• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquarelle

Staff member
For the Challenge Medals can I not use Dual-Type Pokemon. Say for the Fire-type Champ: could I not use a Blaziken because it is also Fighting or does it have to only be Fire?

It is perfectly okay to use dual typed Pokemon. I myself have used, say, Cradily for my Grass run and then again for Rock. I also did my One and Only challenge with Gyarados and received the Water and Flying medals too.
So, you could use a Blaziken for both the Fire and Fighting medals. All that matters is that every Pokemon you use has at least one type in common.

shadowF

what pokemon would you need to dex trade to complete the dex to get shiny haxorus in pokemon white 2?

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
What stops me from trading my Keldeo from Black 2 game to another Gen V game?

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
What stops me from trading my Keldeo from Black 2 game to another Gen V game?

Is it in Resolute Forme? I don't think Pokémon can be traded between Gen 5 games in their BW2 forms. Or if it knows an HM move, the game won't let you trade it out of your party through an IR trade.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Is it in Resolute Forme? I don't think Pokémon can be traded between Gen 5 games in their BW2 forms. Or if it knows an HM move, the game won't let you trade it out of your party through an IR trade.

Thanks, it was in it's resolute form and I had to make it forget Secret Sword.

Jackson_Pokemon

Hey guys im new here i dont know how any of this works and if this doesnt belong in this thread just let me know. Anyway, i have a team in pokemon emerald that i have been transporting through each generation in preparation for the release of OR/AS and i was going to transfer them from Black 2 to Y, but my pokemon bank pass expired. if anyone has a pass, can i trade that team to your B/W/B2/W2 game so you can transfer them to a gen 6 game and then trade them back? sorry if this doesnt make sense... i just need the team in kalos.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Will it still be possible to purchase and use that Dream thing you buy off the shop that connected to Black and White 2?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Hey guys im new here i dont know how any of this works and if this doesnt belong in this thread just let me know. Anyway, i have a team in pokemon emerald that i have been transporting through each generation in preparation for the release of OR/AS and i was going to transfer them from Black 2 to Y, but my pokemon bank pass expired. if anyone has a pass, can i trade that team to your B/W/B2/W2 game so you can transfer them to a gen 6 game and then trade them back? sorry if this doesnt make sense... i just need the team in kalos.

While I personally cannot help you, I think your best bet here would be to try one of these three threads:

The 5th Gen Pokeshifting Thread This thread is for exactly what you want to do - shift Pokemon. However, no one has posted in it since January so I'm not sure how helpful it will be.

5th Gen Trade Shops or 6th Gen Trade Shops. My shop does not trade in 5th Gen, but if you can find someone who runs a shop who does trade in both generations, they will definitely be able to help you, but you might have to pay them in Pokemon or items.

Will it still be possible to purchase and use that Dream thing you buy off the shop that connected to Black and White 2?

The Pokemon Dream Radar is still available for $3.00 in the Nintendo eShop, and from what I've read about how it works, you don't need Wifi to transfer Pokemon and items to the game. Therefore it is and will remain available for the foreseeable future.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Thank you, just wanted to make sure. Tried taking care of all wifi related things before it gets shut down. ^^;

rima

Hi there,

I've been stuck in Mistralton city for quite a while now. I've done everything according to the walkthrough but it seems I might have skipped something or maybe there's a bug in the game?!

I've beaten the gym leader and met with the professor in the celestial tower +rung the bell, but when I go back to the airport nothing happens..

If any of you could help it would be greatly appreciated..I've researched online for an answer to no avail..

Thank you!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Okay, this has been bugging me since I played White 2, and I want to know while I'm playing Black 2:

How on Earth do you start meeting up with Curtis/Yancy to trade pokemon?

I've gotten the lost Xtransciever in both games, gotten their calls, and...... nothing. Not one meetup to trade pokemon. It got me so frustrated in White 2 that I gave up trying to get spiritomb, which I'd never had, and just used the pokewalker on HeartGold to get one on the last route and transfer over.

What am I missing? It's driving me CRAZY!!!!! I don't need Curtis anymore in White 2 since I finished the pokedex, but I'd like to figure it out while I've still got 400 pokemon to go on Black 2.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Okay, this has been bugging me since I played White 2, and I want to know while I'm playing Black 2:

How on Earth do you start meeting up with Curtis/Yancy to trade pokemon?

I've gotten the lost Xtransciever in both games, gotten their calls, and...... nothing. Not one meetup to trade pokemon. It got me so frustrated in White 2 that I gave up trying to get spiritomb, which I'd never had, and just used the pokewalker on HeartGold to get one on the last route and transfer over.

What am I missing? It's driving me CRAZY!!!!! I don't need Curtis anymore in White 2 since I finished the pokedex, but I'd like to figure it out while I've still got 400 pokemon to go on Black 2.

If you have Spiritomb on HG, why don't you just transfer it over?

Anyway, first you have to find the Dropped Item and returned it to Curtis/Yancy, you need to call them 10 times. I can't remember if you can only do this once a day or not. Once you have called them 10 times, they will ask to meet up in Nimbasa City. You will ride the Ferris Wheel and they will register themselves in your Xtransceiver. After that, you have to call them 50 times. Yes, 50 times. You can only call them on specific tiles in specific places around Unova, and only one of these tiles will work at a time, so you have to Fly around to all of them until you find the active one, call them, and then repeat 50 times. You can do this all at once because that's how I did it and it worked.

After you call them 50 times they will ask to meet up in Nimbasa City again and they will ask you to trade. The Pokemon they trade you will be in a specific order. Spiritomb is the 8th trade. So you will have to trade with them, then go around to all of the tiles and find the right one, then call them and trade again, 8 times to get Spiritomb.

Here are specific instructions and pictures of where the tiles are where you can call them.

TheGreaterLucario

Hey, does anyone know if it's possible for the pokemon from the Dream Radar to be Shiny?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hey, does anyone know if it's possible for the pokemon from the Dream Radar to be Shiny?

I don't know if it's possible, but I doubt it. Given that the Distribution method is just like an event, it quite possible to for the game to have a "Shiny" lock. Also the ability to earn Pokémon is limited the rate of how many Clouds you can get which is locked to the time, or the play coins to buy a full set of clouds, which is also limited to earn 10 per day.

shadowF

can hugh appear in the driftveil world tournament even after you beat him in the tournament? or does he only appear once? same with corless.

onewayout85

Hey I have been playing the white tree hollow and keep beating benga, but for some reason he stays their instead of going to the champs house. Any one know what I am doing wrong?

Does the destiny knot work differently in black/white 2 than it does in X/Y? In my black 2 game one parent has 6 perfect ivs and the other has 4 perfect ivs (trying to gradually get a second parent with 6 ivs through the offspring) and I've hatched about 3 boxes worth of pokemon and about 90% of the time the offspring only have 2 perfect ivs and 3 rarely. I've never had this much trouble when doing the same thing in my Y game.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Does the destiny knot work differently in black/white 2 than it does in X/Y? In my black 2 game one parent has 6 perfect ivs and the other has 4 perfect ivs (trying to gradually get a second parent with 6 ivs through the offspring) and I've hatched about 3 boxes worth of pokemon and about 90% of the time the offspring only have 2 perfect ivs and 3 rarely. I've never had this much trouble when doing the same thing in my Y game.

Yes, it works completely differently. That was only added in X/Y. In every other generation only 3 IVs are passed down.

Status
Not open for further replies.