• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

....using Cofagrigus is the only thing I can think of. Demon's attacks (Dual Chop and Knock Off) are both contact moves, which would activate Mummy.
That's the only way I can see, since none of the other rental Pokemon we get for Ghost Eraser 4 can change opponent's ability in any way.

...Octilerry has Soak

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
...Octilerry has Soak

....Soak changes Type, not Ability. But yeah, it works too, since with Soak the Demon now takes SE damage from Octillery's Charge Beam and Energy Ball.

Nintendan

grama god
So this is a bit of a silly question, but I'd be grateful is someone could be me a simple answer.

I'm debating on which version to get. I started with Black Version, so I want to get the sequel for it, but I'm confused by the boxart. You see, Black version had Reshiram on it's cover, whom you caught, but Black 2 (the supposed sequel) has Black Kyurem on it.
Basically what I'm asking is: Is Black 2 the actual sequel to Black? Because the way Reshiram and Black Kyurem are on these box arts really confuses me.
Stupid question, but I'm unsure of it. That's all.

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
So this is a bit of a silly question, but I'd be grateful is someone could be me a simple answer.

I'm debating on which version to get. I started with Black Version, so I want to get the sequel for it, but I'm confused by the boxart. You see, Black version had Reshiram on it's cover, whom you caught, but Black 2 (the supposed sequel) has Black Kyurem on it.
Basically what I'm asking is: Is Black 2 the actual sequel to Black? Because the way Reshiram and Black Kyurem are on these box arts really confuses me.

Gonna try to avoid spoilers, but the cover Pokémon for B2W2 depends on the dragon that N received in the previous game. So yes, Reshiram is on Black's cover, but Black Kyurem is on Black 2's cover because N received Zekrom in the original Black. So yes, Black 2 is the sequel to Black. I hope this makes sense, it was confusing to me before I first played, too.

Vandslaux

I'm shaking patch hunting to complete a living dex, and I'm doing it in Pinwheel Forest with Cheren. I've encounted a Pansear and Slaking. I've KOed all of Cheren's pokemon. Which should I kill so I can catch the other one? I'd assume Pansear, since 10%>5%, but I need second opinions.

Aegon

I'm shaking patch hunting to complete a living dex, and I'm doing it in Pinwheel Forest with Cheren. I've encounted a Pansear and Slaking. I've KOed all of Cheren's pokemon. Which should I kill so I can catch the other one? I'd assume Pansear, since 10%>5%, but I need second opinions.
Well, you could just evolve a Vigoroth (which has a 15% encounter rate in normal and double grass) to get Slaking. Pansear, meanwhile, is only available in shaking spots with a 10% encounter rate. I'd catch Pansear.

Vandslaux

Thanks, though I just caught the Slaking and found another Pansear 3 shaking patches later.

All I need now in Pinwheel Forest is Scolipede.

Edit: lol, right after posting this, next shaking patch I find a Scolipede.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

They switched mascots for BW2. So Reshiram is catchable in Black and White 2, while Zekrom is catchable in White and Black 2. If you want Zekrom, get Black 2 (this is probably the reason they recommended sticking with whatever version you got in BW1), but if you don't care, it's your choice.

latios reborn

Where are the Regi's hiding?
Is it the ruins in the Desert near Nimbassa or am I in the wrong area?

Aquarelle

Staff member
Where are the Regi's hiding?
Is it the ruins in the Desert near Nimbassa or am I in the wrong area?

Regirock/steel/ice are found in the Underground Ruins, which are accessible from Clay Road (you can enter Clay Road from the northern part of Driftveil; it's a cave). Regigigas is found in Twist Mountain (need the other 3 Regis to get it).

The legendary Pokemon page on the main site tells you exactly what you need to do to get all the Regis.

Last edited:

de_darkrai

May I ask about the Pokedex again?

I've completed all of them. but not all of 'em were caught by me,is that matter to get the round and shining chasm?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
May I ask about the Pokedex again?

I've completed all of them. but not all of 'em were caught by me,is that matter to get the round and shining chasm?

It's fine. What really matters is the Pokedex data -- you should have seen and caught all of them regardless of how you obtained them.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

That won't matter, especially since it's impossible to have them all caught by ourselves anyway.

Victini for example, since it is not in B/W 2, the only way to get one would be from an event, or trade one from B/W.
Zekrom/Reshiram, depending on which one you play, is also impossible to obtain in the game, which means it also requires trading or an event.

Then there are other stuffs that are obviously event-only, like Jirachi and Celebi.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
What are the new places

There is:

Aspertia City, Sangi Town, Sangi Ranch, Oath Woods, Virbank City, Virbank Complex, Castelia Sewers, Castelia Park, Clay Road, Yamaji Town, Reverse Mountain, Marine Tube, Seaside Cave, a new Victory Road and Nature Sanctuary.

New routes: Route 19, Route 20, Route 21, Route 22 and Route 23.

Ammako

That won't matter, especially since it's impossible to have them all caught by ourselves anyway.

Victini for example, since it is not in B/W 2, the only way to get one would be from an event, or trade one from B/W.
Zekrom/Reshiram, depending on which one you play, is also impossible to obtain in the game, which means it also requires trading or an event.

Then there are other stuffs that are obviously event-only, like Jirachi and Celebi.

They probably don't require us to have event-only Pokémon for these rewards.
But yeah, version exclusives and all.

de_darkrai

It's fine. What really matters is the Pokedex data -- you should have seen and caught all of them regardless of how you obtained them.

Talk to the Professor,and nothing happenned~

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Talk to the Professor,and nothing happenned~

To get the Round Charm, you have to have obtained all Unova Dex Pokémon. For the Shiny Charm, you have to have caught all national dex Pokémon with the exception of Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Genesect, Keldeo, and Meloetta. There have been some videos floating around that show that Manaphy and Phione do need to be caught for the Shiny Charm, though.

As long as the "number obtained" in the Pokédex is 638, you should be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.