• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Alright so imma EV train my pokemon. It has pokerus . I want to EV train it 252 in attack and 126 in hp and 126 in speed. How much and which kind of pokemon should I kill for it to gain this? Do i still give it the medicines?
First you'd use 10 Protein, 10 HP ups and 10 Carbos then assuming that you do have the Power items you'd fight 15 Lillipups/Patrats/Mienfoo/Golett (1 Atk EV) with the Power Bracer on and then fight one more of them with it off (alternatively you could use the appropriate wing to get those last 2 Atk EV points)

Then for HP you'd either run around for Audinos or Stunfisk (2 HP EVs) and fight 2 Audino/Stunfisk with the Power Weight on and then one more without it.

Finally for Speed you'd Surf for Basculin and fight 2 with the Power Anklet on and then one with it off

That should finish off with 252 Atk, 128 HP and Speed.

*IZ*

First you'd use 10 Protein, 10 HP ups and 10 Carbos then assuming that you do have the Power items you'd fight 15 Lillipups/Patrats/Mienfoo/Golett (1 Atk EV) with the Power Bracer on and then fight one more of them with it off (alternatively you could use the appropriate wing to get those last 2 Atk EV points)

Then for HP you'd either run around for Audinos or Stunfisk (2 HP EVs) and fight 2 Audino/Stunfisk with the Power Weight on and then one more without it.

Finally for Speed you'd Surf for Basculin and fight 2 with the Power Anklet on and then one with it off

That should finish off with 252 Atk, 128 HP and Speed.
Yes I do have the power items. All pokerus does is make EV training faster right?

Penguinsftw

Hey guys i kinda lost track of my speed ev's on my darumaka and i brought back some speed reducing berries from the dream world, just wondered how many berries does it take to wipe the ev's and start again? ? ?

Depends on how many speed ev's it already has..
Just keep using them once it tells you
"Its friend ship increased! Its base speed cant go any lower..." this means the speed Ev's are cleaned
Or "This item will have no effect" That means its max friendship and its EV's on speed are clean

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
Depends on how many speed ev's it already has..
Just keep using them once it tells you
"Its friend ship increased! Its base speed cant go any lower..." this means the speed Ev's are cleaned
Or "This item will have no effect" That means its max friendship and its EV's on speed are clean

to totally wipe it from over 100 EVs to zero will take you no more than 11 berries. if you have 110 or more EVs, the first berry will drop it to 100 (even if its 255)

Ultimate Glalie

to totally wipe it from over 100 EVs to zero will take you no more than 11 berries. if you have 110 or more EVs, the first berry will drop it to 100 (even if its 255)
It doesn't work that way anymore in Gen V. Even if the stat has more than 100 EVs in it, the EV-reducing berries will only remove 10 EVs.

xZHakeemZx

Hi im new to the forum and just wanted to ask 1 question. When you ev train and you have in mind how many ev points you want to give to a pokem e.g
i want my gengar to get 4hp/252 SAtk/252Spd that will be an increse of 1/63/63 . What do i base this increase of stats to, how will i know when i've reached the 252 ev's ?

Ultimate Glalie

Hi im new to the forum and just wanted to ask 1 question. When you ev train and you have in mind how many ev points you want to give to a pokem e.g
i want my gengar to get 4hp/252 SAtk/252Spd that will be an increse of 1/63/63 . What do i base this increase of stats to, how will i know when i've reached the 252 ev's ?
You'll need to count the number of EVs you earn from each battle.

Ultimate Glalie

My gengar is already level 25 though so if i make a gastly egg then just just count the ev's would that be the best way of doing it.
Yes, that would be the best way.

and is Base stats of the pokemon what you add the ev's too. Thanks
You don't need to add the EVs to anything, but the extra points gained from the EVs are added to the Pokemon's actual stats.

jett63

hello this is my frist time posting anything. I jus started ev training and i lost count of how many liepards i beat. is it correct to assume that if my pokemon wont eat a carbo that its done with the speed ev?

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
hello this is my frist time posting anything. I jus started ev training and i lost count of how many liepards i beat. is it correct to assume that if my pokemon wont eat a carbo that its done with the speed ev?
No, just that the Speed EV is at least over 100

Casty

Need an effective bulky EV Spread for this bad boy. I'm pretty bad when it comes to making defensive spreads, so yeah...

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly - Justified
31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 31
~ Swords Dance
~ Taunt
~ Sacred Sword / Close Combat
~ Stone Edge

Aenea

Creator Of Victory
Yes I do have the power items. All pokerus does is make EV training faster right?

Yes, it doubles EV values every time you train.

professoroak

Professional Slacker
Yeah, but I thought all of the EVs were given straight after a battle?

EVs are obtained immediately after the opponent Pokemon dies. The stat is not guaranteed to be affected until it is lvl. 100.

OT Silver

Psychic♂ Silver
I'm thinking about getting into EV training now that I completely filled my Unova Pokedex, but I have a few questions I need answered before I start. I read that Pokerus doubles EV points earned in battle, does this apply to vitamins as well? Would using 10 Calcium with Pokerus bring Sp. Attack up by 50 stat points (200 / 4)? Also, does the Pokemon have to battle to receive the EV points, or can I train them via EXP Share? Thanks in advanced, and I may have other questions down the line.

professoroak

Professional Slacker
I'm thinking about getting into EV training now that I completely filled my Unova Pokedex, but I have a few questions I need answered before I start. I read that Pokerus doubles EV points earned in battle, does this apply to vitamins as well? Would using 10 Calcium with Pokerus bring Sp. Attack up by 50 stat points (200 / 4)? Also, does the Pokemon have to battle to receive the EV points, or can I train them via EXP Share? Thanks in advanced, and I may have other questions down the line.

Pokerus does not affect EVs gained via vitamins :(

Yes, it will get the EV Points if it's holding EXP Share, however it will not benefit from a Power item/Macho Brace in that case.

OT Silver

Psychic♂ Silver
Okay, I'm glad vitamins aren't affected, I already used 10 Calcium on my Eevee before getting it infected with Pokerus. ._.; Also, I don't really know anything about IVs. I know they're the base stats for a Pokemon and that 31 is the max for one stat, but how do you know what the IVs are for your Pokemon? I've never really focused on the stats of my Pokemon, only the natures, and I want to start building a well rounded team starting with Espeon.

Aenea

Creator Of Victory
Okay, I'm glad vitamins aren't affected, I already used 10 Calcium on my Eevee before getting it infected with Pokerus. ._.; Also, I don't really know anything about IVs. I know they're the base stats for a Pokemon and that 31 is the max for one stat, but how do you know what the IVs are for your Pokemon? I've never really focused on the stats of my Pokemon, only the natures, and I want to start building a well rounded team starting with Espeon.

You have to use an IV calculator like this one:

http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcdp.shtml

It's best your Pokemon is at least level 50 to get an accurate portrayal of its IV's.

Status
Not open for further replies.