• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
Okay then, no idea how to multi quote but thanks for the advice. I'll just stick with it as it is then, and wait for multiscale, which sounds amazing. For now he will be confined to the subway

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
Multiscale is a fantastic ability and a lot of the DW pokemon will alter the metagame

Dusk571

Dark Master
Zoroark

nobody answerd me so im posting upagain cuz i really want to know if theres anything i chould do other than a new nature

Anyone know any good Attack lits and items for Zoroark
Heres what i got so far

Zoroark nickname:Mi Ma (watch the movie)
Attacks: Night Burst, Flamethrower, Grass Knot, and final move is a WIP but im thinking nasty plot or arial ace (if i deside to breed ill get extrasensory maby even Uturn)
Nature: Gental(i know terrible im breeding later)
Item:BrightPowder/Life Orb/Choice Scarf

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Just found out that all the ev's for the first 15 levels of the game are attack,

Since BOTH of my starters in the games are special base, they got screwed over.

My Serperior is Timid and STILL has an attack higher than it's special. He's got 255 attack EV's because of the time I spent grind leveling at the beggining.
Yep, noticed this while doing ev training while completing the game. The pokemon I caught for cut took the attack evs the other pokemon I didn't want to have and now has an atk boost and has kinda become a pokemon on my team.

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
nobody answerd me so im posting upagain cuz i really want to know if theres anything i chould do other than a new nature

Anyone know any good Attack lits and items for Zoroark
Heres what i got so far

Zoroark nickname:Mi Ma (watch the movie)
Attacks: Night Burst, Flamethrower, Grass Knot, and final move is a WIP but im thinking nasty plot or arial ace (if i deside to breed ill get extrasensory maby even Uturn)
Nature: Gental(i know terrible im breeding later)
Item:BrightPowder/Life Orb/Choice Scarf

Taunt is good for breaking walls in competitive battling so they have to attack you. Zoroark is a Sp. Atk heavy pokemon so I would honestly reccomend either a timid or modest nature since both cut attack, which is unneccesary. As far as the held item goes, I don't know but I use a dark pulse instead of night burst. All EVs should go to attack and speed with the remaining 4 in HP

lol, at least the Bagon is put to good use :p

on the note of Hydreigon, just EV trained that with 252 Special Atk, 252 Speed and 4 HP with Dark Pulse egg move. IVs: 24/18/4/22/24/24

Move Set: Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse

Not sure what other 2 moves to use.

PandaGuns

Hi, I joined just to ask this question: Is there a good FAQ for EV/IV training and the whole natures thing? Been playing since Red and I wanna get competitive, I just have no idea how. Google is useless too, lol.

richi3f

Bug Catcher
Not sure what other 2 moves to use.

I'd use Flamethrower and Surf. My Hidreigon's moveset is Flamethrower, Surf, Dragon Pulse and Draco Meteor.

Hi, I joined just to ask this question: Is there a good FAQ for EV/IV training and the whole natures thing? Been playing since Red and I wanna get competitive, I just have no idea how. Google is useless too, lol.

I really like this one at Smogon: 5th Gen EV Manual.

You can also use Serebii's: here and here.

Last edited:

CyberTaco

Master Of Zoroark
HP
Maggyo | 15-35 | Route 8 / Sekka City (Surf) | 2

Attack
Minezumi / Yooteril | 2-4 | Route 1 | 1
Mebukijika / Hatoopo / Kurimgan / Kojofuu | 34-37 | Dragon Spiral Tower - Outside (Double Grass) | 2 / 2 / 2 / 1
*NOTE: Only has a 60% chance of encounter in the Winter*

Defense
Sandslash / Desukan / Onix | 47-50 | Ancient Castle - B4F | 2 / 2 / 1
*NOTE: Only has a 65% chance of encounter*
Kurumiru / Fushide | 14-17 | Yagaruma Forest | 1 / 1
*NOTE: Only has a 50% chance of encounter*

Special Attack
Hitomoshi | 26-29 | Tower of Heaven - 1F | 1

Special Defense
Pururiru | 5-15 | Route 4 / 17 / 18 (Surf) | 1

Speed
Basurao | 5-15 | Route 1 / 3 / 6 (Surf) | 2

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82382

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
Daryl, use U-Turn to scout pokemon and then use flamethrower and our hydreigons can be twins. ;) assuming yours is timid as well

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
Use 2 flawless pokemon and you're guranteed to get 3 random 31's :D just use a flawless ditto and the strongest IV pokemon of the species you have coupled with everstones and power items.

magikot

Run around with 6 level 100 lillipups gathering up rare candies every 5 minutes until I have 99. Then when an egg hatches I save, feed it rare candies to level 100, then come here to serebii and enter his stats in the IV calculator. If it's good, soft reset and EV train or breed it to pass on IVs, otherwise soft reset and release.

Currently IV breeding and then going to EV train the following:

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Bold - Overcoat
~Nasty Plot
~Air Slash
~Dark Pulse
~Roost
IV: 31/x/x/31/31/31
EV: 220 HP/252 Def/36 SpA

A bulky sweeper and physical wall all in one for a hail team. The coverage of Dark and Flying is crap, but with some Nasty Plots it's not too bad. 220 HP EVs gives exactly 26 health from leftovers allowing me to put more into her abysmal special attack. 339 Def is pretty solid as well.

She seems really interesting on paper.

Edit: All in all - should take about 2 weeks to breed and train her to 100.

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
I'm real interested in a scrafty set I have been looking at.

Rest
Bulk Up
Revenge
Drain Punch

shed skin

Just bulk up x3 to make wall and rest and wake up in 1 turn. then do max attack and sweep. dont know the EV or nature though. =/

PandaGuns

How did you guys do your IV checks? I heard its harder in 5th gen can you guys pass down your methods? :D

I'm using this but it's asking for a bunch of stuff I'm clueless about, like Hidden Power, Overall Potential, and Best Stats. These don't seem to be listed any where.

magikot

Those are optional that just make it easier to figure out faster.

All you NEED are Pokemon, Nature, Level, Stats, and EVs and it can calculate the IVs for you (within a range if you aren't level 100 or don't provide the optional stuff)

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
^ I use the same calculator but I also use the IV Judge at the Battle Subway. Usually I don't use Pokémon with less than 3 perfect IVs and an outstanding average.

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
I love me some Victini Xaby. :)

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
^ I use the same calculator but I also use the IV Judge at the Battle Subway. Usually I don't use Pokémon with less than 3 perfect IVs and an outstanding average.
Where's the Judge? Btw, I haven't beaten the main story yet.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
You'll need to finish the main story first. After that he'll be in the round hallway/hub of the Battle Subway.

Status
Not open for further replies.