• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
No. You have 6 ev's spare after you have given your pokemon the max number of ev's it can have in one stat, which is 252. If you give your pokemon 6 hp increasing ev's (which audino gives though I can't remember offhand what amount of ev it gives) then your pokemon will have increased HP by 1 point aswell as all the other stats you wanted.

If you weren't aiming for maxing out 2 of your stats then this might be different, but if you are you are fine.

ok thank-you very much.so my horsea is fine.

jolteon135

I have a question.I just had finished the first half of ev training my horsea with pokerus when I accidently fainted a audino.does that mean I have to start all over again?
Lol, that's happened to me before too. It depends. Audino gives 2 HP EVs. With Pokerus that's 4. If that's all then it doesn't matter. You still have 506 EVs to work with (enough to max 2 stats). If you had the macho brace or power item attached then the Audino gave more then 4 EVs. In that case one of your stats can't be maxed and you might want to redo it (assuming you wanted 2 stats max).

Aenea

Creator Of Victory
Lol, that's happened to me before too. It depends. Audino gives 2 HP EVs. With Pokerus that's 4. If that's all then it doesn't matter. You still have 506 EVs to work with (enough to max 2 stats). If you had the macho brace or power item attached then the Audino gave more then 4 EVs. In that case one of your stats can't be maxed and you might want to redo it (assuming you wanted 2 stats max).

I forgot to take into account an item :(

I hope you didn't have macho brace equipped.

*slaps self*

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness

nope I dont have a macho brace or any power items so I just use pokerus horsea was my third ev trained pokemon.seeing as I didn't have any items but exp share on it.so I don't have to start over?

Aenea

Creator Of Victory
nope I dont have a macho brace or any power items so I just use pokerus horsea was my third ev trained pokemon.seeing as I didn't have any items but exp share on it.so I don't have to start over?

Thank God. No, you don't :D

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
Thank God. No, you don't :D

Thank-you and you to jolteon.that helped me out.I am glad I don't have to start over.now I can work on my next pokemon tomorrow.

ShadenRose

Elite Trainer Shadra
Alright, so I just got a Tangela through the DreamWorld. I am fairly happy with it. It has a brave nature, which while not great because it lowers speed, its attack has a nice bump and it does have 31 IVs in the ATK stat. Anyway, here is the setup I am looking to make, give me opinions or even possible alternatives.

Tangrowth
Nature: Brave
Moves:
Power Whip
Sleep Powder
Earthquake
Swords Dance

EVs: 252 ATK, 252 HP, 6 DEF

ShadenRose

Elite Trainer Shadra
The Tangrowth I mentioned before is now finished with his intense EV training, and thus the next one steps up. So cue, Lickilicky. Here is my thoughts, feel free to give me your thoughts.

Lickilicky

Nature: Jolly

Moves:

Swords Dance
Power Whip
Return
Explosion

EVs: 252 ATK, 252 SPEED, 6 HP

Yeah I know its a common run version of Lickilicky, but its one I like a lot. I wish I could get a Curse Lickitung in which I would run a totally different set. But I have to take what I get. So beware the power of my SWORD TONGUE LICKILICKY!!!!!!!!

*IZ*

This is how I EV train.
I give the pokemon 10 medicines give the pokemon the item and fight the pokemon that gives 1 ev. I look at the stats ever 5 kill and I keep doing it until the stats stop raising up. Would this still be giving my pokemon 252 EVs?

Aenea

Creator Of Victory
This is how I EV train.
I give the pokemon 10 medicines give the pokemon the item and fight the pokemon that gives 1 ev. I look at the stats ever 5 kill and I keep doing it until the stats stop raising up. Would this still be giving my pokemon 252 EVs?

No. Stat increases are calculated after each battle, but you still need to level up to 100 to get all of the increases.

Also, you might overtrain your pokemon to have 255 EV's in a stat instead of 252 which wastes EV points you could put into another stat.

*IZ*

No. Stat increases are calculated after each battle, but you still need to level up to 100 to get all of the increases.

Also, you might overtrain your pokemon to have 255 EV's in a stat instead of 252 which wastes EV points you could put into another stat.

I know that already. Its not like I'm gunna be wasting my time looking at its stats every 1 kill. And yea I just lose track thats why I dont keep track. And I didn't know about having 255 EV thing so thank you for that.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
This is how I EV train.

You can't judge your EV input by looking at a Pokemon's in-game stats.

If you give your Pokemon 10 vitamins in the respective stat, and then battle exactly 152 wild Pokemon that give 1 EV (again, in that respective stat) then you will have exactly 252 EVs in one stat. Keep in mind that items such as the Macho Brace or Power Items make this process quicker; Pokerus also helps.

Because the game doesn't add your stat gain all at once after one level gain you cannot base your EVs off of them. The game distributes the 63 points you gain (if you've maxed out a stats EVs) while it's leveling up.

I know that already. Its not like I'm gunna be wasting my time looking at its stats every 1 kill. And yea I just lose track thats why I dont keep track. And I didn't know about having 255 EV thing so thank you for that.

If you don't plan on keeping track of your EVs then I feel the Pokemon is a lost cause. This is true especially when you want to EV train a Pokemon that requires a larger EV spread, instead of just dishing all of its EVs into two stats.

Believe me. Taking the time to actually keep track of your spread is worth your while.

Last edited:

Ipodcheese

Shiny Hunter
Hey i've got a sassy boldore here and ive got the items and Pokerus can anyone tell me step by step how to ev train him in Sp Def and Defence?

Last edited:

Ipodcheese

Shiny Hunter

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!

Zuzu14

buttd
I'm new to EV/IV training and for my first Pokemon I planned on training a Charizard. So I have turned here for some help. Hopefully this is the right place to get my questions answered.

I'm working with a flawless Charmander and I have a Deino that knows the move Dragon Pulse which I planned on passing down to a newly hatched Charmander.

Basically my ultimate goal is to get a Charmander with at least 31 IV in SPtk and 31 IV in Spd. And have the egg move Dragon Pulse.

Unfortunately I don't even know where to begin to get this ideal Charmander. Can some detail the steps I need to take in order to achieve this goal! Thanks in advance.

So as long as your Deino is the male one, Dragon Pulse will be passed down. Passing down the IV's is the tricky part. To nearly make sure that you'll get an off-spring with a certain IV, give it a Power Item, and depending on what it raises (Like Power Anklet raises Speed EV's, so it would pass down the Speed IV) it will give you the certain IV. But you'll need to breed a bunch of them since you'll be relying on chance to get the Sp.Atk IV passed down.

MidnightMag

Burning Star
I have a question concerning EVs. So here goes: I transfered from my HG 3 EVed trained pokemon (none of them were lvl 100 yet), so my question is: Trough the generation shift, the method of EV calculation changed, so does that mean the EV they gained aren't good anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.