1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official Age Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Wolf Goddess, May 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As of the battle frontier

Satoshi - 15
    Haruka - 11
    Takeshi - 17
    Masato - 8/9
    Kojirou - 19
    Musashi - 20
    Shuu - 13
    Harley - 16/17

2. I dont think May started off as a Pokemon trainer when she was ten

3. KuwabaraTheMan

KuwabaraTheMan Thunder Trainer

Her first words in the series are "Watashi Haruka, juusai."(I'm Haruka, Age 10).

4. Wolf,aka Mew

Wolf,aka Mew Guest

Well I have read some of the posts on this subject and here is what I think-
    -
    Ash was 10 when he started out,right now though he should be in his late teens but he does not look it.
    I mean to say that Ash looks as though he is only 15 at the most,so..

Misty,i like her,well she was like 14 when Ash met her so now she should be in her 20's but she looks as though she is only 17 at most.

About the talk on May,well to be honest I understand as fans we are intitled to talk nonsense and stuff that is so small and not un-inportant but really,guys c'mon!Who cares?she should be about 10-11 anyway.

Brock,well he was like 16-17 when Ash first met him and now he looks as if he is around 18 and such but he should if he was in are world be in his 20's.

Why I keep pointing this out(About what age they should be in our world)Well because I wanted to show you that it does not matter.Pokemon are in their own World and not in ours so really they are moving at there own time.

James and Jesse.Well they look as if they are in there 20's or there'Bout's.

Oak I think is in his 60's or late 70's.
    Ash: 14/15
    Brock: 17/18
    Misty: 16/17
    Max: 8/9
    May: 10/11
    James: 20/21
    Jesse: 20/21
    Professer Oak:60/75

5. KuwabaraTheMan

KuwabaraTheMan Thunder Trainer

So are you saying that he was in his 30s/40s in the Serebii movie? Because he only went forward 40 years...

6. Ryu_Dragon_King

Ryu_Dragon_King Hikki-Chan OWNZ0RZ!

Too true. My younger sister is 10 and she, (Her name is actually May, coincedentally, and I probably didn't spell that right) is like a B, errrr... You know. Yeah. That. (This is also why I call May, Haruka.)

7. Mika_Coyote

Mika_Coyote Forever learning!

I posted on this topic on September stating exactly this... In Pokémon, time doesn't pass with the seasons. No matter how may seasons we'll have, that characters will still look and act the same. They don't age, unless there IS something on the anime that tells us that. Like changing their looks, attitudes and so on. You've got many examples of that in other series. Numel mentioned the Simpsons, but there are many others.

On the very least of chances for time to actually pass in the anime, it could've been when Advance Generation started. But still, I seriously doubt it.

*shot for sounding like a stupid know-it-all*

8. everyone has got to age. we could tell how old everyone is if the anime shows the years passed.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
  9. Sceptile 100

Sceptile 100 Guest

In the first episode when you saw her riding down the hill soon to be scared of fright from a duskiull she introduced herself and said she was 10.

10. Hero of Legend

Hero of Legend Advanced Missingno.

Here's my guesses:

Ash: 14
    Misty: 16
    May: 12

Those are my most certain guesses, and these are the ages on the most current Japanese episodes!

11. Neko Godot

Neko Godot Hey! Listen!

may is the same age as ash

12. ImJessieTR

ImJessieTR I WON'T kiss Ash...

that's not possible. at least one year had past since the beginning (when at Viridian to battle the gym and said again in the short of Pokemon 3 I think). so Ash would at least have to be 11 and May 10.

13. ◘Ins0mnIac◘

◘Ins0mnIac◘ Supreme Overlord

Did I miss something in health class???????

14. Astinus

Astinus Well-Known Member

Some people just go through puberty earlier than others. Perhaps it's something in the water.

The official Japanese websites state that Ash and May are the same age. Yes, the year was added in the return to Viridian City episode. Maybe he went back in time, and Hoenn is actually happening at the same time as Kanto! (Sarcasm there people. I didn't know where I was going with that.)

I'll just say that Ash hasn't aged in my opinion, at least physically. He's matured from the child that he was when he left Pallet the first episode.

15. smashbrosfan!

smashbrosfan! Banned

here's what I think. (at the end of houen league
    ash - 15 - 4 years passed at the end of houen league.
    brock- 20
    misty - 16
    max - 9
    may - 11 ( I think it's pretty weird how may develops a big enough chest at the age of 11
    team rocket - 21

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  16. AdvancedK9

AdvancedK9 SHOOP DA WOOP!!!

kanto and orange took about a year
    and the jotho too
    kow that hoenn has ended it also took a year
    so here are the ages

ash:13
    may:11
    misty:14?15(HOLY.....MISTY YOUNGER THAN ASH?TRUST ME,THAT IS THE SAME AS MARRYING AN OLD WOMEN!)
    BROCK.........ABOUT 18
    hapy birthday![SPOIL]you are retarded if you think ash is older than misty![/SPOIL]

17. shigilyboohoo

shigilyboohoo WalkingContradiction

Surely, at Battle Frontier:

Ash: 13
    Brock: 15/16
    May: 11
    Max: 7/8
    Misty: 14/15

Check out their height differences between other characters as well like
    Did you see Lucy/Azami bend down to Ash while giving him the Symbol, I would be well intimatated to lose to such a little kid

18. Judai Yuki

Judai Yuki Banned

At BF:
    Ash:12
    May:11
    Brock:14-15
    Max:8-9
    Misty:13-14
    Jessie:16-17
    James:15-16
    Harley:15-17
    Drew:12-13
    Delia:30(She had Ash at 18)
    Oak:65
    Gary:12

19. npdargy312

npdargy312 Master Coordinator

i always thought Ash and May were the same age...even though i know its can't b true, cuz Ash started his journey at 10 and May didd, and also during the 3rd pokemon movie they were celebrating there 1 year anniversery of being together, so i think there ages are all so confusing and we will never truly know.

20. Meganium154

Meganium154 Guest

I would say that:

Ash is 14
    May is 11-12
    Max is 7-8
    Tracey is 14-16
    Jessie is 23-26
    James is 21-24
    Brock is 18-21
    Misty is 15-17
    Lt.Surge is 30-38