• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Offical Nickname Discussion thread

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Recently started training a few new Pokémon again, so it's time for some more nicknames...

Sophairy, the Whimsicott. Sophie + Fairy. Works perfectly since Whimsicott is Fairy type now.
Izer, the Weavile. Wanted to do something with the word blizzard to stick to the ice theme of the Pokémon and somehow ended up with this.
Sarix, the Jolteon. There's a ridiculous background behind this name that I don't feel like typing out, lol... But it sounds cool.

isabelmagnolia

Agent Virginia
I aaaaaalways name my pokemon! Usually after characters in shows I like, ahah..
For example, my team in Y is almost completely named after characters in Shingeki no Kyojin. My Delphox is Levi, Blastoise is Hanji, Talonflame is Annie, Lucario is Moblit, Noivern is Ymir..
And my XYZ trio is named after the Lads of Achievement Hunter. Ray the Xerneas, Michael the Yveltal, and Gavin the Zygarde. I'm planning on naming another legend trio after the gents, though I haven't decided yet. Any RTAH fans here that could help, perhaps?

I also sometimes name pokemon after my actual friends. Like, the first pokemon I ever got, a Totodile (now feraligatr) on Soulsilver I named William after a friend in elementary school who really loved alligators. I named a Latios Nick after a kid in my 3rd grade class of the same name who'd died. I'm currently shiny hunting for a Murkrow, and depending on the gender I'm going to name it Dawneh or Connor, both very good online friends of mine.

Last edited:

Ketaru

I've been reading a bit about Chesnaught and like what I see so I've decided to scrap the Infernape idea (though I do have another nickname for Infernape before I put it away) in favor of trying out Chesnaught.

Spoiler'd for length and potential A Game of Thrones spoilers (because we all know how much A Game of Thrones fans love those)

Infernape (HeavensEqual)- I didn't notice that they increased the length for potential nicknames in this Generation so that opens up new possibilities.

In Journey to the West, Sun Wukong (the Monkey King) declares himself "The Great Sage, Equal to Heaven." It is a self-proclaimed title out of hubris, of course.

Nidoqueen (Aralakh)- Aralakh is the name of the planetary system containing the planet, Tuchanka, in the Mass Effect series. Tuchanka is the homeworld of the Krogran race. I wanted to give her a name referencing the character, Eve. But I thought "Bakara" was too obvious.

Chesnaught (Green Dream)- I wanted to give him a nickname referencing knights and the color green. As luck would have it, "Green Dream" is the name of a special accessory in Chrono Trigger acquired by saving a dying forest in the Middle Ages.

It doubles as the term given to prophetic visions by Jojen Reed, a Crannogman (people who live in swamps), from A Song of Ice and Fire.

Rachnera

One With Fandoms
Sometimes I nickname my Pokemon. For example, I have Animal Crossing the Shiny Gogoat, Saria the Florges, Firefox the Delphox, and Loftwing the Unfezant.

Gunvarrel

Gigalomaniac
Omnii the Jolteon - named after the Latin prefix for all
Zeroro the Greninja- named after a Japanese frog ninja alien from an anime
Ludwig the Lucario- German name meaning great warrior
Blés the Charizrd- sounds like blaze
Loch the Lapras- Loch ness
Ami the Zoroark- phonetically sounds like a me which fits Zoroark's ability

Eevee81812

Pokemon Master
I need help with naming my Eevee evolution's!!!!!!!! I already have 3 of the eevee evolution's and working on evolving an Eevee into an Umbrion. I have named them already but I need help with the others this is what i have so far

Vaporion - Neptune
Flarion - Flarion (didnt name it befor i traded it)
Joltion - Bolt
Umbrion - Twilight

Can you help me name an Espion, Leafion, glacion, and a Sylvion PLEEEEEEAAAASSSSEEE

Also just a Breeder/ Collectors tip: If you want more eevee, you take your eevee, or evolved form of eevee, and a ditto and put them in a daycare center. After a while an Egg will appear. This also works with anyother pokemon as long as they have a gender, dosen't matter if its a boy of girl.

If i were to ever nickname any of my pokemon, i'd nickname a baltoy dreidel.

I need help with naming my Eevee evolution's!!!!!!!! I already have 3 of the eevee evolution's and working on evolving an Eevee into an Umbrion. I have named them already but I need help with the others this is what i have so far

Vaporion - Neptune
Flarion - Flarion (didnt name it befor i traded it)
Joltion - Bolt
Umbrion - Twilight

Can you help me name an Espion, Leafion, glacion, and a Sylvion PLEEEEEEAAAASSSSEEE

Also just a Breeder/ Collectors tip: If you want more eevee, you take your eevee, or evolved form of eevee, and a ditto and put them in a daycare center. After a while an Egg will appear. This also works with anyother pokemon as long as they have a gender, dosen't matter if its a boy of girl.
Espeon potential names: Omniscient, Athena, ESPN, palmreader, fortuneteller, fortune
Leafeon potential names: Evergreen, Legolas (surname is greenleaf), greenleaf, vert, verdi, ivy
Glaceon potential names: Snowball, Frosty, Pluto, Frostmourne, Frostbite, chilly
Sylveon potential names: Yogurt, Tinkles, Little Puddin tater, Frank, Gary

Ketaru

Espion, Leafion, glacion, and a Sylvion

If it were me:

Espeon- Phones
The nickname for Neku Sakuraba in The World Ends with You, an "ESP'er". He is frequently associated with cats, within the themes of the story.

Leafeon- Iesous
According to Wikipedia (which means it's of dubious reputability), this is the Greek form from which "Jesus" is derived from. I immediately thought of something that referenced Jesus Christ because he is the topic of the song "What Child is This", which in turn was set to the tune of "Greensleeves".

Glaceon- Overland
The original family name of Jack Frost, from Rise of the Guardians.

Sylveon- Oberon
King of the Fairies. That is all.

Eevee81812

Pokemon Master
first it depends if you want it to have a boy or a girl name? If a boy and you want something cute, then i would suggest Frosty or Snowball. If its a boy but you want a masculine name then i would suggest Frostdrone or Frozone. If a girl with a cutesy name then name it Crystal or Snowbell. If a girl with a cool name then Crystaline or Icela.

Hope this gave you some ideas

x-sayrie-x

Does anyone have any good nicknames for a Cryogonal? How about a Chandelure?

I named my shiny chandelure Jairo and my in-game-team chandelure (from BW2) Laika, if that helps XD

I tend to choose somewhat obscure names for my team members, but not always.

For example, my X team is:
Declan (Greninja, m)
Brill (Jolteon, f)
Ri (Noivern, f)
Simba (Pyroar, m)
Lelou (Lucario, m)
Mishka (Gardevoir, f)

The reason why I chose Simba for Pyroar is pretty obvious; Lelou is the name of a solo-run riolu from a Pokemon Platinum walkthrough that I don't believe is on YouTube anymore; and the rest of the names are ones that I thought sounded good.

Ketaru

Does anyone have any good nicknames for a Cryogonal? How about a Chandelure?

I once had a Chandelure named Ashtear- it's Lucca's last name from the Chrono series. She specializes in fire magic and, arguably, is a ghost in Chrono Cross.

As for Cryogonal, the first thing that comes to mind is Fantasia's video accompanying Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite. If it were my Cryogonal, I'd be thinking about a nickname to reference that.

ShachonianX

Spheal Lord
In my current Pokemon HeartGold nuzlocke, I have a Graveller named Trost. I would enjoy seeing people figure this out. If you manage to SUCCEED in figuring out the nickname, then you are a fan of a certain something I am a fan of, and you just wasted time you could've spent on doing healthy things in your life.

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
In my current Pokemon HeartGold nuzlocke, I have a Graveller named Trost. I would enjoy seeing people figure this out. If you manage to SUCCEED in figuring out the nickname, then you are a fan of a certain something I am a fan of, and you just wasted time you could've spent on doing healthy things in your life.
The Trost District from Attack on Titan!

I rarely nickname my Pokemon. I do have a Weavile named Levi. Good thing he's a boy.