• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Age Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NES

Flip me to the side!
cold_katanagirl said:
You GUYS need to get over yourselves. May is ten. Not 12. Not 13. Not 14. Not 15. Ten. Why can't you GUYS just get it through your thick skulls. So what if she's devolped?

Ahhhhh ok, IT'S 10,IT'S 10,IT'S 10!!!!!!!!! i understand now!!! i only will said that if it's 10 is bad draw then! :mad:.

;006;

T

Tapé

Okay, Katana, calm down. ^_^; They'll figure it out eventually. And even if they don't, oh well.

I think they're however old you want them to be. If you want them to age, fine. If you want them to be four years older than they were at the beginning of the series, like I do, fine. But the fact remains that May DOES have an official age, and as of the first episode of the Hoenn region, she is 10. Maybe she turned 11 the next day. Maybe five years have gone by and she's 15 now. I DON'T KNOW.

Anyway, that's my rant of the thread of the day.

L

LilMayfan

I've done figred it out a long time ago.May is 10,NO doubt about it.

M

MártonDrake

I understand that May is 10, but what is with her body?? She grows fast... I think a 10 years old girls body isnt that good.... O_O
I just cant imagine May as a little, 10 jears old girl. She looks like 13-14

L

LilMayfan

I can't explain is as good...maybe May is overdevleped?o_OI don't know.

O

Ororo Munroe

The writers should have made May less developed, not have made her older. Some girls do start developing when they're ten or younger and May is apparently one of them. She was TEN when she was first shown but she might be a little older now. So stop saying May wasn't ten at the beginning of Hoenn because she was and it's getting annoying seeing people argue about it.

L

LilMayfan

It is getting anoying.If you people only realized that May said that she was 10 at the first show,things would get a LOT better.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
After much speculation, I've come to the following conclusions on the ages (at this point in the anime)...

Ash: 15
May: 11
Max: 8
Brock: 19
Misty: 17
Jessie: 23
James: 24

And the other characters at this point:
Gary: 15
Tracey: 17
Delia: 42
Oak: 66

I've always believed that the characters age in real time - helps support my fanfics, anyway.

C

Crazy Cutie

LilMayfan said:
How many times do I have to tell you people May is ten years old??you want proof?will here it is:

SHE SAID IT IN FRIST SHOW!!!!
Check the spelling and it was the first episode not he first show!I think it was a REALLY BAD dudding!

Ash: 12
Misty: 13
Brock: 17
Jessie and James:18
Tracey: 16
May: 12

I dont think that the Anime characters have the same "age" as we have!Cuzz then ash would be 15 and may 10 it would be totally NUTS!!!

This calculation is based on: Personality height and guessings XD!
P.S The above text is IMO by Crazy Cutie please dont flame him!

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Ororo Munroe

Crazy Cutie said:
Check the spelling and it was the first episode not he first show!I think it was a REALLY BAD dudding!

Ash: 12
Misty: 13
Brock: 17
Jessie and James:18
Tracey: 16
May: 12

I dont think that the Anime characters have the same "age" as we have!Cuzz then ash would be 15 and may 10 it would be totally NUTS!!!

This calculation is based on: Personality height and guessings XD!
P.S The above text is IMO by Crazy Cutie please dont flame him!
First of all, it's dubbing not dudding, you left the t off of the, it's because not cuzz, and it should be don't not dont. Don't complain about someone else's spelling then make so many misspellings yourself.

Second of all, if I remember correctly it's already been mentioned in this thread that May said she was ten in the JAPANESE version which means it's NOT a dubbing error.

Third of all, height and personalities have nothing to do with age.

NES

Flip me to the side!
Yes, she's 10, everybody knows, so let's stop that crapp( and it's bad drawn, they make her look older, and obviosly it's not planned ),in manga (sapphire) looks more like a 10.

Why everybody says Ash is young?, he has been traveling for many time, he's older now, i think around 14 or 15.

T

Tapé

Yeah, my characters tend to age in real time, too. ^^; If I go by the first episode...it's been almost six years since then. So really, I should make Ash 15 in my stories. And Misty would be 17. On October 28, I'll change them both to 16 and 18. Yeah, I know that's not their age, I'm just celebrating their birthdays on that day.

And don't worry, Katana. Nobody's mad at you. ;p

R

Raiden

1. Ash and co don't age. The reason: nobody wants to see eps of Pokemon in five years or so when Ash is an adult trainer. Also, this can happen in cartoons. In the Simpsons, for example, I've heard them say what year it is many times, and most of the time it's a different year, but they still don't age.
2. Ash is 10. May is 10. They are too friendly and too alike for there to be four or five years between them.
3. Delia cannot be in her mid-twenties. First thing - what proof is there? She could be in her mid-thirties! Also, are you saying that she wasn't even an adult when she had Ash? Lastly, she's friends with Oak, and seems to know him well, too well to only be in her mid-twenties.
5. It would be illegal for Brock to travel with Ash, May and Max if he were 18 or over. Why? He isn't their legal guardian. And, does he look 18 to you?

L

LilMayfan

I agree.Ash&co do not age.let's take loney tunes for ex.they've been on for 50-75 years and have seen Bugs Bunny age?nope!All cartoons and Anime characters do NOT age!!

R

Raiden

Sorry about this, but I originally had five points but I forgot the other one, and made the forth point number five.

LilMayfan said:
All cartoons and Anime characters do NOT age!!

Not really. DBZ, they age as well as other anime like berserk. so that comment is wrong.

Envy

Homunculus
Yeah, May is ten. get over it people. Even I realized That! But the great thing with anime is, you can make then any age! That's what i do. but the point is, she said she was ten, so drop it, Please!

NES

Flip me to the side!
*sigh**

Very bad comparation, of course cartoons don't age!, they don't even exist XD, the point is, what age they represent, you can draw a ten years girl that looks like a 15, and then you are insane XD.

T

Tapé

I agree with That Scary Clefairy (love the name, by the way), and I believe I brought that up either earlier in this thread or in another one. Anime characters DO age, and a point is made of it in most anime.

American cartoons and Japanese cartoons are very different in some ways. Characters ageing is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.