• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official 4th Gen Shiny Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

disposable_heroes

<- Best PKMN Ever
I've never gotten a shiny, not even from the GTS.

Tried chaining Roselia a month ago. I got to 43, but I wasn't successful. STUPID RALTS!

Bambo

Shinies

Update on Shinies acquired
Zangoose
Bonsly and Sudowoodo (through evolution)
Zigzagoon
Snubull (Random)
Pachrisu
Psyduck
Sentret (lots of these I think 8 or so)

lucario99

Red is pure awesome
guys,any pokemon adventure game on the wii?didnt know where to post it,so posted it here

1) Could you use proper english to a level where its understandable?
2) Where is your common sense? This is a 4TH GENERATION SHINY DISCUSSION THREAD.I strongly suggest you read the rules,which you probably have not am i right?

Anyways back on topic
i succesfully chained a shiny ralts on route 203 :D

Cutty

Forever now
I finally got my Poochyena chain to 40 n caught 3 shinies only.
The first shiny took forever to appear (gosh, this the worst thing I hate about chaining).
I have tons (well only 4) of shiny Mightyena in my Diamond, so I won't bother to evolve one. Anyway, about nature, I don't really care either. I mean, who uses Poochyena?

I decided to continue to explore the rest of the part of the map (like the fighting area, stark mt. etc before going back to chain something again), prolly complete my syncher Ralts.

Anyway, I also got myself shiny Chikorita in my HG. So I guess I'm lucky.
It was Sunday, so I used most of time to get shinies.

I should take a pic of my Chikorita, I will, just wait.

marty

{VR}Trojan
yay! caught a shiny whiscash in the great marsh

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
how about finding a gosh dang shiny yanma and the stupid thing runs?!
that happened to my friend though, i actually managed to get a shiny tangela.
woo-hoo.

Finally got a RNGed shiny articuno with calm nature took two months. x_X

^wow good job
my shinies- pichu(2), duskull, weavile, feraligatr, togepi(31 spatk iv!), typhlosion, magnezone, nuzleaf, gengar, ho-oh, eevee, tentacool, cacturne, gallade, gardevoir, bellydrum charizard!, jolteon, pelipper, pinsir, gyarados, sceptile, riolu, pupitar, torchic, metang, extremespeed dratini!, staraptor

Last edited:
^wow good job
my shinies- pichu(2), duskull, weavile, feraligatr, togepi(31 spatk iv!), typhlosion, magnezone, nuzleaf, gengar, ho-oh, eevee, tentacool, cacturne, gallade, gardevoir, bellydrum charizard!, jolteon, pelipper, pinsir, gyarados, sceptile, riolu, pupitar, torchic, metang, extremespeed dratini!, staraptor

Thanx its beautiful. I use it in doubles support (icy wind, reflect, toxic) yet i still keep it mostly as a collectors peice. Too elegant for battle.

Nice job getting all of those shinies. I think i only have about 10-15.

Last edited:
still haven't found a random shiny yet after almost 200 hours:( and I'm to lazy to go chain 2 more pokemon, so I'm stuck not being able to rng

and watertrainer121, your supposed to reset after 40 until you find a shiny patch

Last edited:

jbtenseventeen

Shiny Hunter
still haven't found a random shiny yet after almost 200 hours:( and I'm to lazy to go chain 2 more pokemon, so I'm stuck not being able to rng

and watertrainer121, your supposed to reset after 40 until you find a shiny patch

It took me 500 hours on my pearl to find a random shiny Gastradon.

I used to have shiny sharpedo, loudred, torkoal, golem, bellosom, vileplume, spearow, paras, altria, medicham, budew, luxray, manectric, and I had another blaziken and metagross...all of those were from random encounters orginally except metagross, blaziken and luxray

Hiro__

∞Melancholy∞
I have a shiny espeon!!! XD And a shinx and a nidoran (m) but they were all gifts (except the espeon i evolved fromt the shiny eevee i got from a friend.) And now my espeon is the first pokemon of mine to be ev trained! I'm so proud of it! *sniff*

SterlingEnigma

I just chained myself a shiny Bagon in Platinum. Well, it showed up at number 2 in my chain and didnt have a shiny patch so it was actually just dumb luck, but Im still proud of it. I named him Ragnarok and just checked his IVs (attack is 27 which is pretty unfortunate since he's Modest natured, but his SpecialAtk is 21 so I can live with that) and im ready to start EV training him :)

rocketnyasu

After eleven years of playing Pokemon, I encountered my first ever shiny wild Pokemon today... It was a Chansey. And even though I was using a Pokemon that had False Swipe, I accidentally fainted it. So yeah. I'm angry with myself right now.

The sad thing is, I have six Masterballs. I should have used one. It would have been worth it.

nkishadow

Shiny Trader
I can never chain to save my life so the only way to shinies is to trade other people
Currently have 5 shinies
But i wish i could chain to catch my own shiny to offer

Status
Not open for further replies.