• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Age Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizu Kasumi

The Mist
She is, she said she was, it's said she is in magazines and yeah... Lots of proof. I think. X.X

pikachu!

pikachu?
here what i think
Ash: 14
Misty:14 (i think!)
May: 10 or 12 or 11 i dont know
Brock:18
Max: 8
Professor Oak:50
professor Birch:30
Ash Mom:30
Gary:13
Tracy:15
that's what i think

Mizu Kasumi

The Mist
Well, she did say she's 10 years old. It's announced in games and magazines... That's probably not enough though. =P

R

Robert0427

You are right Kasumi if Misty did say she was 10 years in the games/magazines then her & Ash are the same age only as i've said before that Misty may have been born in the same month/year as Ash but a couple of days or weeks before him therefore her current age would be 16 1/2

Mizu Kasumi

The Mist
Robert0427 said:
You are right Kasumi if Misty did say she was 10 years in the games/magazines then her & Ash are the same age only as i've said before that Misty may have been born in the same month/year as Ash but a couple of days or weeks before him therefore her current age would be 16 1/2

Misty's hard to tell, so she's either the same age as Ash, a few weeks or months older, to two years older than him. I was actually talking about May. ^^" Sorry guys, I should have quoted the person that thinks that May isn't 10...

Mizu Kasumi

The Mist
Mondo said:
Which ones? You need to be more specific or your proof doesn't count.

Um, forget my proof, I don't really remember the names. All, I know was that one of the magazines was Pokemon 2005 Summer Special or something... But it's pretty clear that May's 10 even though she looks a little older.

Last edited:
R

Robert0427

Were never really gonna know what Misty's actual age is unless she says it during an episode that i highly doubt will happen anytime soon... all of you can say that Misty is 2 years older than Ash but i think she's acutally the same age as him regardless of her height but only a few weeks or couple days older

- Kasumi - said:
Um, forget my proof, I don't really remember the names. All, I know was that one of the magazines was Pokemon 2005 Summer Special or something... But it's pretty clear that May's 10 even though she looks a little older.
Hmmmm, I think I missed the post before you started talking about the proof. I thought you were talking about Misty, not May. I know May's ten. Oh well, ignore my posts then. XD

Mizu Kasumi

The Mist
Mondo said:
Hmmmm, I think I missed the post before you started talking about the proof. I thought you were talking about Misty, not May. I know May's ten. Oh well, ignore my posts then. XD

Lol. It's okay, it's my bad for not saying I was talking about May. I sort of knew you thought I was talking about Misty...

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Ash,I think,should be about 13.Each of his regions he gained 7-12 months I suspect.
Misty,being a little older,probably is 14.
May,I suspect,is prior to 11.
Max is between 8 and 9.
Brock could be 15,16,or even 19!Or maybe he's an adult but disguises it.
Jessie and James are probably the same age,21 or 23
Prof.Oak is maybe 52.

Swifty

I tried calculating the characters ages using simple scale comparison and simple algebra. I used a screen capture which had Ash, Misty, Brock, May, and Max all in a single frame. Assuming all of them were on a single dimension, I measured all of their heights.

What I found interesting was that dividing May and Max's heights by their ages both yielded the constant 0.3875. This came as an absolute shock to me and got me excited. I then tried to apply this constant on Brock, Misty, and Ash's heights by dividing their heights by the constant I got from May and Max's heights.

Needless to say, the results are disappointing. If we follow the scale based on May and Max's ages in relation to their heights, then Misty is still 10.75 years old, Ash is still 10 years old, and Brock is merely 11.6 years old.

Lazy character designers. :\ Assuming the characters do age in this show, the designers haven't bothered to update their height charts.

Tsukushi Scyther

Pokemon Ranger Da !
Brock : 18
Misty : 16
Lt.Surge : 35
Erika : 20
Sabrina : 21
Koga : 39
Blaine : 52
Giovanni : 42

Falkner : 19
Bugsy : 14
Whitney : 15
Morty : 20
Jasmine : 19
Chuck : 36
Pryce : 59
Clair : 25

Roxanne : 16
Brawly : 19
Wattson : 46
Flannery : 17
Winona : 22
Tate & Levia : 15
Wallace : 24

Yoshida Amane

SPPf's #2 Tracey Fan
I'm actually not sure the characters have aged much or even at all.
First of all, May IS ten.
I'm also fairly sure that when the series started, Misty was twelve.
And you're not paying attention if you don't know that Ash started out at ten.
If they aged? See below.

Ash -12
Misty - 14
Brock - 16
May - 10 going on 11
Max - 8
Tracey - 15
Gary - 12

So what if my opinion is weird?
It's MY opinion, not yours.

Ice Cold Glalie

manuel said: