• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official 4th Gen Shiny Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Hiya, quick question:

Let's say you want a shiny starter on a 3rd or 4th gen game. You begin a new game, and are about to select a starter. Would it show you whether that starter was shiny before you select it, or would you have to choose your starter and then check it's summary?

Nope, in RSEFRLGDPPt, you need to choose it and check its summary. In HGSS, in the little picture, it shows if its shiny or not.

master rad

master of pokemon
i'm sad because i try to chain a pokemon something gets in the way. my highest chain is 18 and still can't find one.do you think its easier to just breed with my japanese ditto?

Cutty

Forever now
I got 4 shiny ralts from 3 days resetting.
Currently I'm trying to chain Poochyena. And maybe after that Houndoor.

cookies kill you

Like a boss
i got a shiny ratatat in the beggining of fire red then when i was looking for entei which i still am i found a shiny spearow and pidgey and i also hatched a shiny magikarp and soft reseted for giratina

jbtenseventeen

Shiny Hunter
I hatched this shiny totodile using the masuda method on Friday the 13th.

104.jpg

i found my third ever non-red gyarados shiny — a butterfree — recently in soulsilver; it was in the bug catching contest... the upsetting thing is, i wasn't paying attention and didn't realise it was a shiny until i ran from it :(

AKRy100

Shockingly electric!
Tried chaining in Eterna forest, couldn't get a chain of more than 3 let alone even finding a shiny. I suck at chaining, my biggest chain is 17.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I hatched this shiny totodile using the masuda method on Friday the 13th.

Cool. How many eggs did you have to hatch? Actually, I'm trying Masuda Method with my staraptor and a japanese female hoothoot and, after 540 eggs, a shiny one didn't come out yet. Do you need fill all the boxes in only one save? The parents are now in level 100...

At least, I did many trades on the last months and now, along with the four shinies I get for myself, I have 18 now. Still wanting shiny gligar, shiny absol, shiny trapinch and shiny torkoal... T_T

jbtenseventeen

Shiny Hunter
Cool. How many eggs did you have to hatch? Actually, I'm trying Masuda Method with my staraptor and a japanese female hoothoot and, after 540 eggs, a shiny one didn't come out yet. Do you need fill all the boxes in only one save? The parents are now in level 100...

At least, I did many trades on the last months and now, along with the four shinies I get for myself, I have 18 now. Still wanting shiny gligar, shiny absol, shiny trapinch and shiny torkoal... T_T

that totodile took me 150 eggs to obtain shiny. Pretty fast considering my other Masuda shiny mudkip, took 1121 eggs.

SC0TT

Drift King
I have 3 Shinies, all from random encounters. I caught a shiny Makuhita on Sapphire, a shiny Weepinbell on Pearl and a shiny Graveller on Platinum

They're all now on my Platinum game and fully evolved (Hariyama, Golem, Victreebel), soon to be EV'd (2/3 perfect natured) as soon as im done with current projects

pichu96

About 5 minutes ago I was chaining for a Nidoran Female. I killed the 9th Nidoran and then I saw the Shiny patch and I started to jump around everywhere because it was my first shiny that I've chained ever! I threw a Quick Ball at it and it was caught on the first try! Here are two pictures! (Sorry about the quality I used my Dsi :p)

HNI_0013.jpg

HNI_0006.jpg

My first Shiny that I have ever chained and on a chain of only 9! :D

Last edited:

iifrozenmnkyz

hey first post on these forums >.< god im slow,
but for the masuda method; do you have to hatch them or can u tell from the egg itself?

btw : Currently trying to get a shiny eevee from the masuda method, hatched 130 eggs (and still going)

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
wow only nine? wish i was that lucky...

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
i can never chain. i suck at it. but i did randomly run into shiny machop once.

deoxisthebest

Ice gym leader
My first shiny pokemon was a shiny Weedle and I caught him at Leaf Green at Viridian Forest. The day after that, a friend click on New Game insted, so I lost it.
Then I had any shiny pokemon for two years, until I bought pokemon Pearl, and the second month after that, I found a shiny Roselia on Route 114 (if I remember right), and I still have it!!!! Well, now it's a Roserade. ;407;

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
i found a shiny meowth in firered! yes!

marty

{VR}Trojan
lol found a shiny bibarel and its random encounter.YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.