• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official 2nd Generation REMAKE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCVM22

No, Nintendo doesn't even care about Pokemon anymore.

Trust me, you haven't seen Jimmy's dick yet.

Go howl at the moon elsewhere. No one rational puts any stock in your baseless, harebrained hypothesis (or your vaguely unsettling off-topic remarks involving genitalia of video game characters...).

electivire165

umm, how about putting jimmys dick away and getting back to the topic? a remake will come, it might take 10 years but it will come, theres no doubting it.

Manaphyman

Up all night
Go howl at the moon elsewhere. No one rational puts any stock in your baseless, harebrained hypothesis (or your vaguely unsettling off-topic remarks involving genitalia of video game characters...).

You know you could be nice about it.....

Anyways, I highly DOUBT a remake will take 10 years to come. Maybe someting like 2 years, but definetelty not ten. By then, we may have DP remakes for all we know.

electivire165

well i didnt actualy mean it would take ten years i was just trying to get the point across that there definately will be a remake.

palkia1

Palkia Lover
umm, how about putting jimmys dick away and getting back to the topic? a remake will come, it might take 10 years but it will come, theres no doubting it.

Bit of hyperbole with the 10 year part, but i do definitely think it will come soon. I am expecting within the next 3 years or so. Hopefully even sooner than that

Manaphyman

Up all night
Lol I know. I bet if nintendo does decided to remake it, it would be within the next three years. Because, they could lose some of their fans by then....I dont know how to phrase it, but im not sure I'll be into pokemon in 3-4 years...

Manaphyman

Up all night
Well that and..We'll all have real lives. Just enjoy it while it lasts. Thats why I really want a remake...because, those were my first games.

-Koumori-

XD Having a job and going to college doesn't mean you can't play video games anymore, you know. It won't be something you do as often, no doubt, since school work is rather important in comparison to games. Most people who play video games have a social life, as well, but you might simply lose interest in playing Pokemon as some of you mentioned. The deadline being within the next three years doesn't make much sense as far as the possible loss of fans goes, because they gain new fans and lose old ones all the time as people get older.
Myself, I come back to Pokemon every once in a while since it's a nice light-hearted break from the other games I play when I manage to find some free time, and I would love to see a remake of G/S - even if it ended up taking that three years. It could serve as the bridge game to give fans something to do while waiting for the 5th generation games, or it could be a part of that generation itself. If I remember right, G/S came out roughly 4 years after Red/Green in Japan, and after that each generation has been out roughly 3 years after that. If they keep up with that pattern, 2009 should be the 5th gen release year. Would they release the G/S remakes a year after the 5th gen, like they did with FR/LG for Ruby and Sapphire? Or wait a while?

foxfyre

Ninetales Queen
I kind of hope they do so I can get they starters. I really miss my Feraligator

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
Yeah, I'm in college but I still enjoy Pokemon games, obviously.

duncan

Well that and..We'll all have real lives. Just enjoy it while it lasts. Thats why I really want a remake...because, those were my first games.

I love how you say that. Of course, right now we're a bunch of losers without lives, right? XD

About how long it would (hypothetically) take to make a remake...I can't say. But two to three years seems a little bit much to me. I'd say it would be two years if they started right now.

Think about it this way. Fans have made hacks of GSC in less than two years before. If a normal person could do it in that time, then I would be disappointed if Nintendo couldn't.

However, I'm not so sure about Pokemon outgrowing it's base (or the other way around, actually). True, many of us will not play Pokemon in a few years. But for every one of us old fans, there have got to be twenty, if not more, new kids who are just getting into Pokemon.

Us forum goers only account for a very, very small percentage of fans. The majority of fans are younger and will buy any new game that comes out that has the Pokemon label on it.

palkia1

Palkia Lover
I think that when i'm in University i will still play Pokemon regularly. I doubt i will ever stop liking it, i will just have less time to play it, but i still will. I'll probably be in Uni in the next year or 2 as this is my last year of just high school. I do hope it does come out next year though, or maybe early 2010. The sooner the better. I think that Pokemon will probably keep on growing. I think the franchise has become more popular very recently and with a GSC remake even more of the oldies might come back into it for nostalgia again.

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
From our consumer viewpoint, all logical things are demanding the remakes. There is always a chance that the producer viewpoint will not agree, but from our limited knowledge as the consumers, remakes seem like an obvious step. The people who don't want remakes don't have to buy em, and the people who do want them will eat them up and could provide further incentive to buy more Ds's. Nintendo loses nothing by making these remakes.

BCVM22

Nintendo loses nothing by making these remakes.

That's not strictly accurate. Nintendo still has to invest resources, financial and otherwise, into the planning, programming, production and marketing of any game they develop. On the admitted off-chance that they were to make the games and they didn't sell, Nintendo would not recoup those expended resources as profit and as such the product would go as a financial loss. Therefore, to say they have nothing to lose is a statement that would, conditionally, likely be proven accurate but is not unfailingly accurate in and of itself.

Manaphyman

Up all night
I love how you say that. Of course, right now we're a bunch of losers without lives, right? XD

About how long it would (hypothetically) take to make a remake...I can't say. But two to three years seems a little bit much to me. I'd say it would be two years if they started right now.

Think about it this way. Fans have made hacks of GSC in less than two years before. If a normal person could do it in that time, then I would be disappointed if Nintendo couldn't.

However, I'm not so sure about Pokemon outgrowing it's base (or the other way around, actually). True, many of us will not play Pokemon in a few years. But for every one of us old fans, there have got to be twenty, if not more, new kids who are just getting into Pokemon.

Thats a good point, however, I wasnt saying pokemon would outgrow its fanbase. I was saying that the people who expereienced the first G/S/C games, and know about Johto would out grow pokemon, which could cause less of a chance for a remake.

palkia1

Palkia Lover
Thats a good point, however, I wasnt saying pokemon would outgrow its fanbase. I was saying that the people who expereienced the first G/S/C games, and know about Johto would out grow pokemon, which could cause less of a chance for a remake.

I don't think that's necessarily true. I've been a fan of Pokemon since the day it came out, and i honestly believe i will be a life long fan. I hope Gamefreak don't think that and thus avoid making a remake

duncan

Giratina "Origin" Form

:D Well, earlier today, along with Shaymin, there was a new Giratina form announced. It has a different height and weight than the standard Giratina, so we know it's different. It's called the Origin form.

Why does this matter? Because this form is not in D/P, which leads me to believe it will be similar to a Deoxys, in that you trade Giratina from one game to another and it changes form.

So...this is just wild speculation, of of course, but wouldn't it logically follow that a remake (or some kind of DS Pokemon RPG) is in the works?

Status
Not open for further replies.