• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BellspproutMan

Well, for Black and White 2, there will be a Keldeo event, like the Victini event for Black and Whit I belive. I am not sure about Genosect and Melotta. Hope I helped :D

gliscor&yanmega

I'm a little confused. How do you connect BW to BW2 via Memory Link and how do you access those scenes like they ones with the gym leaders.

Also, how harder is challenge mode? it is just higher levels?

I believe there is an option to connect the games for Memory Link. The main site says it's done via Wirless or WiFi and both games need you to use Game Sync(Not sure if the Game Sync is referring to Wireless and WiFi or just WiFi). As for the flashbacks, I believe once you do activate Memory Link you just talk to certain characters and the flashback will trigger.

As for Challenge Mode, Gym Leaders all get an additional Pokemon(In Burgh's case he replaces his Swadloon and gets another Pokemon), the Elite Four as well get an additional Pokemon(Not sure if there is any replacements though). Along with the extra Pokemon for them, they gain levels for their Pokemon(The levels go up as you advance I believe, I think it goes up by 1 for every two Gym Leaders(So +1 to 4 levels) the Elite Four and Iris have +4 too I believe), trainers also gain levels I believe, apparently after defeating Iris everything is +5 levels. There's also move changes and items being given in certain cases, not sure about the Trainers but any unique spirit I think for the most part gets an item and a move change here and there. The artificial intelligent is supposedly higher too for everyone I believe. So it's certainly more challenging, kind of hard to say how harder as the games are adjustable to start off with, but you should end up with more work on your hands doing Challenge Mode.

de_darkrai

I believe there is an option to connect the games for Memory Link. The main site says it's done via Wirless or WiFi and both games need you to use Game Sync(Not sure if the Game Sync is referring to Wireless and WiFi or just WiFi). As for the flashbacks, I believe once you do activate Memory Link you just talk to certain characters and the flashback will trigger.

As for Challenge Mode, Gym Leaders all get an additional Pokemon(In Burgh's case he replaces his Swadloon and gets another Pokemon), the Elite Four as well get an additional Pokemon(Not sure if there is any replacements though). Along with the extra Pokemon for them, they gain levels for their Pokemon(The levels go up as you advance I believe, I think it goes up by 1 for every two Gym Leaders(So +1 to 4 levels) the Elite Four and Iris have +4 too I believe), trainers also gain levels I believe, apparently after defeating Iris everything is +5 levels. There's also move changes and items being given in certain cases, not sure about the Trainers but any unique spirit I think for the most part gets an item and a move change here and there. The artificial intelligent is supposedly higher too for everyone I believe. So it's certainly more challenging, kind of hard to say how harder as the games are adjustable to start off with, but you should end up with more work on your hands doing Challenge Mode.

Yup,you need to talk to certain character and the flashback will be triggered.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I've been looking up Memory Link on the main site, but I'm still not 100% sure how it works. Is it anything like mixing records in gneration v if you have a BW1 & BW2 game & 2 DSs?

BurningWhiteKyurem

I've been looking up Memory Link on the main site, but I'm still not 100% sure how it works. Is it anything like mixing records in gneration v if you have a BW1 & BW2 game & 2 DSs?

It's close to mixing records, but different in the sense that you have 2 DS with BW1 and BW2 and you send information from the first game over to the second via Wi-Fi or local wireless. Doing so unlocks the story gaps from BW1 as well as the 2 years that was left unknown to us.

Here are instructions
Go to Download Software in the system with Black/White and in Black 2/White 2 go to the Memory Link.
In Memory Link select the Wireless option and it will emit a signal for the other DS to receive the software.
Accept everything the DS's tells you to do and in a few seconds your Black 2/White 2 will be updated the following:

The protagonist's name from Black/White is referenced in a few cutscenes only available by doing this.
Event battles.
Characters reference the original protagonist in the game apart from the other exclusive cutscenes.
Musical Props you got in Black/White get transferred over.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
It's close to mixing records, but different in the sense that you have 2 DS with BW1 and BW2 and you send information from the first game over to the second via Wi-Fi or local wireless. Doing so unlocks the story gaps from BW1 as well as the 2 years that was left unknown to us.

Here are instructions

Thanks. Is it possible to memory link before gettin all 8 badges in BW2?

Ryuu-Anima

Sera Kureseria
Hi there, quick trading question. At least, I hope it's quick.

I want to have an Absol on my team in White2, but it's not available for a long time in-game. I can breed it on my White1 game, but I don't want to have it gain the trade bonus when it's in White2. My question is, can an egg be traded for a non-egg, and if not, when can I get to the Daycare Center and breed in White2?

I've only ever done trades for things like evolutions and version exclusives before, never for eggs, so I don't know if the spin trade is the only way to trade Eggs, having never used it before.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner

I want to have an Absol on my team in White2, but it's not available for a long time in-game. I can breed it on my White1 game, but I don't want to have it gain the trade bonus when it's in White2. My question is, can an egg be traded for a non-egg, and if not, when can I get to the Daycare Center and breed in White2?

I've only ever done trades for things like evolutions and version exclusives before, never for eggs, so I don't know if the spin trade is the only way to trade Eggs, having never used it before.

Yes, you can trade an egg for an egg, an egg for a non-egg, and a non-egg for a non-egg.
The egg that you get from trading will have your OT if it's hatched in your game, so it doesn't matter if it was made in another game.

And the Day-Care center is in the same place as it was in Black and White. You can breed once you beat the Pokémon League and you go there. :)

BurningWhiteKyurem

I do believe you can trade an egg for a non-egg Pokemon, that way when it hatches, you get the W2 OT instead of W1 OT. If that doesn't work, Day Care isn't accessible until post-game in BW2 unfortunately.

R_N

A set of questions to those that have messed around with the Entralink:
1. Do you gain the Black/White levels through Fes missions? Or are the old style missions still around
2. Do you still earn the levels even if it's just you?
3. Do you get different amount of levels based on the mission?
4. In BW1, if you completed 6 missions you could get 6 levels of the opposite color in addition to the normal 1 color point. Is this still true in BW2?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Are Relic Path and Relic Castle accessible before you defeat Clay?

Nope. A small part of the Relic Path is accessible before Clay (via Castelia Sewers) but the path that leads to Relic Castle isn't accessible until you defeat Clay.

This is because the path in Relic Path that leads to Relic Castle is accessed via PWT, and the PWT itself won't be accessible until Clay is defeated.

Ryuu-Anima

Sera Kureseria
I do believe you can trade an egg for a non-egg Pokemon, that way when it hatches, you get the W2 OT instead of W1 OT. If that doesn't work, Day Care isn't accessible until post-game in BW2 unfortunately.

Yes, you can trade an egg for an egg, an egg for a non-egg, and a non-egg for a non-egg.
The egg that you get from trading will have your OT if it's hatched in your game, so it doesn't matter if it was made in another game.

And the Day-Care center is in the same place as it was in Black and White. You can breed once you beat the Pokémon League and you go there. :)

thanks, folks! I figured that the Daycare was a post-game feature, which is depressing, but not unheard of. So now once I get my game, all i have to do is find someone in my dorm with a DS that I can borrow to do an egg/non-egg trade! Huzzah!

(I mostly wasn't sure if the wireless spin trade feature was the only way to trade eggs. So glad to hear it isn't.)

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
About the Memory Link feature:

1. Do you have to Game Sync the games at the same time for it to work?

2. Can you do it multiple times in case you didn't get everything the first time?

de_darkrai

You only do once.

Status
Not open for further replies.