• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky3000

dose anyone know the best and fastest way to get shards?

Adrix

@sparky3000:
Shine said:
Aside from dust clouds mentioned above, you also can try losing in the PWT (just pick the "Run" option to forfeit), you'll get 1 random shard as consolation prize.

Then there's also the Relic Path, in the lower level (the one with access to Relic Castle), there are small rocks that may regenerate their hidden shards.
There are 4 rocks in total, each has different kind of shard.

Of course there are also lots of shards spread in the whole unova region. You can collect them either by using the Dowsing Machine, or picking up corresponding "Itemballs". That's probably the fastest way to gather them up, however, most of the spots don't regenerate the shards, so this method offers you only a limited number of shards.
If you want to know their exact locations, go to serebii's main page and use the ItemDex.

@edit: tyranitarenthusiast:
I don't know what happens if you fuse a shiny Zekrom/Reshiram with a regular Kyurem, as it's not possible to get a shiny form of the first two mentioned, however, from what I've read in a gamefaqs.com topic, you can fuse a shiny Kyurem with a regular Zekrom/Reshiram, thus receiving a shiny Black Kyurem/White Kyurem.

Last edited:

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Well you don't have to if you don't want to. I mean the whole idea is that it's a flashback into the past events. It's entirely up to you if you want to be the same character it won't make anything different.

In the end I suppose it depends on how you want to experience the game. If you want to experience it as you the same guy from B/W who's returned to Unova to find out what happened you might want to keep your name or if you're like me you might want to pretend the character in Black and White was you're long time rival and you've come to the region to find out what happened to her.

I see. If I were the same guy from B/W who returned to Unova, then I may have a chance to find my long time rival. Right?

Floette

Fennekin
Do the version specific birds of Unova return to their routes every Tuesday/Thursday regardless of if you defeated/captured/encountered them the week before?

redroses

This is not really related to ingame help, but I didn't want to create an extra thread for my question.
I was wondering if an official guide book will be coming out for pokemon black 2 and white 2 again? I really hope so and thank you very much in advance for any info!

ToeyJoey

The Count
In Black/White there was a limit to the amount of numbers you could put in the title of a PC Box, this hampered those wishing to name their boxes 391-420, for example; if organising Pokemon by National Dex Order. Does this still exist in Black2/White2 or has the limit been removed?

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
In Black/White there was a limit to the amount of numbers you could put in the title of a PC Box, this hampered those wishing to name their boxes 391-420, for example; if organising Pokemon by National Dex Order. Does this still exist in Black2/White2 or has the limit been removed?

I'm pretty sure it's still in BW2. The number of characters that you can input for a box name in the Japanese games didn't change from BW to BW2, so I'm assuming that it doesn't change for the English games, either. (Really? You can't name a box "391-420"? It's only seven characters...)

ToeyJoey

The Count
If you try and type in "391-420" as a box name, you receive the error message "Numbers may contain only up to four digits."

rocky505

How do you get past area 7 in the white tree hollow? I've been stuck on this one for weeks.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
can someone link me a way of finding out the order that you can catch each pokemon and if some are only available after the elite four?

You can always use the Pokearth: http://serebii.net/pokearth/

or you can checkout the first post in the Expanded Pokedex thread. I made a list that shows the earliest locations where you can catch each Pokemon in the Unova Dex. Just click the 'Spoiler' button.

Rai1994

Pokémon Master!
To use Memory Link, do you need to use the same color prequel? Or can you use Black to Memory Link with White 2? I'm asking because I played Black on my first play through of Gen V, but I want to use White 2 as my "main" Pokémon game when they come out in the US.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
so....no one knows how to get the "Dirty Handkerchief" item and what we will get if we return it to its owner?

Also, the free DW Eevee in Castelia, can it be female?

Rai1994

Pokémon Master!
so....no one knows how to get the "Dirty Handkerchief" item and what we will get if we return it to its owner?

Also, the free DW Eevee in Castelia, can it be female?

I would assume the Eevee can be female, The Gift Pokémon page doesn't have a gender sign next to it's name, so I assume it means that the gender isn't pre-set.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.