• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonOwn

I just used my shiny Vaporeon for the first time yesterday, and it is so good. 100& my new favourite pokemon.

Mine has the moveset of Scald, Toxic, Wish and Protect, which works excellently. Toxic most pokemon off the bat (unless scald suits the situation better), then protect stall and wishprotect whenever your HP is getting low. Works to perfection, as long as you don't accidently burn a Conkeldurr with guts like I did on the Subway yesterday xD That did not end well.

I can't get Wish because it was from the 2010 VGC as a Shiny Eevee. I'm thinking of:

Scald/Surf
Ice Beam
Protect
Toxic.

It'll be a good StallEon, but personally, I'd like it to be an AttackEon. :p

Rank up!

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
I can't get Wish because it was from the 2010 VGC as a Shiny Eevee. I'm thinking of:

Scald/Surf
Ice Beam
Protect
Toxic.

It'll be a good StallEon, but personally, I'd like it to be an AttackEon. :p

Rank up!

I'd say Ice Beam is definitely the best replacement then, battles do get a bit tedious as time goes on with only Scald as an attacking move. If you want it to be an attacker, go for Surf then as the burn ratio is pretty low for Scald anyway, or at least in my experience :p it is good for Steels, but they can't do much to Vaporeon generally anyway

ShadenRose

Elite Trainer Shadra
Hey all, I am waiting in the wings for my Flareon from the Dream World, but I am a bit lost on exactly how to train it. I am hoping I get a female so I breed it the way I need. However, if I don't I want to aim for an Hasty or Lonely, possibly a Mild Flareon. So with that being said, can anyone suggest a suitable moveset? I will post what I am thinking, but I will gladly accept other opinions.

Lonely, Mild, Or Hasty

Moves

Overheat/Fire Blast
Dig/Retaliate/Protect
Facade/Return/Giga Impact
Flame Charge/Retaliate/Last Resort

EVs

252 Speed
100 Attack
156 Special Attack

Item

Life Orb, Toxic Orb, or Stat Raising Berry

Casty

If you're going for an offensive Flareon, this set is probably a way to go:

Flareon @ Toxic Orb
Lonely or Adamant nature (Lonely if you're running Overheat, Adamant if Fire Fang)
EVs: 230 atk / 26 sp.atk / 252 speed

~ Flame Charge
~ Facade
~ Overheat / Fire Fang
~ Bite / Quick Attack

Flame Charge on turn 1. Toxic Orb activates, and now you're at +1 Atk / +1 Speed. Kinda like a pseudo-Dragon Dance. Superpower would be great, but it's not compatibile with Guts :(

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I'm training my Litwick with a Power Anklet to better my speed stat. But some levels it only adds 1 point and other levels it adds 0 points. Isn't it supposed to add at least 2 or 3 points? What am I doing wrong?

Ultimate Glalie

I'm training my Litwick with a Power Anklet to better my speed stat. But some levels it only adds 1 point and other levels it adds 0 points. Isn't it supposed to add at least 2 or 3 points? What am I doing wrong?
Stats are recalculated after the battle, not when the Pokemon levels up, and the number of extra points your Pokemon can gain in a stat depends on the level it's at. The lower level the Pokemon is, the fewer extra points will be added at that level.

*IZ*

I got my shiny Volcarona! I already Trained it to get 252 in speed and im going to get 252 in special attack. what moves should it learn?

Aenea

Creator Of Victory
I got my shiny Volcarona! I already Trained it to get 252 in speed and im going to get 252 in special attack. what moves should it learn?

My EV trained Volcarona has Hurricane, Bug Buzz, Heat Wave and Quiver Dance.

I think that's quite a good moveset if you want it to be for offense.

*IZ*

My EV trained Volcarona has Hurricane, Bug Buzz, Heat Wave and Quiver Dance.

I think that's quite a good moveset if you want it to be for offense.

I was thinking this but wouldn't Fiery Dance be better then Heat Wave since it has 100% Accuracy?

Aenea

Creator Of Victory
I was thinking this but wouldn't Fiery Dance be better then Heat Wave since it has 100% Accuracy?

I guess it's debateable. I chose Heat Wave instead as it does 20 more damage and has a 10% chance of burning the target for only 10% less accuracy. It's up to you, though.

*IZ*

I guess it's debateable. I chose Heat Wave instead as it does 20 more damage and has a 10% chance of burning the target for only 10% less accuracy. It's up to you, though.

Thanks! I really appreciate it. :) I'm more of a accuracy person cuz when my pokemon miss I feel like throwing my DS to the wall. lol

Plus it's a nice round binary number.
Edit: Sorry guess the so-called Reply button didn't work.
And why is the max evs a pokemon can get 510 when only 508 would be the most you could get added points to stats with?

Last edited:

pik1217

I just recently hatched a mienfoo with max IVs in Attack and Speed. I know its maxed because i had it checked at the IV guy. So then i ev trained it and ended up with max speed but 12 points away from max attack. I never killed anything other than lillipups and patrats when i was ev training attack so what did i do wrong?

Stardust .

Not to mention the fact Fiery Dance has a chance of raising Sp.atk? anyway, using Quiver Dance is often enough to take out heaps.

EV training my Larvesta soon :)

free2be_any1

Jw, if someone could help me out with an EV spread for Leafeon.....haven't ever used one so I'm not sure of any of its moves either but I want one on my team lol..sorry if its been asked before (btw super proud of myself for having EV trained two pokemon so far lol) thankssss

Panbobo

MASUTA BOORU
Hi!, I've already trained both a Speed Boost Adamant Blaziken and a Garchomp in ATK and SPE, and i wanna ask for moveset suggestions =), and also, do you think Dual Chop is useful?

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
I have a question.I just had finished the first half of ev training my horsea with pokerus when I accidently fainted a audino.does that mean I have to start all over again?

Aenea

Creator Of Victory
I have a question.I just had finished the first half of ev training my horsea with pokerus when I accidently fainted a audino.does that mean I have to start all over again?

No. You have 6 ev's spare after you have given your pokemon the max number of ev's it can have in one stat, which is 252. If you give your pokemon 6 hp increasing ev's (which audino gives though I can't remember offhand what amount of ev it gives) then your pokemon will have increased HP by 1 point aswell as all the other stats you wanted.

If you weren't aiming for maxing out 2 of your stats then this might be different, but if you are you are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.