• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
and yes it says on seribi that u can find eevee in Castelia City on 3rd floor but that doesnt work for me either...

That's because it's a post-game event.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner

Ashyam

Hi everyone! :D

So... Black & White are the first generation of Pokémon games which I let pass, that is, I didn't buy (nor play) the games. Not only that, I managed to keep myself almost completely spoiler-free about everything related to the games and this part of the series. I don't even know what most of this generation's Pokémon are. Same for the in-game plot (I just know the general idea). Bottom line is I know basically as much as everyone knew when the first info on B&W started to get through. Same thing for B&W2: I just know that something big happened and now Unova is covered in... ice? I tried to keep myself spoiler-free because even though I haven't played B&W so far, when I eventually brought myself to do it, I still wanted to play it as it was first intended to, that is, as if we were playing Pokémon for the first time, with new Pokémon and characters and plot and everything... And this time I don't want to let it pass again! :D

So my question is: do you think it'll be OK for me to play B&W2 even though I didn't play (and know almost nothing about) B&W? Will I still get the story and the context? I ask this because I don't know if B&W2 will be like other Pokémon games where references to previous games are made, which allow for the player to still get the context of the story even if he/she never played the previous ones... I'm also asking this now because B&W2 is already out in Japan and I assume many people around here already know maybe enough about the game to perhaps shed some light over my question :)

Oh, and if anyone answers me, please try to keep spoilers out! :)

Thanks in advance, and sorry for any wrong or confusing English...!

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Short answer: I'd recommend playing Black or White first, then the sequel matching the version you played.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
I mean, BW2 is literally a sequel to BW1. The storyline continues through, so yes, I would personally recommend you play BW1 and then BW2.

Aegon

Obviously, it'd make for a richer experience if you played BW first. However, one could easily play BW2 without any knowledge of BW's storyline. There are reference to BW in BW2, of course, but they won't heavily harm your playthrough. It really doesn't matter whether you play the respective sequel or not.

Vandslaux

If I use Memory Link with my Black and White, will the people I've traded with on those games come to my Join Avenue?

Vandslaux

I am currently taking on the White Hollow. I just passed floor 6. I don't know how much higher this team can take. Gliscor and Houndoom are traded, and Zoroark is N's Zoroark. Any suggestions?

Cincinno lv 75 Tail Slap, Rock Blast, Bullet Seed, Wake-up Slap, Skill Link
Samurott lv 74 Surf, Waterfall, Cut, Aqua Jet
Gliscor lv 74 Strength, Swords Dance, Sky Uppercut, Acrobatics, Poison Heal but I lack a Toxic Orb
Houndoom lv 74 Dark Pulse, Sucker Punch, Flamethrower, HP Grass, Flash Fire
Zoroark lv 73 Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot, Night Daze, Night Slash (I can't find the Flamethrower TM)
Lucario lv 73 Close Combat, Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, ExtremeSpeed, Inner Focus

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Samurott lv 74 Surf, Waterfall, Cut, Aqua Jet

eww. Water + Normal has a wide coverage, but that doesn't mean they're the only moves to have.
I assume Surf + Waterfall is for traveling purpose, so replace Cut with Return and Aqua Jet with something else like Revenge/Superpower, Grass Knot, or Megahorn. Preferably Revenge/Superpower, for coverage.

Gliscor lv 74 Strength, Swords Dance, Sky Uppercut, Acrobatics, Poison Heal but I lack a Toxic Orb

Toxic Orb is in the basement of Rebirth Mountain.....or was that Black 2 only?
Also, Earthquake instead of Strength. You should already pushed all the rocks down the hole by now, which means Strength is now useless.
And if you want to use a Toxic Orb, then Aerial Ace is better than Acrobatics, since it's rare to see your opponent using Knock Off or Trick.

Zoroark lv 73 Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot, Night Daze, Night Slash (I can't find the Flamethrower TM)

TM35 Flamethrower is in a house in Route 23, talk to the man inside.
Also, it's better to replace one of the attacking Dark move with Low Sweep, the TM is somewhere within Wellspring Cave.
IMO, replace Night Slash with Flamethrower, and replace Dark Pulse with Low Sweep.

Also, shouldn't that post go to the team discussion thread instead? :p

Mars91

Hi! I've been looking all around and I can't find the Hidden Power Checker. Can anyone tell me his/her location?
Thank you!

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Hi! I've been looking all around and I can't find the Hidden Power Checker. Can anyone tell me his/her location?
Thank you!

The Hidden Power checker is one of the people standing in the little booths outside of the PWT building. :)

Curvee

|-PokemonMaster-|
Hello everyone~ !! :3 I had a question concerning Reshiram and Zekrom~ Is it still impossible to find them as shinies or was the shiny lock lifted~ ? o ^ o I wanted to ask just to make sure so I wouldn't waste my time on it in my next playthrough~ Thank you to anyone who helps me~ !! Please only answer If you really /DO/ know~

Lady Ariel

Event Collector
How do you change the opponent's ability in the Ghost Eraser series movie 4?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
How do you change the opponent's ability in the Ghost Eraser series movie 4?

....using Cofagrigus is the only thing I can think of. Demon's attacks (Dual Chop and Knock Off) are both contact moves, which would activate Mummy.
That's the only way I can see, since none of the other rental Pokemon we get for Ghost Eraser 4 can change opponent's ability in any way.

Hello everyone~ !! :3 I had a question concerning Reshiram and Zekrom~ Is it still impossible to find them as shinies or was the shiny lock lifted~ ? o ^ o I wanted to ask just to make sure so I wouldn't waste my time on it in my next playthrough~ Thank you to anyone who helps me~ !! Please only answer If you really /DO/ know~

The shiny lock is still there. However, Kyurem has no shiny lock, making it possible to have a Shiny Black/White Kyurem.

Status
Not open for further replies.