• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official 4th Gen Shiny Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Human Being

Oh, hahah yeah. Well, without saying too much, this was an extremely quick RNG project for a friend who needed it for the World Championship (not TRjesse or BadIntent). I ran through the first gym as quickly as possible and RNG'd it. I didn't have the radio and I don't think I'd met Joey yet. Thankfully I hit it on my first "try" though.

Haha, well you should have went for a flawless one then! Its Worlds and every little bit matters, the loss of a stat point can be really important, just imagine what would have happened in your battle if PokemanMaster/Milan Patel didn't invest as much as he did in HP! Also Joey is on Route 30, the first battle you can even do after "your rival" battle.

Off topic, but I personally am trying to help PokemanMaster a lot as he prepares for Worlds. I practically EV'ed his entire team, I RNG'ed half of his team, if I remember correctly you got him/EV'ed one pokemon and I am EV training the pokemon Riski got for him, and theorymon'ed most of his team as well. Hoping there will be a lot of updates on what's going on at Worlds.

Oh yeah, I almost finished EV training the BP I was doing for Itsuki on Smogon, a LC Dratini! Going to give it the standard moveset with Waterfall.

DDB

I've only managed to chain four shinies (2 Absol, a Marill and a Sneasel) and came across a random Roselia on my Pearl game. My chains seem to like breaking after 29.

I had a question though... I got Oak's Letter on my Pt game from the event in 09 but haven't gone to catch Shaymin yet. I was wondering if it would be possible to get a shiny version of it if I saved before battling it and tried the SRing method?

Human Being

But the much more efficient way to get it instead of SR'ing would be to RNG it shiny and possibly with good IVs and Nature. It would take 12 hours to learn how to RNG, less if you get someone to help you learn it and then you can get a good one within 15 hours of beginning, faster, or at least just as fast as SR'ing and it has more long-term use.

DDB

I'd have to learn RNG first, don't have a clue about it. But thanks for the advice and answering my question guys.

beebo

Finally :)
Hello ..
Its been A long time from my last post hasnt it :p
well Im Back and with a new shiny ..
vlcsnap2010072923h36m42.png

After about 5000 Soft Resets Shiny Lugia Is mine ..
its Been over a week of hunting and from 5 to 10 hours of Soft Reseting everyday ..
It came By a suprise i wasnt even looking at the screen .. and when i looked i saw a
Shiny Lugia in front of my eyes I screamed Shiny !! :p
Shiny Lugia Video

Goodluck .. and Hopefully i return with a new shiny soon :)

Human Being

Hello ..
Its been A long time from my last post hasnt it :p
well Im Back and with a new shiny ..
vlcsnap2010072923h36m42.png

After about 5000 Soft Resets Shiny Lugia Is mine ..
its Been over a week of hunting and from 5 to 10 hours of Soft Reseting everyday ..
It came By a suprise i wasnt even looking at the screen .. and when i looked i saw a
Shiny Lugia in front of my eyes I screamed Shiny !! :p
Shiny Lugia Video

Goodluck .. and Hopefully i return with a new shiny soon :)

What are the IVs and nature? It is hard to appreciate it as much without knowing these, but still for something soft resetted it is amazing either way. So Kudos to you! I personally do lack an understanding about why people do not just learn how to RNG with the time they use Soft Resetting though, the amount of time used Soft Resetting, and getting so used to it you may SR after the pokemon is shiny, I tried before I learned to RNG and it was all too time consuming. Still, very impressive how you had the persistence to actually continue Soft Resetting, I can not put so much energy into hoping to get something.

Last edited:

GilligBoi

I caught a shiny zubat this morning. It looks cool in lime green :D

Human Being

I caught a shiny zubat this morning. It looks cool in lime green :D

Awesome! You should evolve it to a Crobat, it looks even cooler in Hot Pink! It fits even better on any team when it is pink! Pink goes with EVERYTHING!

nikki124

Dragon Trainer. RAWR
Hey everyone. I'm one of those few people who have yet to ever see a shiny in the wild or hatch one (regardless of the how many times I've tried).

So right now I just started to try the Masuda method (cross your fingers!!) and I'm wondering are you more likely to hatch a shiny in HGSS or in Platinum?

Btw, anyone know if it's possible to get a shiny Giratina in the event in HGSS via SR with no cheating devices? you know, the one that requires the TRU arceus

Last edited:

NomadSPG

4th Gen. Dragon '88
I'm wondering are you more likely to hatch a shiny in HGSS or in Platinum?

Btw, anyone know if it's possible to get a shiny Giratina in the event in HGSS via SR with no cheating devices? you know, the one that requires the TRU arceus

im more likely to hatches in platinum becouse i have a few special targets with this just like hatching shiny eevee on Flower Paradise for his grass evolution and from this location

You can SR this Giratina/Dialga/Palkia without cheating devices, be patient:)

Last edited:

nikki124

Dragon Trainer. RAWR
im more likely to hatches in platinum becouse i have a few special targets with this just like hatching shiny eevee on Flower Paradise for his grass evolution and from this location

You can SR this Giratina/Dialga/Palkia without cheating devices, be patient:)

Thank you!! and I'll try to be lolz

Dialga
Spr_4p_483_s.png

L1
Shiny
Quiet
30/23/31/30/29/0

Got it on my Japanese Soul Silver Cart
SHINY QUIET 0SPD DIALGA

Dialga
Shiny
Quiet
30/23/31/30/29/0

DD0D0C76 2009-06-27 13:58:01 D3181 WD3211 CD491 WS1 CS14 F169(M1)

Plan:
Save on platform with only arceus.
Try to hit seed.
Call Joey 84 times (lol)
Accept Dialga (bottom Left).
See how far off you were and adjust.

DD0D0C76 2009-06-27 13:58:01 D3181 WD3251* CD491 WS1 CS14 F169(M1)
3145 / 1 which is good, but add 30 to WD to get 3241... I don't understand Pikatimer! xD
3169 / 1 Adding 10 to WD to get... 3251*

3181 / 167 *FACEPALM* 1 too few phonecalls. lol do-over!
3185(hair late) / 169

Verifying my seed with the dogs before the calls now:
Plan:
Try to hit seed.
Check seed with dogs.
Call Joey 83 times (lol)

3181 !! :D 83 calls now! AND QUICKLY!! GOOOOOOT IIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!
using a Hall of Origin Arceus. Big thanks to Ditto for supplying that, and a HUGE thanks to ExpertEvan for suggesting I release the Dogs and use them to find my seed BEFORE I make a ridiculous amount of phone calls to Youngster Joey to advance my frame to my target.

It's not "flawless" but it's dang good for being a "secondary" shiny spread for my ID/SID.

Human Being

Dialga
Spr_4p_483_s.png

L1
Shiny
Quiet
30/23/31/30/29/0

Got it on my Japanese Soul Silver Cart
SHINY QUIET 0SPD DIALGA

Dialga
Shiny
Quiet
30/23/31/30/29/0

DD0D0C76 2009-06-27 13:58:01 D3181 WD3211 CD491 WS1 CS14 F169(M1)

Plan:
Try to hit seed.
Call Joey 84 times (lol)

3145 / 1 which is good, but add 30 to WD to get 3241... I don't understand Pikatimer! xD
3169 / 1 Adding 10 to WD to get... 3251*

3181 / 167 *FACEPALM* 1 too few phonecalls. lol do-over!
3185(hair late) / 169

Verifying my seed with the dogs before the calls now:
Plan:
Try to hit seed.
Check seed with dogs.
Call Joey 83 times (lol)

3181 !! :D 83 calls now! AND QUICKLY!! GOOOOOOT IIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!
using a Hall of Origin Arceus. Big thanks to Ditto for supplying that, and a HUGE thanks to ExpertEvan for suggesting I release the Dogs and use them to find my seed BEFORE I make a ridiculous amount of phone calls to Youngster Joey to advance my frame to my target.

It's not "flawless" but it's dang good for being a "secondary" shiny spread for my ID/SID.
Just gave a whole comment on its VGC usage right before this on your post on Smogon!

EDIT: Also you didn't advance your frames by walking and repels like you did last time!

Yeah, calling Youngster Joey advances your frame by 2 consistently. I didn't know that before, but OmegaDonut had a post about it, and I tried it and it worked. Makes more sense than walking cuz it's pretty quick, once you have your Text set to Fast.

kevin_romeo_87

hello there!!

i've had a rough time getting a shiny ditto thinking that i could hatch some shiny's with it, and i'm sort of dissapointed by that... so, can anyone give an advice of how to get any shiny, and of course breed 'em

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

HeartGold: Enzo 1205 2625 0873

Ace Trainer Alex

wants to fight!
A while ago, back on my Pearl version, I ran into a Shiny Machop. Since Machoke is my favorite, I instinctively threw a Quick Ball and caught the bugger. He had No Guard and a Naive nature (and was Quick to Flee).
Since I already had a main Machoke in Pearl, I transferred him to Soul Silver when it came out right at the beginning of the game. So I had my Shiny Machop/Machoke grow right along my starter.
Sadly (for me) in recent days, I had to trade him back to Pearl to get him something, and in the process, he evolved. While I know he'll get better stats now, Machoke was still my favorite. But he is still in my party and has that beautiful No Guard/Dynamic Punch combo.

Zapdos
Bag_Ultra_Ball_Sprite.png
Spr_4h_145_s.png

L50
Shiny
Timid
29/21/30/30/31/31 (Hidden Power Grass 68)

Just caught him on my Japanese Heart Gold Cart.

After having a ridiculously hard time with a Regice using Dusk Balls, back when I first started RNGing, I decided to just masterball everything. Now that I pretty much have everything I'll need from this Generation, I've decided to start picking balls that match the target in some way. I think the Bright Yellow Flash of the Ultraball matches Shiny Zapdos pretty well.

It's not quite "flawless" but for being a shiny, meh, it's good enough.

If anyone's interested, here were my RNG steps. I had to hit a ridiculous delay of 13219.
ZAPDOS
Shiny
Timid
29 / 21 / 30 / 30 / 31 / 31 (HP Grass 68)
B40D33AD F3(M1) 2010-04-30 13:59:01 D13219 WD13316*? CD491 WS1 CS14
Plan:
Well, since I've already got 2 Roamer's out, it's starting frame should be 3.
Save in front of Zapdos with "lilketchum" in front.
Try to hit my seed.
Verify with roamers.
Encounter.
False Swipe, Spore, Catch with Ultra Ball.
Find out how close you were and adjust.

13150 / 16??? Seed Verifier agrees, so yeah... adding... 67 to WD to get...WD13316* Also, try picking it up, THEN checking the roamers, I didn't like that frame...>_>
13213 shaky start, good end, not bad BUT, I forgot my syncher, and MK, which makes it F2, not 3. T_T Gotta get a syncher, then kill Raikou, good WD though

B40D33AD F3(M1) 2010-04-30 13:59:01 D13219 WD13318*? CD491 WS1 CS14
Plan:
Well, since I've already got 2 Roamer's out, it's starting frame should be 3.
Save in front of Zapdos with "TIMID" in front.
Try to hit my seed.
Verify with roamers.
Encounter.
Hypnosis with "TIMID", then switch to "MrKetchums" and False Swipe away
False Swipe, Spore, Catch with Ultra Ball.
Find out how close you were and adjust.

Rt31 / 13215 / F2 Adding 1 to WD to get 13317 Just gotta hit em both and you got it!
Rt 46 / 13217 / F2
Rt 31 / 13215 / F2 >_>... adding another 1 to WD to get 13318
46 / 13217 / F2 >_? adding one more to get WD 13319
37 / 13221 / F2 /wrists back to 13318*
13223 effinggeez
13217 fffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
13219 !!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got him in the ball too!

Status
Not open for further replies.