• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

master of murkrow

Shiny Hunter
On a lot of other threads there are questions about EV/IV training and other stuff like the wing's on the bridges in pokemon B/W. Well here can you discuss all this stuff. Just talk about your experience and what you are training right now. And of course all the Serebiiforums rules apply here as well.

Hope you have a great time discussing!

DarumakkaImposter

well.. im training Emboar and Chandelure in sp. attack and Defense and im training gigalith in attack, defense, speed, sp.attack and defense

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
I'm training my Salamence in attack and speed. ;) With the moveset Dragon Dance Outrage Flamethrower and Erathquake.

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
What's his other move Darumakka? :O

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
Ah mines jolly for cometitive battling purposes and I replaced my crunch with earthquake for better coverage in the team. :)

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
crunch. hes adamant so he has some goos IVs in attack. hes also mischeivos
I know it's starting to get OP but why Crunch? Salamence with no STAB?

And just to note, natures doesn't mean it has good IVs for that stat. It could have a +ATK nature but it's ATK IVs could still be crap.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Kinda annoyed. I tryed making an ev training thread days ago, and it wasn't put through. If it wasn't up to par, they could have helped me make it better. But it wasn't much different then how this intro post is. Eh, just another thing that makes me not like this forum.

Anyway, I've been ev training while going through the main game. I kinda stopped progessing the story after I got access to the Driftveil Drawbridge. Want to focus the evs and max them up so I can use the pokemon I've been training. So far one is very well ev trained imo. I made sure I watched what evs it got. Others have some stray evs, but hopefully can still focus the rest they can get.

DarumakkaImposter

I know it's starting to get OP but why Crunch? Salamence with no STAB?

And just to note, natures doesn't mean it has good IVs for that stat. It could have a +ATK nature but it's ATK IVs could still be crap.

meh...the ones ive gotten have got some good ivs

Low Lines

Intermediate Trainer
Hi guys,
I recently written up an EV Trainer written in PHP (for the Web), but so far the only feedback I've gotten has been from my little sister who's tried using it with her game.

Here's the link if anyone's interested in trialing it...
http://llref.emutalk.net/projects/pokemonev/
Just click on "Demo Version" and it will take you to the EV Trainer App.

Basically its meant to take away all the thinking involved with EV Training, ie you don't have to calculate how many points you get from a battle, etc.

One thing my sister pointed out to me however, is if you add one too many points (and you haven't hit "apply" recently) its a bit tricky to take back those points. I'm going to add a fix for that in the next version however I would like a bit more feedback first.

Another idea I had was to include a search filter for selecting your opponent so like you could specify by name or what stats they give points for in case you don't know already. But again it's more something I'll probably include in a future version after I get a bit of feedback...

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
And why is the max evs a pokemon can get 510 when only 508 would be the most you could get added points to stats with?

Low Lines

Intermediate Trainer
And why is the max evs a pokemon can get 510 when only 508 would be the most you could get added points to stats with?

They're still points (as far as I understand) that get counted towards your total, it's just they won't make up a whole stat point. I wrote it based on how serebii.net explains it.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
It gives you a 2 point leeway in case you make a mistake on your count. At least that's why I'm thankful for that fact.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Huh? It takes four ev points as I understand it to even add a point to the stat.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Huh? It takes four ev points as I understand it to even add a point to the stat.
I mean, for example, you missed count and fought 253 Lillipups for ATK EVs, it's not the end of the world for your EV build yet, unlike if the EV limit is 508.

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
You can also decrease your pokes to UT status using berries if you messed up. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.