• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official 4th Gen Shiny Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does no one know where to save in order to soft reset for Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno in Platinum?

I got a shiny Linoone on Diamond (Caught as a Zigzagoon) and a shiny Golbat on Platinum. Like a boss I randomly encountered them in the game without trading or events and caught them. Before that I also caught a shiny Golbat on Pokemon Ruby.

stupot

It was only this year I really got into chaining on my copy of Platinum. I tried it a good few times on Platinum and Diamond when they first came out but could never get any higher than a chain of about 18. However, I did manage to catch both a shiny Spoink and a shiny Cubone on chains of around 4-5, and neither time did the grass flash like it was holding a shiny.

I finally got into chaining properly on holiday in Tenerife this year, getting a chain of 40 Machops and a chain of 40 Geodudes 2 nights in a row (and both yielding shinies). I was fairly drunk both times, not sure if this gave me awesome chaining powers!

Also got a shiny Farfetch'd on Sunday at a chain of 40, then an Oddish on a chain of 4 (again the grass didn't flash!)

Successfully got a chain of 40 Mankeys today. Could only see 3 shaking spots so moved up a step to charge the radar and DIDDLYDIDDLYDIDDLYDIDDLYDIDDLYDIDDLYDIDDLYDIDDLY %$!&ing Raticate broke my chain!!!

stupot

Never mind, managed to chain a shiny Krabby instead!

Hellken

I have a Shiny Miltank (via Pokeradar chaining). I found it on Chain 11.

HAI!

Ive recently hopped aboard the soft resetting crew on HG and it has yield me great results, i did a 5 day hunt for Ho-oh which i nicknamed Genesis!

im currently hunting for a Suicune that keeps slipping through my fingers, been hunting for over 8 days now but that isnt stopping me! XDD im hoping its successful soon cause i want to go after a dream shiny that ive wanted since emerald ;w; rayquaza

Gemball

Hi guys i have little problem and rly need help with him :) so... I'm trying to find a shiny nincada with on the Eterna Forest in Diamond Version with poke-radar sure and after each 8x times try (i using chaining sure) if I want to continue my chaining broken and i must start from the beginning ... :( but i read i can try maximum 40x times so anyone please tell me where is problem? i rly,rly,rly want trying found shiny nincada :) very thanks for any answers and advices.

ShinyGoogleplex

Guess who!?
first one with a Master Ball. I then flew to Hearthrome and checked the stats of both Beldum. The one caught in a Master Ball had an Adamant Nature, the other one had an Impish Nature. I then saved the game three times to ensure I would not lose it.

I do the same thing on my games, though not always in 3s.

Dominate shiny video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPKplOgExyM

There will be more to come, including the end.

Sorry for the video's longevity. An editor has my permission to trim it to leave any 'good' parts and cut the dead silence.

The best for this next one is 29:14.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi0bj94L4VI

Tell what you all think.

The finale in 3. But they're not long.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntVH0HK8erQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy8dGz7btvY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44GPXl7tc8c

Please do comment.

Last edited:

Dragco15

Actually, how did you all get your own shinies?
When my first shiny ever i caught , ralts , i use the method which is using an expel then walk along the grass and finally i get my first shiny. There is also a method that is known as the masuda also works!

Tell me how did you all catch shinies.

Alfred

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
as with all my Shiny pokemon, i have found another one at random.

I had just Started a new game of Soul Silver.

I was training a Sentret on Route 30, and out pops a Shiny Pidgey.

I have the Best luck with Shinys in HG/SS.

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
I ran into a shiny bidoof in Platinum. I also ran into a shiny diglett which actually had 5 ivs xD not in all the right stats but still 5 ivs and the 6th one was like 15-24. It was jolly nature two but thats because i had a jolly xatu at the front of my party with synchronize even though jolly sucks for xatu it was my in game team

Ib4

Xenlon Cavalier
Found a random shiny Staravia outside Turnback Cave in Pearl and got a shiny Torkoal over the GTS in Soulsilver in exchange for a legendary (don't remember what exactly). My favorite shiny of my 19 (5 random, 2 trade, 2 fixed, 10 event) total across my games would be the shiny Zapdos (With Modest Nature :)) I caught randomly in Soulsilver. Best game moment ever.
I've spent a ridiculous amount of time looking for a shiny Pinsir in Pearl with Pokeradar but no luck as of yet. Also got the shiny Gyarados and event legendary dogs, but those aren't exactly a surprise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.