• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Offical Nickname Discussion thread

eiger

Shiny Hunter
The Miskatonic River is a fictional location in H.P Lovecraft's universe. It runs through the city of Arkham, a fictional location infamous for a history steeped in supernatural and occult phenomena.

Is this the story with those river monsters reclaiming the city by night

AlexBW

Better, though...
Hi, I've strated this gen to put Nicknames to my competitie pokemon. I need help namig 4 of them and please comment your oppionoin about the Named ones. The "inspiritaion" behind every nickname is Popular Culture but I also aacept suggestions about other things, specially the ones that have scientific or mythologic explication. Here they are:
Goodra - Dino (For the pet of the Flinstones)
Politoed M- Poliswag (This idea came when it was still a Poliwag)
Jolteon F- ??
Grenija F- ??
Meowstic M- ?? (I tought of KatyCat as of the fans of a Pop Singer but it didn't convince me since he is male and the name sound like a female one)
Mawiles -

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
Hi, I've strated this gen to put Nicknames to my competitie pokemon. I need help namig 4 of them and please comment your oppionoin about the Named ones. The "inspiritaion" behind every nickname is Popular Culture but I also aacept suggestions about other things, specially the ones that have scientific or mythologic explication. Here they are:
Goodra - Dino (For the pet of the Flinstones)
Politoed M- Poliswag (This idea came when it was still a Poliwag)
Jolteon F- ??
Grenija F- ??
Meowstic M- ?? (I tought of KatyCat as of the fans of a Pop Singer but it didn't convince me since he is male and the name sound like a female one)
Mawiles -
Jolteon could be named after some female rock band leader... like Joan Jett? =]
Greninja could be Gabi, after that Rio 2 character. <.<
Meowstic should be Mr. Pawns, or Mr. Tingles. Any Mr. something fits them so well! xD
I have planned many names for Mawiles, but they are a bit too obscure for your intents, so I'll keep them to myself. >.>

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
My emerald team,

Basilisk (snake in Harry Potter) the Milotic,
Danmel the camerupt,
Steelosaur the Aggron,
Neville (Harry Potter) the Slaking
Trevor (neville's toad) the Sceptile, and
Slivasxia the Salamence.

AlexBW

Better, though...
Thank, I liked the nicknames, speciallu joan Jett, I don't know the singer but the name sounds pretty Cool

Dedenne1

6th generation lover
I'm leaning towards starting to give nicknames i need a good one for my Alakazam any suggestion.

cinderkitteh

Pretteh Kitteh Khat
My Excadrills and Dugtrios are always nicknamed 6.02x10^23....

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
@The Mustache

Maybe Snaustache? (Snauzer + Mustache) Or Russel? (Sorry, not original as taken from Jack Russle Terrier) Or maybe even Taché? As in, the other half of "mustache" changed into a nice sounding name.

As for nicknames, has anyone ever put in a nickname and then realize they misspelled it? Like me with ElecticSea the Eelektross. I meant to spell ElectricSea but forgot the r. But I learned that it wouldn't have fit if the r was in there. XD

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
What shall I name my Riolu in Platinum? Any good names?
How about Platinum? You know, noble and metallic.

I'm leaning towards starting to give nicknames i need a good one for my Alakazam any suggestion.
I liked Shazan I saw somewhere.

a nickname for my stoutland please?
Scott?

Can anyone think of a good nickname for a Shiny Flygon? I am hunting for one at the moment.
Bono Vox (if male)? Because of the orange sunglasses. =P

T5000X

Indivijul
My favorite name I've given any of my Pokémon is calling my Luxray "Raiden".

Shao-May

Trainer in training
a nickname for my stoutland please?

Normally I give mine a dog name like Fido or Rocket.

Any ideas for a nickname for a male shiny Milotic (that can attract every female because of it's ability), right now it's name is Toshiro but I need a better one and for a shiny male Breloom?

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
Any ideas for a nickname for a male shiny Milotic (that can attract every female because of it's ability), right now it's name is Toshiro but I need a better one and for a shiny male Breloom?
So many hot guys ideas in mind... If you don't want (the unoriginal) Wallace for that Milotic, maybe Don Juan (lol another Milotic user!).
Breloom is Maroon. Maroon 5 if you likes the band. x)

Shao-May

Trainer in training
Hey I don't mind hot guys names! XD I thought more about a male manga character name (thus the name Toshiro and before it was Hyorinmaru) but Wallace can be interesting and Maroon too! At the beginning I wanted it to be named Amanita because it's my favorite mushroom but it sound too feminine to my taste.

Last edited:

T5000X

Indivijul
Normally I give mine a dog name like Fido or Rocket.

Name the Milotic "Barney" or "Quagmire".