• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokepon22

Banjirou will appear only on the original facility, since you have White 2, that means Banjirou will appear only in White Forest's Treehollow.

He won't appear if you change the area, he will be replaced by a Veteran instead. If you beat the Veteran instead of Banjirou, that counts as beating a Veteran, not beating Banjirou, so you won't get a shiny, until you swap the City back into the Forest and challenge Banjirou.

That sucks, I really wanted the shiny Gible instead of the Dratini

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
When exactly can you access memory link? I wanted to hook the games up as soon as possible.

Actually, there are two Grottos in Route 3.
Route 5 and Lostlorn Forest, but the one in Floccesy Ranch is accessible as soon as you get there if you have a Pokemon that knows Surf.

Funnily enough, we can visit the one in Lostlorn Forest or Floccesy Ranch before we visit the one in Route 5, yet the "tutorial" given by Bianca about the Grotto will always happen only in the one on Route 5.

Thank you very much ^-^. Even if my team isn't that high lvl at that point I still want to try to catch a grotto pokemon as soon as I can :)

Shien

It's cool that we can trade between BW & B2W2. I obtained my Washibon on B2 with this.
Just about the heylink missions, the missions where you have to find 5 objets in the clouds: which advices do you have?
Because I only found 4 objets because of the Onix and other Pokémon that battle with me.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Does the wi-fi method of connecting your old B/W file to your new B/W 2 file work by searching for your accomplishments from your last game sync?

I want to connect my Black file to Black 2 with my latest Musical Prop and Battle Subway accomplishments, but does it only do that for the last game sync you made by tucking in a Pokemon?

Mameshiba

I have a question about Memory Link. I have White1, but I preordered Black2. Will Memory Link not work as it is suppose to because I didn't get White's squeal? Should I call GameStop to ask if they can switch my preorder? I don't want to be penalized in my game, just because I wanted the other version. :x

Draknir

Fear the Deer
I have a question about Memory Link. I have White1, but I preordered Black2. Will Memory Link not work as it is suppose to because I didn't get White's squeal? Should I call GameStop to ask if they can switch my preorder? I don't want to be penalized in my game, just because I wanted the other version. :x

There is no penalty for doing so. It doesn't matter if Black links with Black 2 or if White links with Black 2. The only restriction, at least as far as I know, is that they have to be of the same language.

Mameshiba

There is no penalty for doing so. It doesn't matter if Black links with Black 2 or if White links with Black 2. The only restriction, at least as far as I know, is that they have to be of the same language.

That is great news! :'D Thank you! The people at the cashier were making me nervous "you sure you want Black 2 and not White 2" ><;

x.a.x

Psychic Master
I have a question I'm trying to collect all pokemon for the shining charm but it's says

"capture all the Pokémon in the National Pokédex (not counting event legends) "

does it count the event legends from old gens or does it mean Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect

and I should have Mew and Celebi and all old events to get the shining charm

R_N

I have a question I'm trying to collect all pokemon for the shining charm but it's says

"capture all the Pokémon in the National Pokédex (not counting event legends) "

does it count the event legends from old gens or does it mean Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect

and I should have Mew and Celebi and all old events to get the shining charm

Event legends counts all of them. Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione (I think), Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, & Genesect

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I guess I will make a check of things regarding memory link?

Do you need to put in the Black (White) 2 Gamesync ID into Global Link?

How many times can you actually transfer the memory link from your old game to your new game?

Does your latest Game Sync (i.e. tucking in a Pokemon) allow you to transfer your music props, subway trophies, etc.?

de_darkrai

You just need one time on that memory link's stuff

kemal07

I have a few questions actually... 3 In total...

1- I want a Cubchoo pre-E4 to use on my main team but I heard you can only get one in winter on a specific route, I also heard about them appearing in the grotto but I believe it is very rare. I was planning to trade over a Cubchoo egg WITH the avalance/Ice Punch move, I had a look at the site but found it very confusing on how to breed one, can someone simplify it for me please :)

2- There was something said about getting you Subway trophies from Black and White to the new Black and White 2 games, are these sent over automatically once we hit memory link for the flashbacks, and would this also automatically send over the musical props?

3- Is it just me encountering this problem or does the Pokemon Global Link website still pop up as 'under maintenance' for anyone else aswell?

Thanks

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
1- I want a Cubchoo pre-E4 to use on my main team but I heard you can only get one in winter on a specific route

I'm pretty sure that you can get a Cubchoo normally in BW2 at Route 7.

Sorry for not being able to answer your other questions, though.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'm pretty sure that you can get a Cubchoo normally in BW2 at Route 7.

Sorry for not being able to answer your other questions, though.

Actually, no. It's still limited to Winter.
But you can get one from the Hidden Hollow (still on Route 7) in any season if you're lucky enough.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Actually, no. It's still limited to Winter.
But you can get one from the Hidden Hollow (still on Route 7) in any season if you're lucky enough.

Oh, I didn't mean that kind of "normal". For some reason, I thought the sentence implied as though there were only one Cubchoo, like how there's only one Zekrom in White.

Status
Not open for further replies.