• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
where i can find a pinsir with moxie hidden ability?

You can find one in the lostlorn forest hidden grotto, but it is really rare.

I meant how do you do it? I got a 3DS and a DS.
From the main menu you go to Unova Link, and then memory link. The ds you use memory link on will send a download file to the other DS.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I never poke transferred before. You get to pick the 6 pokemon who go onto your game, right?

jack85

You can find one in the lostlorn forest hidden grotto, but it is really rare.

Lostlorn Forest Hidden Grotto; they're quite rare though. (http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/hiddengrotto.shtml)
You can also find them in the new 'Dream Park' area on Dream World for both BW and BW2.

e: beat.

thx guys, i have another question, why appears a brown smoke when some my team pokémons appears in the battle? like emboar and lapras, always wondered xd

Hydreigon6507

thx guys, i have another question, why appears a brown smoke when some my team pokémons appears in the battle? like emboar and lapras, always wondered xd

It means they are heavy.

Rakurai

That's because it's levitating and therefore doesn't land on the ground when it's sent out, which is what produces the dust cloud. Granted, it doesn't actually have the Levitate ability, but it's still floating in the air regardless.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
you think Altaria or Archen would be a better fit?

Well, I've used both, granted Altaria has been retired since Emerald. Archeops is a massive powerhouse in-game, with its incredible stats and if well trained is usually faster than the competition. On the other hand, Altaria is a great defensive Pokemon, with passable offences and can boost attack and speed with dragon dance.

My bias says Altaria, since I love it to bits, but it really depends on how much power means to you. If you want something absolutely devastating for a shorter period, Archeops is your mon. If you want something that can last a little longer, Altaria wont usually disappoint.

Well, I've used both, granted Altaria has been retired since Emerald. Archeops is a massive powerhouse in-game, with its incredible stats and if well trained is usually faster than the competition. On the other hand, Altaria is a great defensive Pokemon, with passable offences and can boost attack and speed with dragon dance.

My bias says Altaria, since I love it to bits, but it really depends on how much power means to you. If you want something absolutely devastating for a shorter period, Archeops is your mon. If you want something that can last a little longer, Altaria wont usually disappoint.

If I go with Altaria, what would you recommend for a move set?

Fly (HM, travel)
Dragon Dance
Dragon Pulse
Ice Beam

Charoshi

Charmander is best
If I go with Altaria, what would you recommend for a move set?

Fly (HM, travel)
Dragon Dance
Dragon Pulse
Ice Beam

Well on that set, dragon dance is fairly redundant, since with the exception of fly those are special attacks, so only the speed boost would be of any use.

But since dragon claw is only available post game, and same with outrage, dragon pulse is your better bet.

Ice Beam is good for other flying types, and for other dragon/flying types. Flamethrower can be used instead for steel and ice types though, which will do far more damage to Altaria.

Without Earthquake, or Dragon Claw, lots of the physical options aren't really there I guess.

Not to say that after a few dragon dances, she cant dominate with fly, or simply out speed everything, but some options aren't there.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Are nature, gender, and ability of an egg generated when the Day-Care Man gets the egg like in Gen IV, or are they generated when the player receives the egg like in Black/White. When I was breeding for a Timburr in Black 2, I would save before I picked the egg up and soft-reset if there weren't any hatched pokemon I want like I do in White, but the first Timbur always had the same nature, ability and gender. I assumed that it was like Gen IV again, but I haven't found any information about this on Bulbapedia or Serebii.

Dangertrout

Are nature, gender, and ability of an egg generated when the Day-Care Man gets the egg like in Gen IV, or are they generated when the player receives the egg like in Black/White. When I was breeding for a Timburr in Black 2, I would save before I picked the egg up and soft-reset if there weren't any hatched pokemon I want like I do in White, but the first Timbur always had the same nature, ability and gender. I assumed that it was like Gen IV again, but I haven't found any information about this on Bulbapedia or Serebii.

in BW2, the first egg is always the same. so SRing the first egg no longer works

Rakurai

Is it possible to save before an egg is produced in order to keep that from happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.