• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official 4th Gen Shiny Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
If you want to use it competitively or actually train it, you might as well find what nature you want and use a synchronize pokemon unless you just want a random nature pokemon.
I'm just concerned with whether or not it's Shiny, since I don't battle competitively or anything. I thought making half of the Pokémon have a specific nature might increase my chances of finding a Shiny Pokémon. Is this the case, or am I mistaken? I can't completely comprehend all of the technical parts in determining alternate coloration, so I'm not sure.
Everstone and Masuda don't mix.
Figures...

Tiomasta

Not amused
I'm just concerned with whether or not it's Shiny, since I don't battle competitively or anything. I thought making half of the Pokémon have a specific nature might increase my chances of finding a Shiny Pokémon. Is this the case, or am I mistaken? I can't completely comprehend all of the technical parts in determining alternate coloration, so I'm not sure.

No, those are unrelated. One will not affect the other.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
I just chained three shiny Scyther. I like to be able to train shinies to battle, and the best one of the lot is Naughty. Not bad, but it could be worse. That Quiet one isn't going anywhere, methinks.

Ammako

No, those are unrelated. One will not affect the other.

When using Synchronize, it skips the frames 50% of the times until it gets to the correct nature. That means if Synchronize booted in while you were about to encounter a shiny frame, it would skip it and go to a normal-coloured frame.

But regardless, I believe the chances to find a shiny would still be the same.

Cutty

Forever now
One last question...

I usually get my chains to around 20ish before they break randomly, so I'm wondering would it be smart to start resetting for a shiny patch at 20 or are the chances the same?
You can try that, if you're lucky the shiny patch will appear only after half an hour.

On my early days as a bad chainer, I usually stopped at chain 20 n started resetting from that number. I got some shinies from it like Castform, Meowth (it's gone T_T), etc.

Because it's not easy to start a chain in trophy garden, to get the rare pokemon to show up. If you really want the shiny, then I suggest you can stop at 20 n reset.^^

Good luck everyone.

Kumaru

Shine please...
I just caught 2 shiny shinx's on a 40 chain about 2 hours ago. one's already a luxio, and the one I caught last page is a luxray.

YAY beldum are swarming!

I know what I'm doing next :D

Antiquity

Banned
I just chained a Starly lol. It was my first succesful chain though so yay me.

So far I only have 2 non-pokeradar shinies on 4th gen. A random shiny unown and a shiny Giratina, which took me about 7,684 Soft Resets, I was dualhunting on 2 Platinums.

My pokeradar shinies are:
2x shiny Zubat (Diamond)
5x shiny Smeargle (Diamond)
11x shiny Poochyena (Platinum)
4x shiny Rhyhorn (Platinum)

Here is my youtube channel...

Currently not hunting anything. I am getting a few things ready for upcoming hunts though.

Last edited:

pieman556

1525 Eggs!!
I've been using the Masuda Method for a long time now to try to get a shiny eevee, and Ive hatched about 330 eggs. I'm starting to lose my patience even though that I know that I'm not that far into it!

Any one have any tips for speeding up the process, I'm using my bike in that long vertical stretch right next to solacean and I have a pokemon with flame body in my party.

Maybe someone would want to have like a competition or something to see who can get a shiny faster, I think that would boost both of our spirits for getting a non RNG abuse shiny!

Kumaru

Shine please...
don't exactly w8 until your current egg hatches before picking up a new one. have as many eggs as you can fit into your party with you.

pieman556

1525 Eggs!!
ya thats what I do and well it still goes by pretty slow

flygonabsol99

I have 3 shinies,all of them are legit.I found kricketune by chance on the way to school,smeargle on a chain of 2 on pokeradar,and a magnezone which i got from gts.

Cutty

Forever now
I've been using the Masuda Method for a long time now to try to get a shiny eevee, and Ive hatched about 330 eggs. I'm starting to lose my patience even though that I know that I'm not that far into it!

Any one have any tips for speeding up the process, I'm using my bike in that long vertical stretch right next to solacean and I have a pokemon with flame body in my party.

Maybe someone would want to have like a competition or something to see who can get a shiny faster, I think that would boost both of our spirits for getting a non RNG abuse shiny!

Race w/ me, I just started my new MM egg hatching for shiny Chinchou. So far only 20 eggs.

MonMaSTAR

Doom!

I just caught my second shiny ever on 4th gen on platinum! i was chaining and after only 10 mins of restarting my pokedar on a chain of 44 i met my new shiny houndour! its a female with I'm not thrilled about but ill get over it. i had a kadabra with modest syncro in front but no luck.
Im thinking about ev training it in defense and special attack. I would say what its iv's are but I have never calculaed iv's befor. I'm just gonna wait till its lv.100 to see.
My other shiny is a larvitar on diamond with a modest nature:(, also female... I got it the same with in 1 hour on a chain of 40.

So for anyone wanting a shiny i strongly suggest chaining it works if u know what your doing. GOOD LUCK shiny hunting!

pieman556

1525 Eggs!!
Race w/ me, I just started my new MM egg hatching for shiny Chinchou. So far only 20 eggs.

Sounds good haha I wish u luck with ur shiny Chinchou. I'm now around 345 so hopefully I'll get a shiny soon!

I'll race too! Oh wait. I'm D/Q'd :p

Here's my latest...

217.png

Ursaring
Brave
Guts
31/31/31/21/31/0
252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Protect / Facade / Hammer Arm / Shadow Claw
Egg moves on UT version: Close Combat / Cross Chop

One egg. 12 SRs for the shiny egg. 5 SRs for the IVs. Gonna try this in VGC 2010 under TR. It's one of the few shiny sprites worth making shiny IMO.

Last edited:

Shiny Supercow

S*ck My PokeBalls
Yay! first time really trying to chain, and this is the result:

;172;
Lv 21, Male, Careful.

Got to 42, when this one popped up!
This motivates me even more to chain other pokes :D

BlackUmbreon

The Game-Player
Just caught a shiny Floatzel in Victory Road. Im so happy! First random encounter shiny! ;419; :D

Nebbio

NINJA!
You're all so lucky. I keep breaking my chain. I'll try again tomoro.

pokefantravis

The Poke-Pimp
Well, I have a total of five shinies, one of them is the PCP and the others were ones I got from trades. The ones I got from trades are a Rayquaza, a Gallade, which I got as a Ralts, a Metagross, got it as a Beldum, and a Salamence, which I got as a Bagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.