• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fast2good

I have a question, i wanna breed a Cryogonal but its genderless so i need the Cryogonal plus a Ditto, so i can only IV breed for good IV's is the ditto get wonderful IV's??

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
I have a question, i wanna breed a Cryogonal but its genderless so i need the Cryogonal plus a Ditto, so i can only IV breed for good IV's is the ditto get wonderful IV's??
The offspring inherits 3 IVs from either parent.

Nata

I got a question. I tried to IV breed pokemon in the past but it didnt realy work out cuz the calculator never told me what are the real IVs cuz the pokemon were too low lvl. So i was wondering if i just put the pokemon into daycare to lets say lvl 20, will i be able to calculate IVs than or doas the pokemon in daycare get EVs added or something?

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
I got a question. I tried to IV breed pokemon in the past but it didnt realy work out cuz the calculator never told me what are the real IVs cuz the pokemon were too low lvl. So i was wondering if i just put the pokemon into daycare to lets say lvl 20, will i be able to calculate IVs than or doas the pokemon in daycare get EVs added or something?
Daycare does not add EVs at all. You can go to the Battle Subway as they auto level your Pokémon to Lv50 and then record the stats.

pkmnfn

DW Breeder
I have a naughty shiny golett that I want to EV train... how should I go about it?

jolteon135

I have a naughty shiny golett that I want to EV train... how should I go about it?
EV train it in HP/Attack. Smogon recommends 48 speed to outspeed and 2 hit KO 0/4 speed Jellicent. 252 Attack, 208 HP, 48 Speed or 252 HP if you don't care about outspeeding Jellicent.

Wilz88

Ok I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place for this (if I've broken the rules, I really didnt mean to), but check my sig for what I need help with regarding this topic :)

jolteon135

Ok I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place for this (if I've broken the rules, I really didnt mean to), but check my sig for what I need help with regarding this topic :)

You need help with IV breeding? The hardest part about IV breeding is getting prepared. You will want a Ditto of almost every nature. Just go to the Giant Chasm and catch a bunch of Dittos until you get every nature you want. You can use synchronize Pokemon (elgyem?) to help with the process. If the synchronize Pokemon is the first in your party the Pokemon you encounter will have the same nature as the synchronizer 50% of the time.

After you get your Dittos with the natures that you want you will want a few more Dittos. The next Dittos will need to have 31 IV. You will want 1 Ditto with 31 IV for each stat so a total of 6 more Dittos. Instead of catching 6 Dittos, you can use 1 flawless Ditto (31 IV in all stats). I can trade you one when I'm not busy.

Next you need the power items. Each is 16 BP in the battle subway. You need an everstone too. Wild Roggenrola's have them 50% of the time.

The first step in IV breeding is to get the nature onto one of the parents. Take one of your Dittos with the desired nature, give Ditto the everstone and breed it with the Pokemon until you hatch an egg with the right nature.

Next take the Pokemon you just bred and give it the everstone. Give your flawless Ditto one of the power items. Put both of them in the daycare and wait for an egg. The hatched Pokemon will have 31 IV in the stat that you gave the Ditto a power item for. If you're using a completely flawless Ditto the hatched Pokemon might have more than 1 stat with 31 IV.
3 stats are passed down from either parents and the other 3 are random.

You will want to occasionally replace the parent. For example, let's say you start with a 4/7/22/18/5/8 Timid Eevee and you a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Ditto. You equip the power item for speed to your Ditto and the everstone to your Eevee. After a few eggs you get a 31/7/9/18/5/31 Timid Eevee
You would remove your old Eevee from the daycare and replace it with the new Eevee because the new Eevee has better IVs.

You can use the battle subway to check IVs quickly. The guy will say something like "it can't be better in that regard" if it has 31 IV in that stat.
You might want to get lots of rare candies to help with checking IVs too. The reason you might prefer rare candies over the battle subway judge is because the judge will only tell you about the highest stats. Let's say you hatch a 29/4/25/31/28/30 Eevee. If you only use the subway judge you might release it thinking that it's no good because the judge will only tell you it has 1 stat that is 31 but if you actually checked the IVs you would see that's it's actually pretty good 'cause everything is close to 31.
You can also use the battle subway to autolevel Pokemon to Lv. 50 and check their IVs if you don't have rare candies.

Breeding for hidden powers is more complicated but possible too. Btw, you should consider RNGing if you want good IV Pokemon but if you don't want to/can't RNG, IV breeding works fine too. You can easily get triple flawless Pokemon via IV breeding.

Wilz88

You need help with IV breeding? The hardest part about IV breeding is getting prepared. You will want a Ditto of almost every nature. Just go to the Giant Chasm and catch a bunch of Dittos until you get every nature you want. You can use synchronize Pokemon (elgyem?) to help with the process. If the synchronize Pokemon is the first in your party the Pokemon you encounter will have the same nature as the synchronizer 50% of the time.

After you get your Dittos with the natures that you want you will want a few more Dittos. The next Dittos will need to have 31 IV. You will want 1 Ditto with 31 IV for each stat so a total of 6 more Dittos. Instead of catching 6 Dittos, you can use 1 flawless Ditto (31 IV in all stats). I can trade you one when I'm not busy.

Next you need the power items. Each is 16 BP in the battle subway. You need an everstone too. Wild Roggenrola's have them 50% of the time.

The first step in IV breeding is to get the nature onto one of the parents. Take one of your Dittos with the desired nature, give Ditto the everstone and breed it with the Pokemon until you hatch an egg with the right nature.

Next take the Pokemon you just bred and give it the everstone. Give your flawless Ditto one of the power items. Put both of them in the daycare and wait for an egg. The hatched Pokemon will have 31 IV in the stat that you gave the Ditto a power item for. If you're using a completely flawless Ditto the hatched Pokemon might have more than 1 stat with 31 IV.
3 stats are passed down from either parents and the other 3 are random.

You will want to occasionally replace the parent. For example, let's say you start with a 4/7/22/18/5/8 Timid Eevee and you a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Ditto. You equip the power item for speed to your Ditto and the everstone to your Eevee. After a few eggs you get a 31/7/9/18/5/31 Timid Eevee
You would remove your old Eevee from the daycare and replace it with the new Eevee because the new Eevee has better IVs.

You can use the battle subway to check IVs quickly. The guy will say something like "it can't be better in that regard" if it has 31 IV in that stat.
You might want to get lots of rare candies to help with checking IVs too. The reason you might prefer rare candies over the battle subway judge is because the judge will only tell you about the highest stats. Let's say you hatch a 29/4/25/31/28/30 Eevee. If you only use the subway judge you might release it thinking that it's no good because the judge will only tell you it has 1 stat that is 31 but if you actually checked the IVs you would see that's it's actually pretty good 'cause everything is close to 31.
You can also use the battle subway to autolevel Pokemon to Lv. 50 and check their IVs if you don't have rare candies.

Breeding for hidden powers is more complicated but possible too. Btw, you should consider RNGing if you want good IV Pokemon but if you don't want to/can't RNG, IV breeding works fine too. You can easily get triple flawless Pokemon via IV breeding.

Thanks, it'd be very useful if you could trade me a Ditto for IV breeding, PM whenevers a good time :)

Also this information is very useful, so I'm going to write it down.....so I don't forget :)

Pikawho?

(five15)
Quick question regarding ev-training:

So I've been ev-training a few pokes in Special Defense and I decided to take the route of killing Gothitas. Things were going swell until it used embargo (which nullifies the macho brace).

My question is: since the macho brace is rendered useless, does that mean that the evs gained from the battle are affected? The battle is over, so I'm assuming that it would still double the evs, but I'd rather know for sure. Out of paranoia, I've done this leg of the training last.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

chipch13

Hi all. I'm looking at doing my first EV training effort with a Deino/Hydreigon being my choice of pokemon. What I'm trying to figure out are the numbers of wild pokemon I'll need to battle for optimal EV stats. Here's what I've got so far:

Deino
Modest nature
EV Breakdown: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Eventual Moveset:
Draco Meteor
U-Turn
Fire Blast
Focus Blast

For EV Training here's what I've got and where I need the numbers:

SpA
10 Calcium
? Litwicks while wearing the Power Lens
? Genius Wings

Spe
10 Carbos
? Basculins while wearing the Power Anklet
? Swift Wings

HP
? Stunfisks

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Are your Pokémon infected with Pokérus?

PokemonOwn

Hi all. I'm looking at doing my first EV training effort with a Deino/Hydreigon being my choice of pokemon. What I'm trying to figure out are the numbers of wild pokemon I'll need to battle for optimal EV stats. Here's what I've got so far:

Deino
Modest nature
EV Breakdown: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Eventual Moveset:
Draco Meteor
U-Turn
Fire Blast
Focus Blast

For EV Training here's what I've got and where I need the numbers:

SpA
10 Calcium
? Litwicks while wearing the Power Lens
? Genius Wings

Spe
10 Carbos
? Basculins while wearing the Power Anklet
? Swift Wings

HP
? Stunfisks

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Have you got Pokerus?

Pokerus:

10 Calcium
10 Carbos
15 Litwick (And then 1, without the Power Item)
12 Basculin (And then 2, without the Power Item)
1 Stunfisk, without the Power Item

No Pokerus:

10 Calcium
10 Carbos
30 Litwick (And then 2, without the Power Item)
25 Basculin (And then, 1 without the Power Item)
2 Stunfisk, without the Power Item.

Hope this helps!

chipch13

No Pokerus. What's the easiest way to catch the Pokerus?

Thanks for those numbers! Could I ask how you calculated those? This gives me a fantastic start but I want to know how to run the numbers myself so that I don't have to pester you guys every time I'm hyper-training. :)

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
No Pokerus. What's the easiest way to catch the Pokerus?

Thanks for those numbers! Could I ask how you calculated those? This gives me a fantastic start but I want to know how to run the numbers myself so that I don't have to pester you guys every time I'm hyper-training. :)
This is actually quite a useful tool for those EV training

As for getting Pokérus, the easiest way is to trade with someone who has an infected Pokémon with it

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Does your Pokemon accumulate Evs against a trainers pokemon or is it just wild?

Status
Not open for further replies.