• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official 5th Gen Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

treespyro

Vintage much?
You kidding?
Tracey's basically a dead character, he has no reason to have him travel. He was really uninteresting in the first place. And why would one of Misty's sisters travel with him? They're basically just there to make Misty feel bad.
Gary's following Oak's footsteps in Kanto. He's busy doing stuff there, he can't be bothered to travel with Ash.
A 5th gen girl is possible, but I'd rather have a 5th Gen male, or both. That'd be cool.

Yeah Make it better

Tracey and Gary are doing scientific investigations in the 5th Gen Region with Daisy who is travelling, (Make one of Misty's Sisters useful) and A 5th Gen Girl who I explained before to even it out

The other is highy impossible but It would be cool if it could work out.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
They will rehash they same old thing... Ash leaves all his pokeon except Pikachu with Oak, meets up with a new contest girl and Brock, meets a new rival, team rocket's usual stunts, rinse and repeat.

crobatman

Well, they could just repeat what happened in Johto. Instead of ash leaving all his pokemon at Oak's lab, he could take them with him. Then, he can replace them as new members join the team.

I would love to see Brock leave. We need someone different. I wish Giovanni could get more action as the villain.

Maybe the 5th gen can have Team Rocket as the main bad guys again!

BlueDragonfangirl

I'd love to just have Jun replace Brock next generation.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I'd love to just have Jun replace Brock next generation.

Hmmm.... now there's an idea. Hadn't thought of that.

But I still like Brock, and I doubt they will get rid of him. I can't see Jun going all gaga over Nurse Joy. XD

Waterpokes

Brock can't go, since then Ash dies. Brock got all the food, so he can't leave.
But they might to it like a Double Gym battle, where two against two.
Jun can come and meat up with Ash.

BlueDragonfangirl

Well Brock can teach Ash how to cook LOL. The writers can be smart and do this, there just afraid to after the whole Orange Islands insadent. Ash could be the mature one of the group, still get annoyed with Jun of course and fight from time to time. It'd be fun. Jun not going gaga over Nurse Joy would be a plus, its a gag that got old really fast along time ago LOL.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Well Brock can teach Ash how to cook LOL. The writers can be smart and do this, there just afraid to after the whole Orange Islands insadent.

What incident? Brock was taken out b/c the writers were afraid of racial backlash, not because 90% of the fanbase hated Tracey so much. I say go for it and replace him, though.

As would any joke after 500 episodes of repeating it

Depends on the person. I find his quirks amusing time to time, and I never fail to laugh every time TR balst off, complete with the "Wobbafet!!"

DEMONCAMERUPT

;ord of pokebattles
Imagine if you will Ash taking reuniting with Pidgeot and taking the bird with Pikachu to the 5th gen region. however Pidgeot is only with Ash for 12-15 eps before being replaced/oak'd due to Ash getting 5th gen regional bird.

remember in that Johto ep were they meet up with suzie and there was a breeder comp. what about (if brock stays) doing a similar comp but brock has to compete in them sveral times and win a pendent/ribbon/badge each time before competing in a GF/league like tournament to win the right to study under a world famous pokemon breeder.

instead of getting rid of Dawn keep to do pokemon contests and have then fifth gen girl travel with our heroes learning about legendary pokemon. it means twice the eye candy too.

so what do you guys think?

thunderblade12

I'd be happy if Pidgeot, Butterfree, Lapras and Primeape would just return for certain battles like Charizard and Squirtle do. Beautifly returned to Aaron so its not impossible.

kemal07

i think dawn will stay with ash in 5 gen and brock will leave. i also thought that jun will take brocks place but then i thought maybe 5 gen games male player will be the new character? who knows.

and as for what had been said earlier , i believe primape will have an evolution in 5 gen which Ash might see or somethin.. who knows.

Waffles

WACKY DELLY YEAH
It'll nevar change, guise! Ash and Pikachu are a must, Brock always manages to come back, and the girl, being a girl, is easily replaced (sarcasm, I'm not a chauvinist pig). The anime is dead to me. Deeeeaaaaaad...T_T

Gliscor_111

You know what would be sort of funny?

Seeing James try out gym battles. I mean, Jessie gets contests, why shouldn't James get gym battles?
He at least needs to try ONE.

edit: NICE rank up!

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
^Maybe, but that does sound interesting. But what if James doesn't win the first few battles? He'll probably need to have a 3rd Pokemon, at the least.

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
As would any joke after 500 episodes of repeating it

At least the poison jabbing is a bit better than the ear pulling, sometimes croagunk can make me smile since there was just a wee bit more they could do with that gag.

Mismagius and the nightmare nurse joy croagunks anyone?

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I like it when Misty first started the tradition of stopping Brock for falling in love/flirting. :D

First her, (1998-2003)
then Max, (2003-2007)
currently Croagunk (2007-present)

milenadrg

I think Brock will leave Ash forever to be with his family or he would be with some girl who loves him, and Ash will join male protagonist of 5th generation (females are became boring) and some female character of course(as Brock's replacement). Maby if he starts to respect his Pokemon Paul will join them too, but I' don't really think that case with Paul would hapend...
Ash will meet new rival who will have some strong female 5th gen's grass type (starter) Pokemon. I like idea to Bayleef join Ash and later evolove into Meganium in battle with her.

Last edited:

CdrePrez

Evolution Trainer
Changes for me come 5th gen would be:

Ash goes to Sinnoh League and finds out Jun and Paul are there.

Ash's Monferno evolves into Infernape and he defeats Paul with him. (THE IRONY!!!)

Showdown!! Jun vs. Ash! Battle ends up being a tie (because Jun drops Paul's method of battling and uses his own.) Both Jun and Ash get a chance to battle Cynthia. (Epic battle between Infernape and Empoleon.

Ash arrives and realizes that Jun is the champion! Ash beats Jun. (another close battle) Note: Ash's Buizel evolves into Floatzel while battling Cynthia

Declines offer to stay in Sinnoh as champ. Later on, Paul returns and Jun defeats his idol, but Jun doesn't want to stay in Sinnoh and gives Paul the champ spot. (Must hurt Paul's feelings to not EARN it, lol.)

Paul stays as champ.

Dawn meets May, Dawn, Harley, Kenny, Zoey, Drew, Nando at Grand Festival. Beat's Kenny in match before Quarter finals. Beats Nando in quarter finals. Beat's Zoey in the semi-finals and has a rematch with May in the final......MAY WINS!

Brock decides to go back and opens a Breeding Center right by Pewter City. Ash, Jun and Dawn go to Sinnoh's Battle Frontier!!! Jun and Ash get their Frontier Badges, Jun also meets his father there and takes his place as Frontier Brain.

Dawn, then goes to Hoenn. (Much like when May went to Johto)

Then Ash goes to 5th Gen Region, and meets 5th Gen Girl AND Boy (Yeah, I said it, lol.) The END!

loonatic

Smart and sneaky
Sadly, most of you who have posted on here underestimate the imaginative potential of the show's writers and creators. In case you have not noticed, they have made it ten years and have kept the interest of countless fans.

Though they do not always introduce something revolutionary in each season, there are several new ideas introduced in every generation. For anyone to claim that the 5th generation will merely be a re-hash of the 4th generation that is very unfortunate.

The 3rd generation was not just a slightly improved season, it actually brought several new aspects of the Pokemon world to the table (i.e. the Battle Frontier). The same goes for the 4th generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.