• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official 4th Gen Shiny Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
i have feeling ive been to lucky lately i think im either gonna have a long hunt or a quick 1 and get a raticate

will you be using lapras to beat the elite 4?

Jessara

Shiny Hunter
just got 5th shiny of my SS BQ after 1055 SR
here he is http://i48.*******.com/uo64h.jpg

Congrats! :D I love Lapras, one of my favourite shinies. I got one out of the first egg while MMing back in 2009. Was quite a shock to get a shiny that quickly, that's for sure, she is one of my special shinies.

soundxfury

Congrats on the Lapras! I had a random encounter with a Golbat in my Soul Silver (traded her away for an Arceus to activate Sinjoh Ruins though).
In my Platinum I had some surprising luck with shinies. I ran into a shiny Meditite, Roselia, and Graveler all in the same week. This was quite a while ago though and I've lost my game since then. Unfortunate because I had transferred my shiny Magnemite (which I trained into Magnezone) and shiny Charizard that I SR for 3 days in my FireRed.

Kyle Clarthy

Can't believe I haven't posted in the 4th Gen thread for so long...Congrats Zane, GreatGonzales, MaidensGhost, Helio, rykerr, lavaburst14, AquaRegisteel, Cutty, cocoadragon and many more on getting your shinies!

After taking a break from my 5th Gen hunts for a bit I've gone back to SRing for Groudon on Soulsilver, and I'm at 940 SRs now. I don't have a Master Ball left since I used it on Ho-oh, so I hope I'll be able to catch him okay with all the other balls I have and my False Swiper. I'd hate to accidentally faint him XO.

Good luck everyone on your hunts! :3

Oh, thanks, Ambri! :)

Good luck with your hunt, too ... I hope it goes smoothly when it does appear. Do you have any way of getting that Master Ball over from another game or something, though?

And yeah, congrats to CocoaDragon for collecting that Lapras! Need nickname suggestions for that one?

(So many topics are making this so confusing ... I can't remember sometimes if I've congratulated one person in another thread or not! :p )

Last edited:

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
Oh, thanks, Ambri! :)

Good luck with your hunt, too ... I hope it goes smoothly when it does appear. Do you have any way of getting that Master Ball over from another game or something, though?

And yeah, congrats to CocoaDragon for collecting that Lapras! Need nickname suggestions for that one?

(So many topics are making this so confusing ... I can't remember sometimes if I've congratulated one person in another thread or not! :p )

Thanks ^_^ unfortunately I don't, unless I manage to win the Lottery on Pearl anytime soon XD. The first time I ever did chaining on it in 2009 and found a Shiny Houndoom I was way too worried about stuff going wrong ("What if it uses Roar? What if the Quick Ball fails and it roars!?")...so I used my Master Ball on it. I still really, really regret doing that aaagh. My only other Master Ball was in Soulsilver which I used to catch my Shiny Ho-oh, Kogane. I have one on White, but I wouldn't be able to send it back anyway and I'm saving that for when I go after a Shiny Kyurem :p.

I guess I could transfer my teams over and restart Pearl...I probably will at some point anyway when I transfer them to White. I'd be able to SR for Giratina and Palkia then too <3.

I'm at 1019 SRs for Groudon. I'm gonna try and get up to at least 1200 or so by the end of the day~

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Currently around 3,060 REs. Hoping for it to shine before 4,000 REs.

FullmetalPikachu

The drawing Pikachu
Well I'm on day 7 of my hunt, and am up to 2490 SRs . I'm hopping he shines soon! And I found watching the YT videos really help, so thanks to thos people who suggested doing that :)

It's where you catch a shiny before getting each gym badge.
Oh, okay, thank you for answering. That sounds interesting :)

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
hmm just hit 2000 encounters for shiny magnemite still going strong

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Well, I have just found a Shiny Wooper!!! I posted about 10 minutes ago in the other thread with the shiny. It appeared after 3,828 REs, and I will get pics tomorrow! Keep hunting cocoadragon and everybody else!

Shuleek

Shiny Hunter Wannabe
Congrats everyone on your shinies :)

I recently got shiny Eevee and Chikorita through trade for my shiny Swablu and Sneasel (which also means I only need a shiny Cyndaquil from Johto starters, and I don't even have a regular one yet...) Now I'm thinking about SRing for shiny Kanto starter form Oak, SRing for Suicune or MMing for Zangoose or I don't know what... What do you guys suggest?

pxm1

SHINY HUNTER
got a shiny buizel after 1 chain was freaking out when i saw the shiny patch then after that i got a shiny shinx in i non shiny patch when i got i jizzzd my pants

shiny TOTODILE<--1278 STARTERS SEEN 8/3/12

Last edited:

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Congrats everyone on your shinies :)

I recently got shiny Eevee and Chikorita through trade for my shiny Swablu and Sneasel (which also means I only need a shiny Cyndaquil from Johto starters, and I don't even have a regular one yet...) Now I'm thinking about SRing for shiny Kanto starter form Oak, SRing for Suicune or MMing for Zangoose or I don't know what... What do you guys suggest?

Suicune is a good shiny, and it's less tedious than the other hunts...but that's me.

At 72 REs in Route 35. Nice shinies all of you, especially Giratina and Dialga! Thanks charizardmaster1

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I have another new shiny to report! n_n

After 14,337 "headbutt" encounters, a lovely golden Exeggcute appeared. And my synchroniser worked this time, so he's Modest natured.

Video: Shiny Exeggcute!

I think I might go back to hunting for a shiny Slowpoke in Soul Silver now...

Good luck to everyone else.

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
major congratz helio ^_^

im still hunting magnemite atm 6300 REs

ImAnOKIE12

Sexy Cowboy
Good luck with the slowpoke! And i just wanted to say that the other day, i encounterd my first shiny ever in the wild. I usually breed. The shiny i encounteed was a lvl 42 machoke, i looked down and noticed he was green I was thinking what the -?! then the only pokemon i had was a lvl 58 pidgeot, i know that fighting types are weak against flying. and i was aware of thi back then. I went to hit one move to weaken it, and at that moment we hit a bump nd i ended up ko'ing the machike using fly ;(

pokemonmaster333

ok so i have one kinda stupid question does anyone know any advanced tricks on chaining i have watched quite a few vids but nothing that i didn't already know

and congrats everyone on their shinies it gives me hope in my hunting

Last edited:

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Hey everybody. I thought I'd let you guys know how my 4th gen hunts are going.

HG: Badge Quest/Lapras - 10,000 SR << finally a HG BQ shiny that's taking a long time to shine. Yay... >.>
SS: Slowpoke - 320 encounters
Platinum: Badge Quest - 1200 encounters

I've also been noticing that my Heart Gold seems to be freezing every now and then. You know how when you SR, the screen goes white for a moment before it reloads - well it's been staying frozen on the white screen and I've had to switch the DS off and take the cartridge out. I sure hope a shiny Lapras wasn't going to appear on one of the times it's frozen... >_<

Still no shiny ho-oh but I will not give up and after I find one I'll double hunt for shiny rayquaza(heartgold and soulsilver)

Status
Not open for further replies.