• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I'm looking into double screeners and want to know what a common EV/IV spread would be good for one.
I've been into offensive, but am looking towards defensive and stalls.

randomspot555

I'm looking into double screeners and want to know what a common EV/IV spread would be good for one.
I've been into offensive, but am looking towards defensive and stalls.

EVs and IVs are not interchangeable. IVs are almost always maxed out except in certain cases such as aiming for a specific Hidden Power typing and power or to maximize something, like if using Gyro Ball or Trick Room (then you want low IVs in Speed).

If you want defensive, invest in defensive stats (HP, DEF, SpDEF) when training. Not all Pokemon are created equally. Fire and Flying typings generally suck for defense, while Steel and Water are generally good defensive typings.

batboy

Hey guys, what level do you think we can train EV for pkm better?
I have a shiny Zubat at lvl 4 and should i EV train him or keep waiting for the higher level? But will the EV point mix up when i train him randomly until he's up to lvl 20 or higher? Im so confused about those point @_@

Pinkle

Hey guys, what level do you think we can train EV for pkm better?
I have a shiny Zubat at lvl 4 and should i EV train him or keep waiting for the higher level? But will the EV point mix up when i train him randomly until he's up to lvl 20 or higher? Im so confused about those point @_@

I want to know that too, like... If i've trained a Pokemon to level 60, and not EV trained it, is it likely some of it's points have already been distributed from random Pokemon?

wearjo

Pokemon Trader
I want to know that too, like... If i've trained a Pokemon to level 60, and not EV trained it, is it likely some of it's points have already been distributed from random Pokemon?

Yes, It's not like you can officially decide when a pokemon gains EVs, you have to either EV wipe the poke, or just EV train a fresh poke

Pinkle

Thanks for clarifying it for me, although I probably won't EV train all my Pokemon, I would at least like to do my main team(s).

If you do have accidental points will it screw them up in the end? Because I refuse to wipe them or anything.

Last edited:

batboy

Yes, It's not like you can officially decide when a pokemon gains EVs, you have to either EV wipe the poke, or just EV train a fresh poke

Thanks for this idea, i think i should EV train my Gastly and Zubat right now for some EV point and after that, will train randomly in game. Maybe breed eggs for EV train later.

Aegon

I EV trained my flawless Rotom (Wash form) just a while ago. I went for maxed out Special Attack, while the rest were divided into HP and Speed.

Aegon

I maxed out my flawless Terrakion's Attack and Speed, as well as my Croagunk's. I'm really low on money again; buying vitamins is quite costly.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I have a little question:

I am planning to breed a Croagunk with Max Attack and Speed IVs with the Adamant Nature. What EV spread and Moveset would be effective to use?

Aegon

I EV-trained my Cottonee in HP and Speed, placing the leftovers in Special Defense. It didn't take long, as Stunfisk and Basculin both give 2 EVs.

jellywolffy

<Hunting
I got a stupid question to ask, how can some people get pokemon wIith many 30 or 31 ivs? And what is flawness and other short terms?

jolteon135

I got a stupid question to ask, how can some people get pokemon wIith many 30 or 31 ivs?
IV/Chain breeding or RNGing.

And what is flawness and other short terms?
Flawless means 31 IV in all stats (or 31 in all essential stats).
Near Flawless means 30/31 in all stats (or 30/31 in all essential stats).

Example:IVs are listed in order of HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpDef/Speed
A 31/31/31/31/31/31 Staraptor is flawless. A 31/31/31/x/31/31 (x means not 31) might also be considered flawless since the Staraptor isn't a special attacker so having less than 31 special attack doesn't make it flawed.

Aegon

*Uses Revive*

I EV-trained my flawless Gligar today, using a 252 HP/184 Sp. Def/72 Speed spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.