• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official 4th Gen Shiny Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
My first shiny was a Meowth on Silver. Apart from that I have Linoone and Houndoom. Still trying for Absol.

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
I'm now trying for the final time to chain a shiny pichu. wish me luck because I'll need a ton of it to actually succeed at this.

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
Good luck. Use a static ability pokemon to increase your chances, and remember you can reset the radar if you don't think a patch is far enough away from you ^_^.

FlareonJupiter

F&J Manga-Ka
This morning; while on Mt. Coronet and searching for a Chimecho (for the Solaceon Town reporter), I caught a shiny Golbat.

She's now on my team, and I'm raising her Happiness so she'll evolve into Crobat.

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
a KOed Pikachu with Static is the first pokemon in my party I think... but not sure lol

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
sorry for double posting but I just thought you should know that I failed.

No. 1 Machop Fan

I've played my Diamond game for a total of nearly 1200 hours, yet I haven't found a single shiny Pokémon! Despite this, I have found Pokérus.

marty

{VR}Trojan
Just got traded my lvl 6 gengar for a shiny suicune in the GTS wohoo! my 1st ever shiny that i got traded over the wifi.

godudette

/me cresselias
It must be my week. I caught a shiny Stantler today on a chain of 10. =)

sorry for double posting but I just thought you should know that I failed.

Don't give up yet- it's taken a lot of practice and patience for me to get used to the pokeradar. I tried to get a shiny Marill for weeks, then I just stopped and decided to fill up my Pokedex and do some EV training with the Pokeradar. And now I'm at two shinies. =)

Nebbio

NINJA!

marty

{VR}Trojan
i saw a guy yesterday on GTS, that he was trading a dialga for a geodude, so i accepted his offer then when check again he was still there and again was offering another one. Now i manage to get 5 shiny lvl dialga's and one shiny lvl giratina.

October has been my best month for shiny pokemon. I returned from India about 4 weeks ago and on the first friday back i chained 3 shiny Sentrets. The first one i am positive is a random encounter 1/8192 as when it appeared on the 5th chain the patch i found it in didn't sparkle it was just a normal patch. The chain ended at 83 after i caught two more at 41 and 77 :p.

The next morning i chained in the same patch on route 202 and i caught two shiny Shinx, the first on the 40th patch and i kept resetting until a female appeared. Both of these chains were the first ones that i attempted so booya!

The next weekend on the sunday i spent ALL DAY chaining Pinsir. I'd gotten to 40 before however it was really late and my tiredness made my thumb slip on an Ariados, so i've been determined to get a Pinsir since then. So they were swarming, i first caught an adamant synch ralts then went to chain. They kept breaking because i went out of range apparently which is bull because half the time i was not out of range! Eventually i got to 40 and started resetting. Soon a female shiny Pinsir appeared and the synch worked! However i could not continue for a mould breaker one because i forgot to take my synchroniser off the top of the team and the repel didn't work.

Oh and i have obtained 2 lucky eggs this month aswell! =P

The best thing to ever happen happened this month aswell, last week in fact. I finally found a female Charmander on the gts and she is japanese, so i paired her up with my Feebas for the 31 sp attack ivs the feebas has to be passed down to the young in my attempt to masuda method. The first one that hatched was a female <_< You have no idea how long i bred charmanders with ditto to get a female and got nothing! Anyway after 2 batches of 5 i decided to stop for a while as i know how long it can take to get a shiny through breeding so i was going to continue in a few months after i'd done other things. Of course after the second batch had hatched there was one egg left with the daycare man so i collected it then got my pokes out of daycare and then got my shiny Ponyta and one of my Sentrets and proceeded to ev train them in speed. So i was chianing starlys and after training i had 32 chained so i kept going until i got to 40. So i'm resetting the radar and it's taking it's time to sparkle then my egg starts to hatch. I had totally forgotten about it, as in i had no idea i had it after all the ev training! Already contented that i'm on my way to a shiny starly i'm barely paying attention to the charmander as i'm assuming it's not shiny.
So you can imagine the sheer shock when a yellow/gold Charmander is dancing around where the egg was. =O I must've stared at it for a whole minute before pressing A and then checking the stats. I've checked it further and found out the 31 iv in special attack has been passed on to it xD but it is Gentle natured so it will not get the full benefits of this iv but it's also the same nature as my Charizard from Leaf Green =P which is cool. I'm so happy and on the eleventh egg that is damn lucky and totally unexpected!

Of course after further resetting (took a wee while actually) shiny Starly eventually appeared! xD Worst ivs in history but like I care, i'm not going to use it in competitions or anything.

So yeah... best month ever for pokemon! It's also my favourite time of the year in general!

EDIT: If i trade an egg over to my bf's game and i know there's a shiny inside will it still be shiny when it hatches in his game?

Last edited:

Tamsy

My shinies include:
Flaffy x2 (first shiny I caught on platinum, first one on a chain of 5, second @ 40)
brown Magnemite (chain of 15)
Green Minun(chain of 12)
Green Doduo x2(chain of 40)
blue corsola

Tiomasta

Not amused
EDIT: If i trade an egg over to my bf's game and i know there's a shiny inside will it still be shiny when it hatches in his game?

Actually, it won't be shiny.
Unless those two games just happen to have the same shiny number thing.

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
I've got a current obsession with shinies, so I'm trying to breed a shiny Gligar with the Mesuda method. I just hope that I'm patient enough...

drewboy9

my first was a buziel

Nebbio

NINJA!
To get a shiny using the Masuda method does the girl have to be the other language?

Status
Not open for further replies.