina is the Pokémon equivalent of the Devil' theory) She's a very classy lady. A very classy, genderless lady...
;079; Derpy, self explanitory.
;181; Ohm, after the measure of electricity
;220; Multiple: Nubby, Nub Nubs, Nubster, Nubette, Nubicus, etc., all variations on the 'nub' in Swinub's name.

Fruitt

SHARKEISHA
I always name Tyranitar Bangiras, because that's the Japanese name and it's cool as hell