• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Age Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Moo said:
Yes this is good and all but weren't there sources (or was that fan stuff) that at the beginning Ash was 10 Misty was 11/12ish and Brock was 15 and add all that year stuff and it would be Ash 13 almost 14 Misty 15 Brock about 18/19 TRacey ????? Max is 8 they said that in the anime I believe and May said she was 10 THOUGH that is somewaht strange considering the recent US episode of Having a Wailord of a time The Little girl was 10 but very small and undeveloped but May is a different case and almost as tall as Ash, Chest, and comparing to stephenie the girl from having a wailord of a time and Jesse and James are maybe 18-22ish area's but not sure

Why is everyone basing May's age on her............well, developments. It's like Shining Sierra said at the beginining of the thread. Some girls grow up quicker than others.

Though i agree with most peoples age guesses, i think that Ash is still 10. Ash and the others are like childrens book characters. They are trapped in the same age for all eternaty (with the exception of Harry Potter). After all, Mickey Mouse is over 70 yrs old, but does he look it.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Well, Mickey Mouse may have been created over 70 years ago, but there is nothing in the way he looks to suggest that any time has gone by, or that he has aged. In Pokémon, they actually state that time has gone by. If they just stopped making new episodes of Pokémon (please let that never happen) and say, 10 years go by, that does not mean that the characters are 10 years older. Similarly, in the animé, about 3 years have gone by, but it has been much longer than that since the show first aired. This just goes along with the fact that time passes differently here and in the animé.

K

Keira

I think they are as follow:

Ash: 15
Misty: 15
May: 10
Brock: 17
Max: 8
Tracey: 16

I don't know why but when pokemon started on the U.S. I was 9-10 and in the anime the ages are kinda slow so if my math is correct it leads me think that Ash has 15, same age as me

is only an opinion

Atreyu

My Guesses...

These are my guesses:
Ash - 13
May - 10.5
Max - 8 ('Nuff said)
Brock - 18 (He looks it!)

Sorry everyone...

Added "sorry everyone" from a post later on. Each post must be at least 4 words long. Otherwise, it's SPAM. ~Lady Dragonrider

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Ororo Munroe

Atreyu said:
These are my guesses:
Ash - 13
May - 10.5
Max - 8 ('Nuff said)
Brock - 18 (He looks it!)

My Ruby Team
Sceptile (Lv66) ;254;
Groudon (Lv65) ;383;
Pelipper (Lv66) ;279;
Aggron (Lv65) ;306;
Sharpedo (Lv65) ;319;
Hariyama (Lv65) ;297;
o_o Why'd you post your Ruby Team? That belongs in your sig, not a post about the characters ages. :/

M

May Ledian19

Ash: 14
Misty: 16 (Ya, I got that from the Manga, but that's the only thing that actually stated Misty's age!)
Brock: 19
Tracey: 18
Jesse: 22
James: 21

Somehow, I don't believe Brock was 15 when Ash 1st met him, which leads me to believe my guess at 19 is very wrong. He just doesn't look that old in the 1st episodes! I got Misty's age from the Manga, I just guessed at Tracey's, I kinda calculated Ash's, I guessed at J&J's, and May is 10! And nobody is gonna steer me from that belief unless they give actual proof stated in the animie!

W

Wolf Goddess

Originally posted by Moo
and May said she was 10 THOUGH that is somewaht strange considering the recent US episode of Having a Wailord of a time The Little girl was 10 but very small and undeveloped but May is a different case and almost as tall as Ash, Chest, and comparing to stephenie the girl from having a wailord of a time

Did you read my first post? I was wearing a size B and on my errrr... at ten! I was also around 5.5 feet tall. We're living in an age where puberty and pregnacy comes at young ages. Get over it.

Haine

Ash - 14 (wish it was 18 XD)
Misty - 15
Brock - 18
May - 10
Max - 8

O

Ororo Munroe

Atreyu said:
I know this is off the topic, but i love your 'Avatar' Shinning Sierra.
If only that would come true in the anime itself!
If you would like to comment on someone's avatar without also mentioning something that has to do with the topic of the thread the please PM them so that it won't be considered spam.

L

Lady Dragonrider

Atreyu said:
Sorry everyone...
That was also SPAM. You could have apologized in your earlier posts, people would hardly miss it since it's on the same page. Anyways:

Ash = 13
Brock = 18
Misty = 13
May = 10
Max = 7
Tracey = 17
Jessie = 27
James = 27
Delia = 31
Jiro (Brock's brother) = 10
Flint = 42
Mizuho (Brock's mother) = 42
Daisy, Lily, and Violet = 16
Most Joys = 27-32
Norman = 31
Caroline = 31
Samuel = 53
Gary = 13
Most Jennies = 20-26
Miyamoto (Jessie's mother) = 41
James' parents = 51
Jessibell = 22

S

Shiny May

Crystal Latios said:
Ash - 14 (when he started his journey- he was 10. Later a year with Orange Islands- 12. Johto- 13 and he started 14. Houen- 14)
Misty- older than Ash - 15
Brock- much older. When he was a Gym Leader he had to be older, maybe 15, so now probably he is 19.
Max- 8
May - 10
Jessie- she is not so young, she looks much older. 25
James- younger than she - 23

I think Crystal Latios showed it very well about how old every character is. A year after every season and May told her age. Well maybe James and Jessie should be switched because I don't really know about that. They never told that.

I wonder how old meowth is.

J

jj984jj

Here's what I think they are now:
Original Name (English Name)
Satoshi (Ash): 13/14
Kasumi (Misty): 14/15
Takeshi (Brock): 19/10
Haruka (May): 10
Masato (Max): 8
Hiroshi (Richie): 13/14
Kenji (Tracey): 16/17
Shigeru (Gray):13/14
Musashi (Jesse): 24/25
Kojiro (James): 23/24
Okido (Oak): 50-55
Utsugi (Elm): 25-30
Odamaki (Birch): 30-35
(Delia): 30-35

H

HyperKnux1

Here's my opinion:
Ash: 14
Misty: 14/15
Brock: 19
Jesse: 19/20
James: 19/20
Tracey: 16/17
Gary: 14

B

Baby Bro

I've been telling myself that these ages are correct for almost a year now. Don't try and convince me otherwise.

Ash: 13
Misty: 15
Brock: 18
Jessie: 27
James: 27
Tracey: 17
Professor Oak: 58
Delia: 32
Gary: 13

M

Moo

After careful Real life observation or something like that I have determined that yes May is 10 and that Ash is a midget or hasn't hit the growth spurt yet thats is why May is as tall as him and such
Ash/14
Misty/16ish
Brock/16-18ish
Tracey/?
Jessie/18-20ish
James/18-20ish
May/10 Stated in Anime
Max/8 stated in Anime

C

Cloudy

hmmmm...

Ash-14
May-10
Max-8
Brock-18
Tracy-17
Misty-14 1/2
Gary-14
Delia-29
Prof.Oak-54

S

Sammi

*cracks knuckes*
As of now...

Ash: *thinks about reasoning* He's either 13 or 14; I don't think that the Orange Islands was a one-year thing
Misty: I always saw her two years older than him... but I donno. So she's either 15 or 16
Brock: As of now, I see him around 19 or 20. XD
May: 10.
Max: I see him as 8.
Tracey: er... 16-18 range. *is clueless*
Jessie: 22. Why that? I donno. She's in her 20s though. :p
James: Jessie's age.

And that's all. :)

M

Mistypika

I think they want May to look more female so they did it

Ash: 13/14
Misty: 13/14
Brock: 16/17
Max: 8/9
Tracey: 16/17
Jessie: about 20
James: about 20

here' my guess:

ash: 13
misty: 15
brock: 18
max: 8
may: 10
tracey: 14

and about may, the writers made her look more developed just because the viewers wouldn't want to see a female main character without any, if u know what i mean. that's the only explanation. she's still ten

azngirlLH

Battle Pyramid Champion
As of now...

Ash: 14(a year for each of the regions(kanto, johto, orange islands, hoenn), but there are only 4 gym to fight in the orange islands, that's around half of the time, so probably 13 and a half.) could also be 15, because pkmn has started around 5 years ago, but I'm more with 14.
Misty: 16(wasn't there something about she being older than Ash by two years? or was that one?)
brock: 19(im pretty sure he was around 14 when PKMN started. how many guys out there that are 14 goes crazy for cute girls?)
tracey: 18/19(he looks around 13-ish wen orange islands started)
May: 10(definately 10, it's been stated in the anime and ALL BEGINNING TRAINERS STARTS AT THE AGE OF 10... somebody said she looked '18' O___o)
Max:8
Jessie: 25(she definately looks older than James)
James: 22/23

Status
Not open for further replies.