• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
3- Is it just me encountering this problem or does the Pokemon Global Link website still pop up as 'under maintenance' for anyone else aswell?

everyone else sees the same thing. It's still under maintenance for some reason.

Anyway, regarding the Keys. I forgot one thing, can we send/receive them through Wi-Fi or is it local wireless only?

R_N

everyone else sees the same thing. It's still under maintenance for some reason.

Anyway, regarding the Keys. I forgot one thing, can we send/receive them through Wi-Fi or is it local wireless only?

Local wireless
Only local wireless

Gamefreak gonna game

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner

Yeah, like R_N said, only through local wireless and infrared. It's to promote face-to-face interaction, I guess.

Bad_Apple!!

Ghost Fiend
Any idea if the collectors edition strategy guide will include a PokéDex? It's over 400 pages, so it's possible, but I wanted to know before I make my decision.

I know the PokéDex book will also be out on the same day (and a PokéDex book is essentially what I want most), but I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for something cool as long as it had what I wanted to begin with.

But I also know the collector's edition comes with a post-story guide, and that would be pretty cool to have as well...

... Yeah, I know there's lots of free guides online, but I just love collecting these books >_<

x.a.x

Psychic Master
I'd like to know if I can get the hard mode form Japanese Pokemon Black 2

to English Pokemon White 2 and how ?

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
Just wondering with the 1000 people on C-Gear medal, Rush Hour (Now known as Heavy Traffic), if it's 1000 different people or it's like Streetpass where it'll count towards the medal if you pass by them the next day and so on. That also applies to the 30 Passersby and 100 Passersby medals as well.

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
I'd like to know if I can get the hard mode form Japanese Pokemon Black 2

to English Pokemon White 2 and how ?

Yes, you can. You have to have someone with Black 2 who beat the game share their Challenge Key with your White 2 game via local wireless. It's a menu option before you select your file.

Grafx

just picked up my copy yesterday! weeee pretty excited to get started. Some guy was selling them locally when i went into pre-order (indy shop) and he had them already and just sold me one. I chose white 2. The game is awesome so far, I do have previous white, but it's nice to start fresh and anew

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Any idea if the collectors edition strategy guide will include a PokéDex? It's over 400 pages, so it's possible, but I wanted to know before I make my decision.

I know the PokéDex book will also be out on the same day (and a PokéDex book is essentially what I want most), but I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for something cool as long as it had what I wanted to begin with.

But I also know the collector's edition comes with a post-story guide, and that would be pretty cool to have as well...

... Yeah, I know there's lots of free guides online, but I just love collecting these books >_<

I'm wondering this as well. I pre ordered it with my 2 versions on amazon. The original black and white collector's strategy guide had one. I also noticed that it's more expensive because it's a hard cover.

poke_girl

The Amazing
What I am wondering is, if White 2 has challenge mode unlocked... can it send that to Black 2?

I'm guessing this is one those "nobody knows" things..?
I mean like, if Black 2 has sent challenge mode to White 2 at some point, but then later someone else would like challenge mode on their game... can white 2 send challenge mode? Or can white 2 only ever send easy mode?

Yes, you can. You have to have someone with Black 2 who beat the game share their Challenge Key with your White 2 game via local wireless. It's a menu option before you select your file.

Is it sent by wireless then? I thought it was IR.

Last edited:
I just want to make sure I've understood the Challenge mode key connectivity correctly.

I have to know someone who has completed Black 2 and unlocked the mode key, and then - using IR (???) get them to send over the key to my game.

This is frustrating to say the least. I think everyone is happy we have the possibility to play a more challenging Pokemon game but at this rate, It's such an awkward way of getting it I won't bother.

I'm excited for the games but this is disappointing.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yeah, like R_N said, only through local wireless and infrared. It's to promote face-to-face interaction, I guess.

Dang. That kind of stinks for anyone who might not know of people they can play against in game. Planning on getting Black version when I can along with a 3ds, so I won't have too much of a problem there, but I don't envy anyone who might not be able to do that.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I just want to make sure I've understood the Challenge mode key connectivity correctly.

I have to know someone who has completed Black 2 and unlocked the mode key, and then - using IR (???) get them to send over the key to my game.

This is frustrating to say the least. I think everyone is happy we have the possibility to play a more challenging Pokemon game but at this rate, It's such an awkward way of getting it I won't bother.

I'm excited for the games but this is disappointing.

Yeah... in my opinion, implementing the difficulty modes may be a step in the right direction, but it's ultimately worse off than not implementing difficulty modes at all. :/

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I'm guessing this is one those "nobody knows" things..?
I mean like, if Black 2 has sent challenge mode to White 2 at some point, but then later someone else would like challenge mode on their game... can white 2 send challenge mode? Or can white 2 only ever send easy mode?

This has been discussed before, actually. Though I forgot where.

White 2 cannot send the Challenge Mode Key, and Black 2 cannot send the Easy Mode Key. This is because you're just borrowing the keys, not obtaining them.

White 2 never owns the key for Challenge Mode, it just borrow the key from Black 2 so it can unlock the mode, then returns the key back to Black 2.
Same goes for Black 2 and the Easy Mode.

And yes, the one that's getting sent around is the key, not the mode itself. That's why the animation for unlocking a mode is a key literally unlocking a padlock.
This also applies to any other key-related stuffs, such as White Forest/Black City, and the Registeel/Regice room.

mew92

Just wondering with the 1000 people on C-Gear medal, Rush Hour (Now known as Heavy Traffic), if it's 1000 different people or it's like Streetpass where it'll count towards the medal if you pass by them the next day and so on. That also applies to the 30 Passersby and 100 Passersby medals as well.

yeah i wanna know this too...can you go on wifi (not local) to do funfest mission with 30 people to get the medal...

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Were any of the miscellaneous glitches of BW2 fixed (like the surfable tile at Pokéstar Studios and Flying with variable-scored music in effect)?

mew92

It's still down for me... maybe it'll be back up for me tomorrow, though. Who knows? :)

Wow thats really strange... after it went live about 2 hours ago...i even used it with my pokemon black and white...and im using the US version pokemon global link :/ and its still live the moment i post this...

Status
Not open for further replies.