• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I don't believe so. I think you have to trade to see the evolutionary line of the third starter that neither you nor your rival picked. ):

Only the first Pokemon in that form.

Also, you need to trade for Buneary/Skitty and Vullaby/Rufflet, both of which only appear as wild Pokemon in the other version and remain absent from the trainer rosters. And probably Reshiram and Zekrom as well. Aside from the dragons, though, as long as you have access to the GTS, you'll be fine.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Only the first Pokemon in that form.

Also, you need to trade for Buneary/Skitty and Vullaby/Rufflet, both of which only appear as wild Pokemon in the other version and remain absent from the trainer rosters. And probably Reshiram and Zekrom as well. Aside from the dragons, though, as long as you have access to the GTS, you'll be fine.

Whoops. I forgot the words "the first form in".

Isn't there someone on the Plasma Frigate that shows you a picture of either or both Reshiram and Zekrom?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
There is indeed a person in the Frigate who will show you the pic of both Reshiram and Zekrom.
There is also an old man inside the house in Route 7 who will show you the pic of Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus, though not in their Therian Forme.

Also, regarding the unpicked third starter, the only form you'll ever see is the 1st stage, not the basic stage, not the 2nd stage. In other words, you'll only see Servine/Dewott/Pignite.

Anyway

- The free DW Eevee in Castelia, can it be female?
- Has anyone here figured out how to obtain the Dirty Handkerchief item, and what we will get as a reward if we returned it to its owner?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Also, regarding the unpicked third starter, the only form you'll ever see is the 1st stage, not the basic stage, not the 2nd stage. In other words, you'll only see Servine/Dewott/Pignite.

*double checks Pokedex page* Not unless you use Memory Link, then you'll see it on Bianca's roster.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
*double checks Pokedex page* Not unless you use Memory Link, then you'll see it on Bianca's roster.

ah yeah, I completely forgot about Cheren & Bianca's team via the Memory Link :p

Floette

Fennekin
Is anyone aware of how long it takes to complete 1 SR for a starter in BW2? I heard it took slightly less time than it does in BW.

Pokéfan Norway

How easy is it to get the ticket to the Nature Sanctuary?
I've heard that you need to have seen all the Pokémon in the Unova Pokédex, apart from Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect. Is that correct?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
How easy is it to get the ticket to the Nature Sanctuary?
I've heard that you need to have seen all the Pokémon in the Unova Pokédex, apart from Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect. Is that correct?

We were just discussing this in the last few posts. Basically, there's a few Pokemon you have to trade for, but as long as you have the GTS, you'll be fine. The rest can be seen or caught somewhere.

Darkrai1117

Fear the night...
Does anyone know if the encounter rates for the Pokemon found in the Hidden Hollows have their own percentage encounter? I get the 20% chance of there being a Pokemon, but then are there percentages on top of that? I have been searching the Route 18 Hollow and have not seen a Dragonite over 3 hours. In the same context, I have only seen Medicham in the Pinwheel Forest exterior Hollow.

miker313

I wanted to use a charmader starter for black 2 when it comes out. I have a charmander egg in pokemon black and I have two ds so i was wondering how far do I have to play in black 2 in order to be able to trade with black?

de_darkrai

Yup,IIRC. I need to trade more to meet that shiny ;(

ZeroxlxTolerance

Rookie Trainer
Ok, so i was wondering if the trade problem from from Black and White was fixed in the sequals? I.e. People asking for IMPOSSIBLE things like Lvl 5 Zekroms. This was rather annoying to me. :/

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I wanted to use a charmader starter for black 2 when it comes out. I have a charmander egg in pokemon black and I have two ds so i was wondering how far do I have to play in black 2 in order to be able to trade with black?

You can trade to and from Black and White 2 after you've beaten the first gym in the game.

Ok, so i was wondering if the trade problem from from Black and White was fixed in the sequals? I.e. People asking for IMPOSSIBLE things like Lvl 5 Zekroms. This was rather annoying to me. :/

Since the GTS's Pokémon-seeking system is organized by all Pokémon, then all levels, that unfortunately means that one can still ask for level 1 Garchomps and level 3 Shaymin. ):

ZeroxlxTolerance

Rookie Trainer
You can trade to and from Black and White 2 after you've beaten the first gym in the game.

Since the GTS's Pokémon-seeking system is organized by all Pokémon, then all levels, that unfortunately means that one can still ask for level 1 Garchomps and level 3 Shaymin. ):

Ok well at least i know now that the GTS is something i can just stay away from. ;;^_^

WarpAvP2

Myvotri Varefar
Question about the Wi-fi in this game:

I don't live in Japan, so what Wi-fi features are available?

Does Battle Subway finally allow 2v2 Wi-FI (Not in-fared, not local)
Is there anything else?

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
QDoes Battle Subway finally allow 2v2 Wi-FI (Not in-fared, not local)

As far as I'm aware, the Battle Subway is completely unchanged from Black & White. So if it wasn't in BW, it's not in B2W2.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Question about the Wi-fi in this game:

I don't live in Japan, so what Wi-fi features are available?

Does Battle Subway finally allow 2v2 Wi-FI (Not in-fared, not local)
Is there anything else?

It's Wi-Fi... meaning you are not restricted to wherever you are in the world.

If you own the Japanese version of the games, then all the Japanese Wi-Fi events, downloads, and other Wi-Fi features are available to you.
Of course, Wi-Fi battles and GTS are global.

WarpAvP2

Myvotri Varefar
It's Wi-Fi... meaning you are not restricted to wherever you are in the world.

If you own the Japanese version of the games, then all the Japanese Wi-Fi events, downloads, and other Wi-Fi features are available to you.
Of course, Wi-Fi battles and GTS are global.

I say I don't live in Japan because GF has their game designed so that you can locally join other players games like on the Passlink or whatever.
- and there's probably people all over streets, neighbors and such that play these games.

I live in WI, in an area where there's like not another DS within 100 miles.

I just want to play with friend, in like 2v2, without them being at my house, or a mile away.

Status
Not open for further replies.