• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official 4th Gen Shiny Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

manor777

Shiny Hunter Vet.
yeaaaaa, im now at 1500 eggs and still no shiny spiritomb

Gerik

I caught a shiny sealeo last night.;D
It was purple pink-ish... well, it was my first shiny. It was Modest nature too. SO I EV'd it's sp.atk and HP, and I now has a powerhouse Walrein ;D
;333;
First post ftw.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I've just caught a shiny Golbat while training with Riley, i had to kill a wild Steelix off first before also killing off Rileys Lucario (so he wouldn't knock the shiny out either), i managed to get the shiny down to about 10hp before throwing an Ultra ball at it.

This is my second ever shiny, one being in Emerald and this one being in Pearl.

bug boy

Caught my first shiny!!!!!!

Unfortunately it is only a Staravia... and even more unfortunately it is a modest nature lol, but I dont care, I don't competitive battle, I plan to raise it up and make it part of my real party, I only have a 4 pokemon party ATM anyways.

ChaoticInverse

<--31,000 incounting
So after two weeks of chaining off and on I finally caught a shiny. It was another random encounter one. I don't normally like woopers but this little pink things pretty cute. (and it's stats aren't too bad) congrats to everyone who caught some shiny's and if you didn't well don't give up it takes time. lots and lots of time.

Mikeh

Veteran Trainer
My first shiny was a donphan at mt.silver in my old silver version after that a claydol in emerald, linoone, nincada which is a ninjask now, crawdaunt, and cyndaquil which I got from completing the pokedex in emerald and getting from prof guy xD

blckdemondrgn

lv 8 Shiny Hunter
ok so I got tired of azelf hunting and decided to chain my signature pokemon which happens to swarm on my b-day (3/3).

So I got 7 shiny beldums in total before I quit. only one of seven beldums were adamant even with abra's synch. Rest were 3 bold, 2 brave, and 1 timid.

Braves were my best one and one is great for trick room cept 31 iv in speed. Hate when you get perfect iv with negative nature.

Will continue my azelf hunt and hope to get it before I receive soul silver.

Good luck to all you shiny hunters and you future hunts. Annoying azelf didn't shown after around 3-3 1/2 weeks now after recounting days.

BlastoiseWaterLegend

I LOVE WATER TYPES!!
Just caught a shiny Nidoran F the first on a chain!!! This is my first shiny in Diamond ever! I was on RT 201 so I so glad it wasnt a Bidoof lol. This was a purely random shiny so it could've been.

Last edited:

RaRe

WSUP
I suck at chaining lmao, hey got a shiny arceus via a trade, i think it's legit but idk yet, has a normal iD (over 10000) an impish nature normal stats, it's level 80 said it was apparently caught and was caught at the hall of origin in january 2010 it's somewhat stubborn and likes sour food

it was caught in a master ball

also it came with:

Thunder
Dark Pulse
Hyper Beam
Dragon Pulse

please PM me back

BlastoiseWaterLegend

I LOVE WATER TYPES!!
I suck at chaining lmao, hey got a shiny arceus via a trade, i think it's legit but idk yet, has a normal iD (over 10000) an impish nature normal stats, it's level 80 said it was apparently caught and was caught at the hall of origin in january 2010 it's somewhat stubborn and likes sour food

it was caught in a master ball

also it came with:

Thunder
Dark Pulse
Hyper Beam
Dragon Pulse

please PM me back

Sounds like a hack to me....

anyway...so i'm chaining for a Pinsir, I get 40 and on 41 guess what? A ****in Beautifly. Every video I saw of people chaining they got theirs on the 41st chain. Im soooooo ******!

Last edited:

bug boy

Hey guys, that shiny Staravia I caught, it knew defog when I caught it, and I just noticed Staravia doesn't normally learn defog? what on earth is going on???

BTW I have never used anything to hack this game, is it a default in the game? or is it normal for shinies to know moves they don't normally learn during the level up process???

kris198921

i dont hatch eggs to get shinys or use the pokemon finder. i just run into them randomly and catch them when i find them.

Cutty

Forever now
^You have to erase 3 of your post there kris198921.

yeaaaaa, im now at 1500 eggs and still no shiny spiritomb

I'm right behind you with 1200 eggs. Just enjoy it I suppose.
We both should be getting the shinies this month, a long with Pieman.

Good luck everyone.

Sounds like a hack to me....

anyway...so i'm chaining for a Pinsir, I get 40 and on 41 guess what? A ****in Beautifly. Every video I saw of people chaining they got theirs on the 41st chain. Im soooooo ******!

That's because they stop at 40 and keep resetting the radar until they find a shiny patch. At least you got to 40 though, mine keep breaking randomly at 20. I go into the right patch and everything but it always breaks. I've been above 30 a couple of times but can't get there again.

ok so I got tired of azelf hunting and decided to chain my signature pokemon which happens to swarm on my b-day (3/3).

So I got 7 shiny beldums in total before I quit. only one of seven beldums were adamant even with abra's synch. Rest were 3 bold, 2 brave, and 1 timid.

Braves were my best one and one is great for trick room cept 31 iv in speed. Hate when you get perfect iv with negative nature.

Will continue my azelf hunt and hope to get it before I receive soul silver.

Good luck to all you shiny hunters and you future hunts. Annoying azelf didn't shown after around 3-3 1/2 weeks now after recounting days.

congrats and gl with your azelf hunt

bulbasaur14

Bulbasaur line ftw
i just caught a shiny shinx now a luxio :D

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
does the spiked ear pichu wi-fi event for europe and us give u a NORMAL SPIKED EAR PICHU OR A SHINY ONE? i got a shiny one!

@Bug Boy: Are you positive you did not teach it Defog? Has anyone else had access to your Game? Shinies are only different in colour they shouldn't be able to know different moves to normal pokes.

In my shiny world... i managed to get a 40 chain of Machop in my fiance's game. This is his first chain of 40 (even if i did it) so when the patch appeared i let him go to it and catch his first ever in game shiny. Then lastnight he managed to get a chain of 40 Budew so he has one of them aswell ^.^

I caught a Machop for myself after the first one and traded him a Shiny Voltorb for it ^_^ I named it Barret and his one is called Hulk.

I'm still going slow on my Kyogre and Squirtle hunts. However i did get two pikachu coloured Pichus today! I'm evolving the one on my Platinum game and i found it's attack iv to be 30 and it's speed to be between 27 and 29, which is perfect for what i want it for. I'm keeping my Diamond one as a Pichu, don't know it's ivs.

@ blckdemondrgn: Wow out of all those Beldum only one was Adamant with a synch... i was extremely lucky then, as i only had one chance with my shiny Beldum and it is adamant.

That Arceus seems fake to me. There's not been an azure flute event as far as i know even in Japan. But i might be wrong.

Wow so lucky to get a shiny Sealeo! Sososo lucky!

Last edited:

bug boy

@Bug Boy: Are you positive you did not teach it Defog? Has anyone else had access to your Game? Shinies are only different in colour they shouldn't be able to know different moves to normal pokes.

In my shiny world... i managed to get a 40 chain of Machop in my fiance's game. This is his first chain of 40 (even if i did it) so when the patch appeared i let him go to it and catch his first ever in game shiny. Then lastnight he managed to get a chain of 40 Budew so he has one of them aswell ^.^

I caught a Machop for myself after the first one and traded him a Shiny Voltorb for it ^_^ I named it Barret and his one is called Hulk.

I'm still going slow on my Kyogre and Squirtle hunts. However i did get two pikachu coloured Pichus today! I'm evolving the one on my Platinum game and i found it's attack iv to be 30 and it's speed to be between 27 and 29, which is perfect for what i want it for. I'm keeping my Diamond one as a Pichu, don't know it's ivs.

LOL no one else has access to my game, but I guess I did catch it at about 3 in the morning... so I suppose it IS possible that I taught it that, and don't remember, it did go through my head wondering if I taught it that, but I convinced myself I didn't lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.