• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
No wonder can't find him. Ah well.

palapala

Since red & blue
Hey sorry if this topic has been covered already but I can't seem to find it. Is there a new item, such as the berries in Emerald, that take away EV's? Thanks

Mauville

Mauville City
Anyone know a good method to grind Pokemon to level 100?

Right now I know of the Audino method, and it's been working really well for me up to level 70, then I'm able to challenge the E4. Now my question is, do I keep battling the E4 to level 100, or is there another place I can train for better/faster exp?

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
^Nimbasa Stadium and Court, The Riches in Undella Town and the trainers in the Royal Unova will provide a lot of EXP and credits. Aside from that, yes, the Elite 4 is your best bet, although I prefer wild battles for Pickup. And turn off the battle animation settings in your options, it will speed the process up by around 40 to 50%.

Rakurai

Having the Entralink power-up that increases EXP is immensely useful for leveling Pokemon, moreso when coupled with Lucky Egg or a traded Pokemon, due to the fact that the bonuses stack multiplicatively, not additively.

Last edited:

Evandamonster

Poke Philosopher
Just started training my revenge killing Scizor with pkrs and a power bracer on Basculin for 8 attack and 4 speed EVs per fight. Should be done pretty quick.

Is the Audino method really worth the trouble? I don't know about you guys but I can end up going quite some time without any rustling grass.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Hey, IV breeding question: If the two parents are flawless, will the offspring be, as well?

Nope, only 3 Parent IVs are ever passed, including Power [Item] manipulated ones. The rest of the 3 IVs are all up to chance.

Legendary Dreams

I'm looking for some opinions, suggestions.

My Zekrom has the following IVs.

HP - 14
Attack -30
Defense - 23/24 (Can't tell)
Special Attack - 28
Special Defense - 14
Speed - 26

Nature: Lonely (+Atk, -Def)

What would be a good EV spread for Zekrom?

Throhlurk

Extremespeeder
How do you check ivs? I've heard it's really complicated

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
I'm looking for some opinions, suggestions.

My Zekrom has the following IVs.

HP - 14
Attack -30
Defense - 23/24 (Can't tell)
Special Attack - 28
Special Defense - 14
Speed - 26

Nature: Lonely (+Atk, -Def)

What would be a good EV spread for Zekrom?

All power and speed but if you can maybe get an adamant Zekrom to keep his defense intact. :)

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
How do you check ivs? I've heard it's really complicated

Well, there are alot of ways to do that,

I believe that here on Serebii there is a IV checker, you have to put details of your pokemon in it, and it will show you the IV.

The other way is rather simpeler (In my opinion)
There is a dude in the Gear station in Nimbasa city, that tells you in his words what your pokemon's IV is in overalls.

The best you can get is

Outstanding overall (But its very rare)

Good luck!

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Any level is fine as long as it hasn't hit the 510 EV limit.

PandaGuns

Quick question: If I use the IV calculator at Level 1 and there is no 31 in the little list on the right hand side, should I just give up on that Pokemon? Or is there a chance the calculations could be wrong and it can indeed go to 31?

I'm thinking maybe I should just check everything at the IV dude in Gear Station and get rid of any with a "Can't Be Better" stat. Thoughts?

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
As far as checking IVs the guy in the Subway is good for that but he only tells flawless stats.

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Anyone know the best places to train in each stat? I've only found two really good locations.

Sp Atk - tower with the candle dudes
Spd - Surfing anywhere you only encounter Basculin.

Not sure about other stats.

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
Attack: Route 1 with Patrat and Lilipup
Defense: Pinwheel forest Sewaddle and the venipede

Mauville

Mauville City
For atk I like to train at route 17 where there are Herdiers and Watchhogs.

HP I like to fight Audinos, or if you haven't caught Vicintiy or whatever it's called, you can keep battling it, and I believe it won't leave until you've captured it.

As for def, and sp.def, I'm not sure yet as I haven't EV trained in those areas yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.