• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official 4th Gen Shiny Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
I began a new game on my Heart Gold version recently, and lo and behold, the second Pokemon encounter was this beautiful bird:

A2d5qtcCQAA_mfq.jpg

Her name is Windy. She has been transferred to my White 2 version and is currently waiting to be traded to my English Black 2 game when I get it in a few weeks. She will part of my in-game team there~.

Last edited:

Ammako

I began a new game on my Heart Gold version recently, and lo and behold, the second Pokemon encounter was this beautiful bird:

A2d5qtcCQAA_mfq.jpg

Her name is Windy. She has been transferred to my White 2 version and is currently waiting to be traded to my English Black 2 game when I get it in a few weeks. She will part of my in-game team there~.

Very nice!
(Fun fact: This is almost exactly like Arcanine's Japanese name.)

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
I have a small question about chaining... Is it possible for the shiny patch to appear above Dawn's head? D: I've seen it like 9 times and it only appears to where I could see it. And also will it appear like behind a tree/fence/boulder...? nya~

Scrufox86

I have a small question about chaining... Is it possible for the shiny patch to appear above Dawn's head? D: I've seen it like 9 times and it only appears to where I could see it. And also will it appear like behind a tree/fence/boulder...? nya~

Firstly, quote. Yes a shiny patch can appear there. It is why you should always be careful when resetting to increase your chain to 40. Apparently (as i have only played as Dawn in one game and don't use that one for chaining) with Dawn it is possible to see the shiny patches above the character. So obviously if you see one go for it. Regarding the trees etc if you are careful enough you will not get into such a situation. Follow the guides on the pokeradar thread.

Secondly i have been successful in finally getting my shiny Nincada. Well i ended up with three as i mistepped and a budew broke the chain but oh well i got three of them.

Congratulations on all recently gained shinies and i wish everyone else luck on thier shiny hunts.

SniperHero915

I only got 2 shinies on my Hg, they are Goldeen (random encountered) and Gyrados. I had a shiny golbat on white but my ds ran out of power D:

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Not sure if I ever posted this so here's the video of my shiny dialga:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/v/VU9zALzRL_k[/video]

Luneth777

Shiny Hunter
About to 5000 soft resets for Rayquaza. I have been able to do about 1300 SR a day for the past few days since I haven't had work or school, but it should be too bad to keep up a good pace. I'm hoping it shines before B2W2 come out in a few days...good luck everyone!

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader

About an hour ago I found this shiny roselia its modest likes to thrash about, I probably won't check its IV's, may teach it some weird moves though

shinehunter

a Beyblading trainer
About five hours ago I was just praticing with pokeradar and I was watch TV and when I looked at the screen I had encouted an shiny Male brave Shinx on my uncle's Diamond file once my uncle is done with transfering his pokemon from his White to his Black 2. I'm gonna transfer it to my White 2 and train it, It iv's were: 19/19/21/9/5/20.

Myuu.

Just caught a shiny uxie today after three resets. That was more exciting than my average school holiday, honestly. ;)

whatsername21018

Pokemon Breeder
I am an Eevee fanatic. I am proud to say I have them all inc Eevee that I use on a reg basis. I tried MM for one, just one Shiny eevee with no luck at all. I must have done about 1500 eggs and not a single one. Very discouraging. And then I read about Eevee appearing in Mr. Backlot's garden. I SUCK at chaining. But I did it through lots of frustration. I got 5 shiny eevee's on the first night/chain before it broke. Then the next day i finally got my last 3. Although getting the last Eevee almost gave me a heart attack, I fainted two of them in the attempt to get it. They just didn't want to be caught. BUT i am now a proud owner of an all SHINY eeveelution team. YAY life is complete

Martinzqx

Just got through my second play through of SS and first of HG and am now soft resetting for shiny rayquaza!

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Finally!! After 4800ish resets, I got a shiny starter. A Cyndaquil! Cyndaquil was the one I wanted the least, but I'll definitely take it!! :D

breetel03

SRing HG hoping for shiny starter so far I've reset 256 times. (Since I started count. I probably had close to 2-3 thousand before that)

Shiny Count.jpg

Last edited:

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I am currently gunning for a shiny Johto starter. At 625 SRs, hoping for Cyndaquil.

Also at 4,360 REs on Route 203 for my Platinum BQ.

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
SHINY JOHTO STARTER after a total of 4,888 SRs, which is 14,664 Starters seen total (unless you count the 2 non shiny that came with the shiny which I certainly will not here). Man I am totally psyched about this shiny! It was no doubt the one I wanted the least but I finally get to start my BQ! Yay. So without further ado, it's male, it's sassy, and it's brownish.... it's Cyndaquil!

imag0053i.jpg

imag0054nl.jpg

Also here's the video:

http://youtu.be/L6TVr68-QcM

Still shaking a bit. But I think it's time to start my BQ, which I'm racing Charoshi in, who got a cyndaquil too. On to Mr. Pokemon's house, and eventually the Union Cave.

Btw do you guys think I should EV it, or not? I have a rash one also, that is still at level 5 so I'm not sure. Tell me what you think.

Good luck to everyone!

NomadSPG

4th Gen. Dragon '88
Hello Everybody!:)
Today is some symbolic data of the Earth, so i've awaited for it for my shiny hunts:D
As some of you know i'm that shiny hunter who likes specifics data of owned pokemons (that's my own higher target in this), so today, after i will get my dreamworld Arceus (yes, this one from voting, last year? still got it to do) i'm going to do some matsuda's eggs for shiny Absol to own him/her in Sinjoh Ruins.
I have more options to do.. there is Cresselia that still blocks my legit Darkrai in Platinum, so i can try with blue psychic beauty or gamecorner Abra.
The day of psychics (xD) drives me to Unova also, where shiny Gothita hides somewhere, but i decided to deal with 4th gen at last.
Wish me luck and god luck shiny hunters!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.