• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I doubt the Liberty Ticket is even programmed into these games, so I would imagine Liberty Island is a no-go.

Can someone give me a rough appearance rate of Shards in dust clouds? I might want to use Serperior for a team, and I need a total of 14 Blue Shards to teach it Iron Tail and Aqua Tail. So yeah, I kind of want to know what I'm up against here.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Question: Is Liberty island is available in these games or only event and if so, how do we get there?

You can go to Liberty Garden as soon as you reach Castelia City. There's nothing much there, though.

Can someone give me a rough appearance rate of Shards in dust clouds? I might want to use Serperior for a team, and I need a total of 14 Blue Shards to teach it Iron Tail and Aqua Tail. So yeah, I kind of want to know what I'm up against here.

There is a chance of encountering a wild Pokémon in a dust cloud. The remaining percent is divided so that each of the four shard colors can appear.

Alternatively, you could just go to the PWT dome, enter in a tournament, and immediately forfeiting to receive a shard of a random color as a consolation prize.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
There is a chance of encountering a wild Pokémon in a dust cloud. The remaining percent is divided so that each of the four shard colors can appear.

Alternatively, you could just go to the PWT dome, enter in a tournament, and immediately forfeiting to receive a shard of a random color as a consolation prize.

What's the chance of wild Pokemon, then? I think I can figure it out from there. Wait... can't Stones appear in dust clouds, too?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
What's the chance of wild Pokemon, then? I think I can figure it out from there. Wait... can't Stones appear in dust clouds, too?

In BW, you can get evolution stones, all the gems, Hard, Oval and Everstone. Then some Pokemon. There's no definite encounter rate so you'll have to keep trying.

In BW2, you can only get shards, Dark, Ground, Poison and Steel gems, and the Everstone. So less items, meaning higher probability of Pokemon encounters...

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
In BW2, you can only get shards, Dark, Ground, Poison and Steel gems, and the Everstone. So less items, meaning higher probability of Pokemon encounters...

Less items doesn't necessarily mean a higher Pokémon encounter rate.

But what I find weird is the exclusivity of the items you can get from dust clouds. I've gotten plenty of Rock Gems in Twist Mountain and Electric Gems in Chargestone Cave.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
If you didn't get all the musical props in Black/White before transferring your save, can you find a way to obtain the missing items in Black 2 and White 2?

Blazios

If you didn't get all the musical props in Black/White before transferring your save, can you find a way to obtain the missing items in Black 2 and White 2?

I believe you can get all of them in the same way as in Black and White, including the 5 props from the old man in Opelucid.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
In BW2, you can only get shards, Dark, Ground, Poison and Steel gems, and the Everstone.

I'm very sure that is incorrect, you CAN get all kinds of gems from dust clouds in B/W 2.

But what I find weird is the exclusivity of the items you can get from dust clouds. I've gotten plenty of Rock Gems in Twist Mountain and Electric Gems in Chargestone Cave.

well, while I do get Electric Gems in Chargestone, I almost never get a Rock Gem in the Twist Mountain......

Blazios

I dunno... that's what Bulbapedia states: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Phenomena

Bulbapedia's article is incomplete, which it states at the top of the page, which is coupled with the incapability to assume things until someone's found the exact item themself (They refuse to acknowledge that Ash's Charizard is male, for example, because nobody on the show explicitly stated it, only heavily, heavily implied it).

Mokepon22

Quick question, if I get White 2 and do the key thing where I change White Forest to Black City and do the Tower challenge and beat Benga(Banjirou) will I recieve the shiny Gible or will it still be the shiny Dratini?

Do you have to wait until beating the E4 before being able to find/enter hidden grottos? Cause there is one on route 3 and the hidden grotto pokemon are lvl 55-60, so I can't imagine being able to catch hidden grotto pokemon after first starting the game..

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
You can go to Liberty Garden as soon as you reach Castelia City. There's nothing much there, though.

Except, of course the small victini reminiscing event if you had a liberty garden victini (which in my case thankfully, I have one. Sadly that isn't so for everyone.)

BTW, anybody figure out yet if it's possible to do memory link twice from one copy of either pokemon black or white?

Pspaans

X&Y Fan
Do you have to wait until beating the E4 before being able to find/enter hidden grottos? Cause there is one on route 3 and the hidden grotto pokemon are lvl 55-60, so I can't imagine being able to catch hidden grotto pokemon after first starting the game..
Route 3 is not reachable before the E4, so that's why the level's are so high on Route 3. I think you're able to find/enter them before beating the E4.

Shien

Hello!
Sorry to ask this but I read on serebii website that I can find an Eevee in Castelia City.
I'm not searching for the ones in the park but I'm searching for the gifted one.
I tried to talk to fennel and the 2 other people but nobody gave me the Eevee.
Do I have to wait later?
I just won the 3 badge and was going to route 4.
Thanks for your answer!

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Hello!
Sorry to ask this but I read on serebii website that I can find an Eevee in Castelia City.
I'm not searching for the ones in the park but I'm searching for the gifted one.
I tried to talk to fennel and the 2 other people but nobody gave me the Eevee.
Do I have to wait later?
I just won the 3 badge and was going to route 4.
Thanks for your answer!

I believe that one was an after E4 event.

Shien

I believe that one was an after E4 event.
Oh, if you're right, I have to wait then...
I will continue to play then (with the Eevee I caught in the park).
Thanks for your answer ^^ !

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Cause there is one on route 3

Actually, there are two Grottos in Route 3.

So then...just how soon/where is the first available hidden grotto pre-elite four?

Route 5 and Lostlorn Forest, but the one in Floccesy Ranch is accessible as soon as you get there if you have a Pokemon that knows Surf.

Funnily enough, we can visit the one in Lostlorn Forest or Floccesy Ranch before we visit the one in Route 5, yet the "tutorial" given by Bianca about the Grotto will always happen only in the one on Route 5.

Quick question, if I get White 2 and do the key thing where I change White Forest to Black City and do the Tower challenge and beat Benga(Banjirou) will I recieve the shiny Gible or will it still be the shiny Dratini?

Banjirou will appear only on the original facility, since you have White 2, that means Banjirou will appear only in White Forest's Treehollow.

He won't appear if you change the area, he will be replaced by a Veteran instead. If you beat the Veteran instead of Banjirou, that counts as beating a Veteran, not beating Banjirou, so you won't get a shiny, until you swap the City back into the Forest and challenge Banjirou.

Status
Not open for further replies.