• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official 3rd Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ thread (Be sure to read the first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Let's see in my current Sapphire file I've got a Shiny Zigzagoon and SRing for a Shiny Kyogre, though that's not going to well, might restart the game for one of these "lucky files" after I finish the game. Shinies I've gotten in other run-throughs are Grimer and Voltorb, I don't have much luck when it comes to shinies. ^^;

the "lucky files" are only on pokemon emerald, not any other games

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Well today on my Ruby file, I ran into a SHINY HARIYAMA!! It is my second random encounter in 3rd Gen, and right when I saw the sparkle, my heart stopped for a second! Ironically I was thinking about what I would do if a shiny were to pop it's head out in front of me, and few minutes later, BOOM, there is was! I got lucky after it Belly Drum'd, because after I caught it I found out it knew Whirlwind!

Mild #297 Hariyama: 7 - 9 / 13 - 14 / 25 - 27 / 15 - 17 / 20 - 22 / 10 - 12

These are the IV's, and unfortunatly it isn't an Attack boosting nature, but on the bright side it isn't an Attack reducing nature!

I would supply a picture, but I don't own a camera, and I wouldn't know how to upload it anyway!

flygon54

just today was my first shiny in sapphire, i was soft resetting for a mudkip, and on like the 12th time, BAM there it is :D

cocoa_adele

i caught a shiny plusle in ruby =D
sooo happy that i can get stacks of ribbons on it =)

Sapphiredragon929

A r t i f i c e.
A Tentcool, level fifteen...I'm not training it...so I released it..

Am I out of my mind...yes. Who releases shnies...I do. They aren't that important anyway's..

Kakkadragon

Shiny Hunting?
Shiny Moltres, Yeah My 2nd Shiny Legendary This Year!

Shiny Moltres, Pokemon LeafGreen

The last time I posted here was when I got my Shiny Deoxys back on the 30th September 2008 and soon after that I said I would NOT post here again until I found a Shiny Moltres and thus that promise has been kept as tonight Shiny Moltres appeared at last.

ShinyMoltresPictureForONLINE.jpg

Here is the link to my Youtube Video of this encounter, its Part 1 of my Shiny Moltres Encounter: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IqW0gEa_Lfo

It is fully legit and I filmed the entire Battle and filmed the part of the console which proved it was and is fully legit. I did this on the GBA Player as you probably noticed from the photo above. I am uploading 2 videos on Youtube Later showing the encounter and capture without Master Ball which was nice as I didn't have to use Master Ball for Shiny Deoxys in September or Shiny Giratina on the 6th Jan 2009.

Anyway I can't think of much else to say so Good luck Readers with your Shiny Targets and congrats if you have obtained any lately. On the last day of December 2008 I said 2009 will be the best year for Shinies yet and with 2 fully legit 1 in 8192 chance shinies before the 20th Jan 2009 this looks like it really will be a great year for shinies.

Replies to Members who have said something about this post:

LoneStarAkira - Congratulations!! ^__^ I long for the day Moltres shines for me. <3

And what do you mean by GBA Player? O__o An Emulator? What?

Thanks LoneStarAkira and yeah good luck getting Moltres to Shine as well, by GBA Player I mean the GameBoy Player for the Gamecube that allows you to play GBA games on it.

Mence Master - No, there is something in the (Correct me if I'm wrong) Gamecube that allows you to play a GBA Game on the "Big Screen"
Since I have an EXTREME Type disadvantage, I'm going to bypass Silph for a bit, while I train/earn money for a buffed up super-strong Blastoise. Soft Resetting for Regirock, hopefully it comes quickly and smoothly like Kak's year has been going :p
(Moltres is smexier than Bishaan!) [IVs, d00d]

Thanks Mence Master and yeah you are exactly right about the Gameboy Player, good luck with your Shiny Targets and yeah I said 2009 will be my best year for shinies yet and yeah as I said before so far that statement has been FAR from False.

Last edited:

Mence Master

<- Most Recent Shiny
No, there is something in the (Correct me if I'm wrong) Gamecube that allows you to play a GBA Game on the "Big Screen"
Since I have an EXTREME Type disadvantage, I'm going to bypass Silph for a bit, while I train/earn money for a buffed up super-strong Blastoise. Soft Resetting for Regirock, hopefully it comes quickly and smoothly like Kak's year has been going :p
(Moltres is smexier than Bishaan!) [IVs, d00d]

(DragonCoast)TY

Pokemon Trader
The only shiny i have is plusle in emerald but it's been a year since then so I think i will restart the file. In my other emerald I just restarted to SR for a shiny torchic and in my firered for a shiny dratini but I wait will until I beat the game and then go for it again. In my leafgreen i'm SR for a shiny charmander. I probably SR in my Ruby for a shiny torchic as well.

jbtenseventeen

Shiny Hunter
I have a few questions. I have gotten many opinion and answers, but I want to be sure. I am Soft Resetting for a shiny starter in sapphire, but I have one problem, my internal battery has run dry. does this affect my chances of seeing a shiny starter or poochyena.

Dragonking

I have just recently caught a shiny Anorith from SRing on emerald. It has a Brave nature and my next target is Lileep. Good luck on your hunts.

Chaos Wolf

The classic
I've got a bit of a puzzler for you guys too. I have found four shinies in Emerald. My Shiny Torchic with an Adamant Nature, best in Defense, A Mightyena, Brave, best in Sp. Def. The two recent ones are a Brave Golbat, best in Sp. Def, and an Aron, Bashful and best in Sp. Def. Would those shinies mean that my Emerald has a "Lucky File" with three different shinies. I checked as best I could, and it seems Mightyena and Golbat have near identical IVs.

And my other question is, Assuming that I do have a Lucky File, would hunting for a Shiny Rayquaza be looking for a 1/200 chance with the correct second, or would it draw from all three Shiny possibilities.

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
I've got a bit of a puzzler for you guys too. I have found four shinies in Emerald. My Shiny Torchic with an Adamant Nature, best in Defense, A Mightyena, Brave, best in Sp. Def. The two recent ones are a Brave Golbat, best in Sp. Def, and an Aron, Bashful and best in Sp. Def. Would those shinies mean that my Emerald has a "Lucky File" with three different shinies. I checked as best I could, and it seems Mightyena and Golbat have near identical IVs.

And my other question is, Assuming that I do have a Lucky File, would hunting for a Shiny Rayquaza be looking for a 1/200 chance with the correct second, or would it draw from all three Shiny possibilities.

You probably do, if you managed to get a shiny starter from SRing, but that wouldn't explain the varied IVs and natures of the random encounters.

I asked earlier on this thread if the RNG affected wild encounter shinies, and I got a reply saying that it did. Maybe it doesn't. ^^; I guess one way to find out is by SRing something. <3

No luck on my 3rd gen games with shinies. I've given up the lucky file search for now and directed totally to Whismur, as I said earlier this week. I'm hoping to get far enough on Leaf Green to do what I've been promising for so long; SR a shiny Moltres. It'll be my first SR shiny, IF I ever get it, so hopefully it'll shine for me!

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
The RNG "bug" also works with wild pokemon.
If you manage to start a battle on the exact same moment as you did with the first ones (counted in seconds after you pressed continue), you'll have a 1/200 chance of finding a shiny RNG clone.

(DragonCoast)TY

Pokemon Trader
So how do you guys get these lucky files. I encouter a shiny plusle a year ago in my first emerald cartiage but never had one again. Im trying to see if I can get a shiny in my other emerald cartiage.

Status
Not open for further replies.