• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naluc

so the experience share transfers all EVs, right?

ShadenRose

Elite Trainer Shadra
Yes, all EVs are given to any pokemon that gains EXP. So if you are trying to raise a little pokemon with low levels, but still want to give it EVs you can.

Enemy = Audino

Pokemon you used = Lvl 100 Haxorus

Pokemon with EXP Share = Timburr

EVs given = 2Evs in HP to Haxorus and 2EVs in HP to Timburr

EQWashu

Master Pokéwitch
Best Nature for Espeon!

Hey guys!

I'm curious about something and would love an answer to it :) What do you recommend I have my DW Espeon's nature be that would balance out its natural weaker stats? Any recommendations would be great! thanks :D and have a great weekend!

-EQ, anxiously awaiting her DW Espeon!

ShadenRose

Elite Trainer Shadra
Espeon's HP and Physical Defenses are rather low. Because of this a good physical striker is sort of end game. However, if I were you, I would go with either a modest Nature or a Timid one.

Modest nature means its going to hit a whole lot harder with its Special Attacks.

Timid Nature means its going to be faster.

Now with this in mind, if that Espeon's IVs are low, the boosts might not matter. However, if they are good, then that Espeon should be good.

I would EV train it in Speed and Special attack, maxing out both. It has good Special Defense so you shouldn't be hurting there.

Anyway, good luck and hopefully you get the right nature you want.

Im training ferrothorn in Defence and special defence

Aquarelle

Staff member
I need a little help with something... I've EV trained my Timbur in Attack and want to EV train him in HP too. The only problem is that he's only level 15 and can't consistently take down Stunfisk. What should I do???

You could send it out first, then immediately switch out to a stronger Pokemon. This way, you will still get the EVs, and you can have Timbur hold a Power Item (I think HP is Power Weight) so that he gains more EVs from each battle, which is something you couldn't do if he holds the Exp. Share.

Grandta

Shiny Hunter.
Hello all.

I wanna EV/IV train a Bagon and i need to know something.

So i need to get my Bagon to learn the moves "Fire Fang" and "Dragon Dance" but you can noly get them from breeding, so here's my question.

How do i go about doing this? Must i put a Bagon + a Pokemon in the same egg group with both them moves and breed and hope for the best?

PokemonOwn

Hello all.

So i need to get my Bagon to learn the moves "Fire Fang" and "Dragon Dance" but you can noly get them from breeding, so here's my question.

How do i go about doing this? Must i put a Bagon + a Pokemon in the same egg group with both them moves and breed and hope for the best?

Yes, but the Bagon must be female.

Anyway, EVing Mienfoo in Speed for the VGC.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I have a couple questions about EV's:

1. Once you get the max number of EV's, can you battle any pokemon in-game without your EV's being affected?

2. If you send out the Pokemon you're training first, then switch to a stronger pokemon, do both Pokemon get the EV's, or just the pokemon that came out first?

Larry

I have a couple questions about EV's:

1. Once you get the max number of EV's, can you battle any pokemon in-game without your EV's being affected?

2. If you send out the Pokemon you're training first, then switch to a stronger pokemon, do both Pokemon get the EV's, or just the pokemon that came out first?

1. Yes

2. Both pokemon get the EVs.

Grandta

Shiny Hunter.
Hello all.

Follow up question: Is it possible to get a Bagon to learn both them moves, i have tryed it, but only the males can pass on moves. Can't use a Smeargle :'(.

PokemonOwn

Follow up question: Is it possible to get a Bagon to learn both them moves, i have tryed it, but only the males can pass on moves. Can't use a Smeargle :'(.

I just checked Bulbapedia and it says that Bagon can't learn both moves while breeding. Since you could only keep one of them, I will say that Slamence needs Dragon Dance. Sorry, and hope this helped! :p

rykerr1

The Great Gublet

Salamence gets Fire Fang as a Level up move. So breed a male Dragonite/Gyarados/Haxorus that knows Dragon Dance with a female bagon. Then evolve it to Salamence, go to the tutor for moves that you can get during level up (forget where it is) and teach fire fang.

There are no Pokemon that can breed with salamence that get Fire Fang and DD from level up, so the above plan is probably the easiest way to get both moves.

Aenea

Creator Of Victory
Quick question which should be true:

There's nothing stopping anyone from giving pokemon 5 exp's shares and training them all that way, right? As they all still get the EV the main pokemon gets, so eg if you are fighting a basculin then the 5 pokemon with exp shares shold get 2 speed ev's each.

Thanks ^^

PokemonOwn

Also SHINY Bagon from egg (^_^)

0_o, Could you post a picture XD

Quick question which should be true:

There's nothing stopping anyone from giving pokemon 5 exp's shares and training them all that way, right? As they all still get the EV the main pokemon gets, so eg if you are fighting a basculin then the 5 pokemon with exp shares shold get 2 speed ev's each.

Thanks ^^

Yes, it's true. That'll work.

Aenea

Creator Of Victory
Seems like there are still some things idk about ev's... I thought the max number of carbos etc you could use on a pokemon was 10, but apparently it seems like you can't use these items AFTER your pokemon has 100 ev's or more of that stat. Is this right? Asking because I just ev trained the pokemon via battling first then tried to use the items >.< ... Oops?

Thanks ^^

Grandta

Shiny Hunter.
Ok i am about to start training my Bagon, have my 10Proteins and 10Carbos, a pokemon in my pc with pokerus.

But before i infect him, "Route 1 - Patrat (+1) / Lillipup (+1) " is +1 the highest you can only get in attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.