• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyshadonyx

Hello World
Ah yes, The Beauty Salon Girl! ^Thank you! I think I remember her rejecting quite a few of my pokemon coz apparently they were too friendly with me.

Here's to hopin' that this lot isnt. :p

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Ah yes, The Beauty Salon Girl! ^Thank you! I think I remember her rejecting quite a few of my pokemon coz apparently they were too friendly with me.

Here's to hopin' that this lot isnt. :p

Use Bitter Herbs and similar "herbal remedy" items if you can't use the Beauty Salon. Usually will bring happiness down enough to allow it.

Tyshadonyx

Hello World
^ Idk, its starting to look like just as fussy as EV tracking, I will definitely keep an eye out for the berry-gifting NPC on Route 5 though.

Just for curiosity's sake, where can you get herbal medicines this early in the game? (Or is 4th gym somewhere in the middle?)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
^ Idk, its starting to look like just as fussy as EV tracking, I will definitely keep an eye out for the berry-gifting NPC on Route 5 though.

Just for curiosity's sake, where can you get herbal medicines this early in the game? (Or is 4th gym somewhere in the middle?)

Fourth Gym is in Nimbasa City, which is around the 1/3rd to middle portion of the game.

24karat

I have a quick question and it would be great if people could give their opinions. I beat Black Tower and I was resetting for a jolly nature for the shiny Gible and I was wondering if these IVs were good enough for things like PWT and Battle Subway. I only play in-game, but since the people in those battle institutions have perfect IVs and are EV trained, I would appreciate some feedback.

Gible Jolly Nature. IVs:

HP: 27-30
Attack: 30-31
Defense: 28
Special Attack: 21-24
Special Defense: 31
Speed: 20

The speed IV is kind of disappointing, but I wanted to ask if this Gible was worth keeping and if it could do well for the PWT. Thanks.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I have a quick question and it would be great if people could give their opinions. I beat Black Tower and I was resetting for a jolly nature for the shiny Gible and I was wondering if these IVs were good enough for things like PWT and Battle Subway. I only play in-game, but since the people in those battle institutions have perfect IVs and are EV trained, I would appreciate some feedback.

Gible Jolly Nature. IVs:

HP: 27-30
Attack: 30-31
Defense: 28
Special Attack: 21-24
Special Defense: 31
Speed: 20

The speed IV is kind of disappointing, but I wanted to ask if this Gible was worth keeping and if it could do well for the PWT. Thanks.

Higher speed would obviously be preferred (I would personally aim for a 31 in Speed), but you could probably have success with what you've got now. I have some Emerald-born Pokemon on my W2 with less than ideal Speed IVs, and they've done fine in the PWT/Subway for the most part.

But really, you'll just have to ask yourself whether you're willing to keep on resetting or whether you would just rather stop and keep what you've got. It's entirely up to you.

24karat

Higher speed would obviously be preferred (I would personally aim for a 31 in Speed), but you could probably have success with what you've got now. I have some Emerald-born Pokemon on my W2 with less than ideal Speed IVs, and they've done fine in the PWT/Subway for the most part.

But really, you'll just have to ask yourself whether you're willing to keep on resetting or whether you would just rather stop and keep what you've got. It's entirely up to you.

Thank you for the reply. I did get a Gible with 31 IVs in speed several times, but their other IVs were pitiful to say the least. I try to get Pokemon with minimum 25 IVs in speed, but I'm hesitating on this one because its other stats are rather impressive. I could breed, but then I would lose the shiny. I don't mind resetting, but I'm just wondering if from an objective standpoint if this Gible's other stats compensate somewhat for its below average speed IV and if it is worth keeping considering I'm not going to battle online or anything like that.

Tyshadonyx

Hello World
Thank you for the reply. I did get a Gible with 31 IVs in speed several times, but their other IVs were pitiful to say the least. I try to get Pokemon with minimum 25 IVs in speed, but I'm hesitating on this one because its other stats are rather impressive. I could breed, but then I would lose the shiny. I don't mind resetting, but I'm just wondering if from an objective standpoint if this Gible's other stats compensate somewhat for its below average speed IV and if it is worth keeping considering I'm not going to battle online or anything like that.

If you dont plan to use it online, I think its viable to be used in-game, especially with fab IVs in its defences. A scarfed Garchomp can be a remedy to your woes if you are especially worried about the speed thing, if you dont mind the attack-lock. You can also breed it with it holding a power bracer to pass down the attack IV to its kid for a flawless 'Chomp.

Anywayz,
Q) My poke stopped eating Qualot Berry aftr just one. Does it mean its friendship has maxed or it has no EVs in Defence left?
It has 112 Ev in Special Attack, and 82 in Speed. Reached the Subway.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Anywayz,
Q) My poke stopped eating Qualot Berry aftr just one. Does it mean its friendship has maxed or it has no EVs in Defence left?
It has 112 Ev in Special Attack, and 82 in Speed. Reached the Subway.

I'm assuming you're getting the "it won't have any effect" message when you try to give your Pokemon another Qualot Berry? If so, that means that your Pokemon's friendship is maxed out AND it has zero EVs in Defence.

24karat

If you dont plan to use it online, I think its viable to be used in-game, especially with fab IVs in its defences. A scarfed Garchomp can be a remedy to your woes if you are especially worried about the speed thing, if you dont mind the attack-lock. You can also breed it with it holding a power bracer to pass down the attack IV to its kid for a flawless 'Chomp.

I know the people in PWT/Battle Subway have flawless IVs and are EV trained, but does anyone know what natures they have? With Garchomp being Jolly, it would mean they would need a speed boosting nature to outspeed Garchomp for the base 100s Pokemon. Thanks for the scarf suggestion. I was going for a SD Garchomp to just sweep, but I might have to adjust if it constantly gets outsped. I did consider breeding it by finding a Ditto with 31 IVs in speed and get perfect IVs for its attack and speed, but then the offspring won't be shiny. I know there isn't really a difference because they almost look identical, but I just like the novelty I suppose.

Tyshadonyx

Hello World
I'm assuming you're getting the "it won't have any effect" message when you try to give your Pokemon another Qualot Berry? If so, that means that your Pokemon's friendship is maxed out AND it has zero EVs in Defence.

Yes, I think so that was the wording, but would like to beleive its not coz its Return is still weak. :/
M gonna try the other berries I get today as well as the Beauty Salon makeup Kalosian mentioned a few posts earlier. Sigh... JA is sooooo expensive. I lost all of my bucks on the power lunch in the Cafe and only just remembered that you get power anklet in that petlil trade just before... -_-

Q) Also, can i know just how early i can get herbal meds for a safety net? And, if my pokemon faint in Subway battles, does that count as decreasing friendship?

at 24karat,
I dont think so that the natures have been discovered yet, or I would have seen them in the PWT thread (which unfortunately is now closed). You shouldnt have too much problem with that Garchomp, SRing for otherwise would take too long. What you should be worried about I think is the hax-abuse. :/ There's sooo much of it!! My 90% accuracy leaf tornado missed three times in a row! And the twice acc reduced Kling klang managed to hit me without ever missing a beat right on my 21st streak! Talk about bad luck.

Last edited:

Takeshii

If I am looking to complete the Pokedex on White 2 what are my options? I have Diamond, FireRed and HeartGold so there's some help if I were to transfer some Pokemon from those versions upwards, but I wouldn't be able to trade them back, right?

The online functionalities of White 2 has also been discontinued so no help there either. I'm really sad about that considering they were released in 2012.

I can't trade from Y or Omega Ruby either as far as I remember.

I really want to be able to shiny hunt a bit easier on White 2 with the Shiny Charm. Maybe even soft reset on a few legendaries.

Aquarelle

Staff member
If I am looking to complete the Pokedex on White 2 what are my options? I have Diamond, FireRed and HeartGold so there's some help if I were to transfer some Pokemon from those versions upwards, but I wouldn't be able to trade them back, right?

The online functionalities of White 2 has also been discontinued so no help there either. I'm really sad about that considering they were released in 2012.

I can't trade from Y or Omega Ruby either as far as I remember.

I really want to be able to shiny hunt a bit easier on White 2 with the Shiny Charm. Maybe even soft reset on a few legendaries.

Your options would be:

-transferring from previous generations. This is a one-way transfer so you would NOT be able to return your Pokemon back to their original games.
-local wireless trading with other copies of BW & BW2 still works perfectly fine.
-there's also the 3DS Dream Radar app that can send Pokemon to your game, though you don't necessarily need it if you can get its Pokemon through trades/transfers
-then of course just catching as many Pokemon as possible in your game.

Pokemon cannot be sent from XY/ORAS back to previous gens, so the above options are pretty much it.

Last edited:

Tyshadonyx

Hello World
Can anyone help me here? I want an opinion,
I recently bred two Snivys from a box of 50 for PWT.
Their Ivs are as follows-

S2: 24-25, 10-11, 26-27, 31, 30, 27, Superior potential

K15: 8-9, 30, 26-27, 31, 31, 29, outstanding potential.

Which one do you think would be more better to train? I am almost set on the first one coz the second one has really lousy HP Ivs. Also, its going to be a special sweeping Snivy.

Thank You.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Second one has better sp.atk and speed given you're going for sweeping it would be ideal.

Both of their IV's are trash but the second one has way more to offer imo.

Tyshadonyx

Hello World
Second one has better sp.atk and speed given you're going for sweeping it would be ideal.

Both of their IV's are trash but the second one has way more to offer imo.

Hmmm, well they both have identical defence, Special Attack, and Special defence Ivs. Attack isnt needed, so speed and Hp...

Also they have been bred from a Serperior who has max IVs in A, SA and SD, but 0 in Speed. So how do you get perfect breed in 5th gen anywayz? Destiny knot doesnt work here as far as I know..

Takeshii

-local wireless trading with other copies of BW & BW2 still works perfectly fine.
Oh, I didn't know you could do that. I have thought about getting a hold of one more game. And I have a Nintendo DS Lite + my main Nintendos 3DS. Not sure if I should get Black, Black 2 or White though.

So Reshiram and Zekrom can't be found shiny by SR'ing? How about Kyurem? Any other legendaries that can't be found shiny? I'm playing White 2, by the way. I'd ask in the Legendary thread, but it's closed.

Aquarelle

Staff member
So Reshiram and Zekrom can't be found shiny by SR'ing? How about Kyurem? Any other legendaries that can't be found shiny? I'm playing White 2, by the way. I'd ask in the Legendary thread, but it's closed.
The main site's shiny page has a list of shiny locked legendaries by game at the bottom. According to the list, Reshiram and Zekrom are the only legends catchable in BW2 that cannot be shiny.

Tyshadonyx

Hello World
Can someone please answer my questions? I have tried to find them online but to no avail.

1-Is the HA Eevee available ingame male-locked? The guides and community seem to have differing opinions on this with some claiming it male-locked and some saying female is available (bulbapedia shows the female icon). Has anyone ever got a female Eevee?

2- Is there any specific trigger of the self spawning items like tiny/big mushrooms, balmmushrooms and heartscales in the over-world? (Not hidden groves) Like a step counter or time counter?

3- How often do the gym-leaders visit Join Avenue?

Aquarelle

Staff member
2- Is there any specific trigger of the self spawning items like tiny/big mushrooms, balmmushrooms and heartscales in the over-world? (Not hidden groves) Like a step counter or time counter?

3- How often do the gym-leaders visit Join Avenue?

I tried looking for specific answers to these questions but couldn't find any either. Everything I read gave vague answers like "items occasionally respawn" or "Gym Leaders sometimes visit". Nothing more specific than that. :/

These are what my experiences have been like:
I have noticed items like the mushrooms and Heart Scales respawning on my W2 before, but I don't know what causes them to respawn. All I know is that every once in a while, they come back.

When it comes to Join Avenue, I'd get Gym Leaders visiting A LOT when I was playing this game on a daily basis. I seemed to get a Gym Leader visit nearly every day once my JA's level grew pretty high (don't know if the level actually affects the odds or not). I think I was just pretty lucky with Gym Leader visits, though, since other people don't seem to get Gym Leaders nearly as often as I did.

I don't know how helpful any of this is...I guess the only other thing I can say is to just keep checking Join Avenue & places where items can respawn on a regular basis and hope for the best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.