• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavulin

Well the only penalty is that you have to wait 2 days before buying again from Join Avenue. I think you have to wait one day to trade with Curtis/Yancy but I saw on Marilland's video that he set the clock one or two minutes before midnight and waited and it worked for him. I'm not sure.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Well the only penalty is that you have to wait 2 days before buying again from Join Avenue. I think you have to wait one day to trade with Curtis/Yancy but I saw on Marilland's video that he set the clock one or two minutes before midnight and waited and it worked for him. I'm not sure.

I set the clock forward so that it changed on its own, and that worked. I was able to trade with Curtis for Mankey. But now, how do I get him to trade the rest of his Pokemon? I've called him a few times now and he just talks to me. I don't have to call him 50 times for each Pokemon, do I?

Mera

What's the sleep clause?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
What's the sleep clause?

Each player can only put one of their opponent's Pokemon asleep at a time. It does not count you putting your own Pokemon asleep, however.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I set the clock forward so that it changed on its own, and that worked. I was able to trade with Curtis for Mankey. But now, how do I get him to trade the rest of his Pokemon? I've called him a few times now and he just talks to me. I don't have to call him 50 times for each Pokemon, do I?

You can only trade with Curtis/Yancy once per day.

You need to call him again tomorrow to do another trade. Just call Curtis once more tomorrow, he should ask for another meeting (which means another trade).

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
You can only trade with Curtis/Yancy once per day.

You need to call him again tomorrow to do another trade. Just call Curtis once more tomorrow, he should ask for another meeting (which means another trade).

Thanks, Shine! I was confused because on Serebii's Dropped Item page (here), it says
Serebii's page said:
"You can repeat trades one a day, even repeating the species of the Pokémon."
So that's why I thought I could ask him to trade more than once per day.

Golden_Arcanine

Sorry if this has already been asked, but how long after the start of the game can you send keys to another game? I've beaten Black 2 and need the keys from White 2 but they've only got one badge thus far. Thanks.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
You can get their key after they beat the E4. If you want the Vprest key you must beat it on W2 first and you must beat/capture the regi to trade that key.

Machomacho

How do I get to abundant shrine... I'm so lost oh this is for white 2, water fall is needed correct?

Zoruagible

I've been forgetting to ask. On the route near the P2 lab there are items that I can't get to on the beach. How do I reach them?

Mera

OK this may be a stupid question, but what happens if you use Sunny Day, Hail or Rain Dance inside?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I've been forgetting to ask. On the route near the P2 lab there are items that I can't get to on the beach. How do I reach them?

You need to use some of the different currents.

OK this may be a stupid question, but what happens if you use Sunny Day, Hail or Rain Dance inside?

Same thing as any other battle. It activates their effect.

Jeikobu

主の子
Considering a moveset for Nyorotono. ;186;

I've come up with two ideas, and was looking for some feedback. I'm going with the ability Drizzle. And what would be the best held item? Leftovers?

1)
Dive
Ice Punch
Belly Drum
Double Team/Toxic

It doesn't seem like Nyorotono has bad defensive stats, but they aren't some of the best either. Belly Drum gives me massive Attack power, but put the Pokemon's health at risk. Double Team raises evasiveness, but takes time to build up. Toxic could play off of Dive's taking two turns to attack, draining the opponents health during the turn where Nyorotono is basically invulnerable. I considered Waterfall, but given Nyorotono's low Speed, it didn't seem as worth it since I can't take advantage of the flinch factor as often (though Dive would give the opponent more time to plan, which isn't good).

2)
Scald
Ice Beam
Double Team
Toxic?

Nyorotono's Special Attack base is somewhat better than its Attack, so using Special Attack moves naturally seems more preferable, and I avoid the vulnerability that Belly Drum gives. Scald is a little weaker than Surf, but gives me the chance to burn the opponent. If that fails, maybe Toxic would be good?

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
IMO, the special set is better.

You'll want another attacking move for more coverage, though.
Replace Double Team with Focus Blast/Mud Shot/Hyper Voice/Hidden Power [Ground/Fight/Electric/Grass].

Water + Fight/Ground/Normal, all those three combinations have great coverage.
HP Electric/Grass on the other hand, allows you to hit other Water-Types hard (especially Grass, which hits Swampert hard)

Jeikobu

主の子
Doesn't Water/Ice cover all the bases, though? Unless I am facing another Water type, that is.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Yes, but wouldn't it be nice if you can cover another Water-Type as well? Switching out isn't an option sometimes.

Rudruma

I have Black 2, can I use my DNA splicers on Kyurem and Reshiram? Or because its Black 2 does it have to specifically be Kyurem and Zekrom? Thanks in advance

Zoruagible

I have Black 2, can I use my DNA splicers on Kyurem and Reshiram? Or because its Black 2 does it have to specifically be Kyurem and Zekrom? Thanks in advance

You can use it on both Zekrom and Reshiram.

PsychicPsycho

Each player can only put one of their opponent's Pokemon asleep at a time. It does not count you putting your own Pokemon asleep, however.
Wait, what? I'd never even heard of that. Does it only apply to competitive battling, or will it work in the PWT and Subway also?
Yes, but wouldn't it be nice if you can cover another Water-Type as well? Switching out isn't an option sometimes.
I'm not a really a competitive battler, but I have a Milotic that use in the battle subway. Specifically for dealing with other water types, I bred it with grass hidden power, and it's been extremely helpful over time.
You can use it on both Zekrom and Reshiram.
May be a stupid question- if you beat the E4 with only a Zekyurem or Reskyurem, will it count for the one and only medal?

Status
Not open for further replies.