• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official 4th Gen Shiny Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zephyrdragoon

Parodoxic Enigma
I only heard of the Masuda method recently (last week) but I can verify that it works I hatched a shiny eevee (Hardy nature) after only about 6-7 eggs (lucky, I know) and evolved it into an umbreon

Roknar

But it's better than drinking alone
Good for you

To tell you guys the truth ive never heard of the Masuda Method. All the shiney pokemon i got were from luck. Beginning in the 2cd gen. i ran into 5 shiny raticates(All different times and days). i caught one, knocked out the others. then in the 3rd gen, poochyena, slugma. In the 4th gen, Geodude, zubat, ponyta, graveler (now golem, not the geodude listed before) Rhydon, cacturne, starly, kricketune,shinx, budew, pachirisu, buizel, shellos, buneary, murkrow, stunky. And thats it. Of course all my shiney 4th gen pokemon are scattered between pearl, platinum, and diamond.

Wow, that's really good luck. Every shiny I've ever gotten was one Lapras from Firered on my own, Red Gyarados in G/S/C, and the about 38 others were from trades.

So far the Masuda Method and chaining have not worked, but I haven't tried that too often. And I don't have the patience for soft reseting. Enjoy the shinies. I enjoy mine, but it would have been cooler to catch some of them.

As someone suggested though, I may try to chain a swarm. That sounds more fun.

^it's easier, as there is a 40% chance of finding, also you could try chaining shinx, with static you have a 60 or 70% chance of finding them on route 202

^it's easier, as there is a 40% chance of finding, also you could try chaining shinx, with static you have a 60 or 70% chance of finding them on route 202

You can do that with magnemite outside of the ironworks with magnetpull or with a outbreak of voltorb, you have a 70% chance of that...you could try it with electrike, but it's harder seeing as how you can find shinx, pachirisu and mareep also, which are also attracted with static

Cutty

Forever now
My newest shiny on Platinum (again), after only 294 sr's. Been very lucky w/ this game. :D

shinyD2.jpg

shinyD5.jpg

It has modest nature. My syncher worked perfectly. Gonna name him Demiant.

Congratz to the others n good luck, don't give up.

Nebbio

NINJA!
I guess I'm lucky. I found a random shiny Bidoof on Christmas, and a shiny Floatzel while watching the Matrix.

ninetails012

teh wild card
i had a random encounter with a shiny budew in eterna forest. then a few days later i restarted my game.....it was my first one ever caught...*sheds tear*

maliwoo22

I haven't found a shiny... EVER. The time i've played in total for all of my games would be way over 1000hrs... and still haven't seen one. And to make it worse, my brother was playing my leaf green and looking for a chansey in the safari zone. Within 3 hours he found a shiny exeggcute AND a shiny nidorina and caught them both. On his ruby he also found a shiny Wingull... This shows how hard it is to get shinies, well at least for me.

you're like me maliwoo :p
i found a lvl 2 shiny pidgey.
the weird thing was it was my 10th pokemon encounter.
and my pokemon were too high levelled to catch it :( .
i prefer SRing to chains.
put you have to be really patient ;) :)

kai1100

I haven't found a shiny... EVER. The time i've played in total for all of my games would be way over 1000hrs... and still haven't seen one. And to make it worse, my brother was playing my leaf green and looking for a chansey in the safari zone. Within 3 hours he found a shiny exeggcute AND a shiny nidorina and caught them both. On his ruby he also found a shiny Wingull... This shows how hard it is to get shinies, well at least for me.
its ok maliwoo you will get one at some point i also thought i was't gonna get one

Nebbio

NINJA!

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
i had a random encounter with a shiny budew in eterna forest. then a few days later i restarted my game.....it was my first one ever caught...*sheds tear*

been there, done that. i was close to getting a shiny swablu, but i ran out of repels. :(

Prinplup

Super, super =D

Well then, your signature is a little misleading. You haven't got a single shiny, yet you have 2 shinys in your trainer card. Then, you offer perfect nature shinys? Yeah, I'm confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.