• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official 4th Gen Shiny Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NomadSPG

4th Gen. Dragon '88
thanx Ambri, master of murkrow and Cutty Flam:)
my next serious target is Snivy in Black, but i don't forget about Absol from Sinjoh - yesterday i've MM'ed next 50 eggs, but still with no wanted result.

Ofcourse i've go my wi-fi Suicune too..

dsc01871x640.jpg

dsc01873x320.jpg
dsc01875x320.jpg

dsc01886x320.jpg
dsc01896x320.jpg

dsc01904x320.jpg

and my CHARMARU evolved yesterday:)...

dsc01906x320.jpg

dsc01907x320.jpg

dsc01909x320.jpg

Last edited:

Skydra

The shinies I've obtained in 4th generation so far:
Chaining:
Kirlia, Floatzel, Magnemite (all X2), Beldum, Metagross (evolved from chained Beldum) (X1 each)
Events:
Pichu, Raichu (evolved from event Pichu) Suicune (x5) Raikou (x6) Entei (x4)

Now I'm trying SRing, right now for a shiny Latias, and I hatched around 50 eggs MMing for Treecko.

siny

I have found some shiny over de past two years.
First i found some randomly
Shiny meditie
Shiny Geodude
Shiny Weedle
Shiny Delibird
Shiny Rapidash
Shiny Sneasel

Chaining
Shiny Farfetch
2x Shiny Phanpy
2x Shiny Spoink
Shiny Starly

Softresetting
4x Shiny Cyndaquil
2x Shiny totodile
Shiny Chikorita

(for a shiny cindaquil +shiny totodile i traded with my sister for her shiny Mareep)

and also not to forget
Shiny Raikou
Shiny Entei
Shiny Suicune

But just a question if you find a shiny would you always evolve it?
I say no, i like the little ones better.

but i was just wondering what others thought.

PS congratiolatons for my sister she found this week a shiny Zubat

Depends what it is. I've evolved all the shinies i wanted for my shiny team and i plan on eventually evolving my shiny Dratini as i want a shiny Dragonite.

I don't evolve things i prefer in shiny to their evos but i always evolve if the purpose of me finidng it in shiny was to get the evo in shiny as i'd prefer it to the basic or first stage.

I tend to leave things i feel indifferent about UT as they could be used in a trade and because i don't want to waste time training something i'm never going to use. However if they have good ivs and the perfect nature i do consider them for training.

Although i like evolving ones i really like epsecially if they are a good nature i like keeping them in thier original caught form for as long as possible as it's nice having an UT shiny. For this reaosn i have not touched my Dratini, Ho-oh or Lugia... although having a jolly Lugia isn't the best for training anyway. I know they don't evolve but it's for the same reason that they're UT and perfect.

NomadSPG

4th Gen. Dragon '88
I evolves my shinies, coz this is part of my adventure with. In meantime i can find another random shinies in a wild and i like to visit some difficult places to reach in pokemon games to increse chances for finding rarity shiny.
I never hunt shinies for trade, but it's a chance i will do it with double, but for now i have a long list of shinies for hunt from 4th and 5th gen, so that double may never be real.

Xman96

Fighting Leader
Well this last week has been a really good shiny week for me. I finally got a WEP address so I can trade and since two saturdays ago I have recieved 14 shinies! Before this I had absolutely none. I also recieved a jap. ditto, but I am going to wait till B&W to start MMing.

master of murkrow

Shiny Hunter
well this last week has been a really good shiny week for me. I finally got a wep address so i can trade and since two saturdays ago i have recieved 14 shinies! Before this i had absolutely none. I also recieved a jap. Ditto, but i am going to wait till b&w to start mming.

omg 14 shinies?!?! How did you do that?!

Xman96

Fighting Leader
By trading. I got some free ones thaat were RNGed and traded some of my other pokes. So now my current shinies are: Salamence, Tyranitar, Heracross, Weavile, Lucario, Rhyperior, Jolteon, Carmander, Murkrow, Tangrowth, Milotic, and Cranidos. This isn't counting my event legendary dogs. In B&W I will be catching some shinies of my own. THere aren't meny shinies from the other gens that I want right now. So I have decided to do some serious MMing in B&W.
EDIT: I trade away the Ursaring for a shiny Milotic!

Last edited:

NomadSPG

4th Gen. Dragon '88
CHARMARU's final evolution!:D..

dsc01913x640.jpg

dsc01914x640.jpg

dsc01918x640.jpg

i went to Dragon's Den for teaching him TM02 - DRAGON CLAW:)

i'm proud of him - that's my first shiny Charizard ever! and one of most wanted shiny desing in pokemon history!:)

God Luck with ur hunts everyone!

Last edited:

WIZkid1696

Sarcasm is fun!
I love shiny charizard:)

Im working on a shiny pikachu as we speak.... or type whatever

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
Shiny Grimer get!! Matsuda Method, hatched after ~320 eggs to a Japanese Ditto and an English Grimer.

She's bashful, has Stench, and is named Ginger. No images at this time.

CooKeyy

~Breeder~
:d

about 3 days ago i got a shiny cynda after 48 srs and decided it was way to easy so traded over to diamond and restarted my HG
and after 1730 srs i get a shiny chiko wanted totadile but its a shiny i get what i get ^^

my shiny cynda 3 days ago 48 SRs
IMG_0139-1.jpg

my new shiny chiko after 1730 SRs
IMG_0150-1.jpg

iltwbtsiodfau

lol so lucky with the shiny grimer and shiny cyndaquil! ive been mming for a shiny cyndaquil...about 250 eggs and nothing so far

Chained Shiny pokes: Zigzagoo 1, Smoochem 8, Dunsparce 6, Budew 6, Beldum 1(two suicided on me with struggle), Spoink 2.

Buneary (PINKKK) and hoppip next(ALSO PINK!!!!).

I just discovered chaining last week so i think im doing ok sofar haha its sort of relaxing.

Currently using masuda method to get a egg move shiny skarmory with a japanese ditto and english skarmory (at least the dittos name and his ot are in katakana so i THINK hes japanese)

200 eggs in, someone encourage me to keep it upXD

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
im just wondering, but with sring if u turn the ds off do u have to start again???

No, the game doesn't count your SRs - everytime you encounter the pokemon, its still a 1/8192 (I think) chance. Its not that, if you've done 1000 soft resets, the chance of encountering a shiny goes down to 1/7192. So turning off the game will effect nothing - its basically what you're doing when you SR, to be honest.

Betulina

Good luck with the Skarmory-hunt, Hina omega! I'm sure you'll get one, if you have patience. ^^ (Although you might want to wait for BW, if it's not 4.gen-only egg move or something. It seems that Masuda method has improved quite a lot in 5. gen)

And congratulations on your two starters, CooKeyy! Chikorita is so cute when shiny. It's like autumn-Chiko. And red Cynda is pretty too.

On with my own shiny news:
Misdreavuses are pretty mischievous...
I got a chain of 40 last night, but didn't get any shiny before I had used at least 50 Max Repels. And when the shiny patch finally appeared... there was two of them. I have never seen two at the same time... And I hope it won't happen again. It was very beautiful and annoying at the same time.
But at least I got the best chained shiny I have ever got from this chain. I caught four, but synchronize worked only ones:

200.png
Repeat.png

Timid: 27 / 28 / 29 / 25 / 29 / 31
It's already EVd and will be the lead of my UU team. <3

No, I wouldn't. Actually I don't like to evolve shinies, if it means I won't have their basic evolution/s afterwards. That's why I like chaining so much. I always try to catch at least one shiny/stage. (So I have also all evolutions of pokemons on right side of my signature. Except Skiploom, because the second Hoppip was on edge of the grassy area. And I know, that this is not the place for trade offers, but if someone has a spare shiny Hoppip or Skiploom, please PM)
Perhaps this will change when I get english Black, because Pokedex will remember all shinies I have owned anyway. But for now, the answer is no.

Last edited:

master of murkrow

Shiny Hunter
Currently using masuda method to get a egg move shiny skarmory with a japanese ditto and english skarmory (at least the dittos name and his ot are in katakana so i THINK hes japanese)

200 eggs in, someone encourage me to keep it upXD

Well good luck and you can check your pokedex if you want to know its country

Ambri

~Draco Rex~

I'd always evolve my shinies, because when I find them I usually want to use them in my team :3. Most of the shinies I have found are fully evolved or don't evolve anyway XD.

If I'd already caught a shiny and evolved it, then found another one of the pre evos, I'd probably keep it unevolved though~

Status
Not open for further replies.