• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I wasn't sure where to put this so I figured this would be my best bet. I'm trying to use rng manipulation to breed a shiny DW vulpix (I know, the horror) but I can't seem to get the results I want. Does it work the same as in black/white 1 or are there some changes that I don't know about causing me to get thrown off? I've been trying for a couple hours now with no luck so if anybody has some advice i'd really appreciate it :s

Yes there is a change. I don't RNG, so I cannot explain it well. Try the RNG thread instead :)

Shiny Rokon

not sure if this question even has an answer, i am super lucky to have every pokemon game so far on top of that I have the recent ones: black, white, black 2 and white 2 and was wondering which starter I should pick for each game respectively.
If you have one game you'd just pick your favourite. In the past it was easy, 3 games & 3 starters. The originals I picked the one on the box, then later I read pokemon special to help me decide, which in black/white black has tepig and white has snivy. maybe i'll just pull them out of a hat, lol. Thanks for your help if anyone else has found this hard to choose!

1kipper

Is there a way to tell if Ive already found the dropped item? I think I have but it was so long ago when I was concentrating on other things. Im sure Ive seen Curtis but now Im looking for him using the guide on serebii I cant find him & he doesnt call.

AARGH

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Is there a way to tell if Ive already found the dropped item? I think I have but it was so long ago when I was concentrating on other things. Im sure Ive seen Curtis but now Im looking for him using the guide on serebii I cant find him & he doesnt call.

AARGH

Check your key items pouch. If it's there you have, if not you find it in Nimbasa City.

He will only call you if you are standing on certain squares, which are shown in the guide on the site.

1kipper

Thanks Charoshi. Ive checked & there's only my xtransceiver which means I havent found it. (Im sure I had) Ive been all over NImbasa City (defeated the elite 4) & havent found anything new. Can you tell me where the dropped item is or is it different in each game

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Thanks Charoshi. Ive checked & there's only my xtransceiver which means I havent found it. (Im sure I had) Ive been all over NImbasa City (defeated the elite 4) & havent found anything new. Can you tell me where the dropped item is or is it different in each game
When you go into the funfair area, walk down.

Seryu

Pokedex Hunter

AARGH

Look in your key items if you have it it will be there. ^^ Else you need to pick it up. For the calls you have to go to all areas the calls are randow and in one spot only and change everytime check serebii to see where. Hope it helps.

I was wondering i am trying to level up my entralink forest. i do a lot of level 1 missions though that may explain why it seems to level up every 4-5 missions. Do you guys have any tips?

1kipper

When you go into the funfair area, walk down.

I dont believe it, it was there!!!! That must have been the only area in the whole of Nimbasa City I hadnt been!!!!

Wish I could return the favour & help you out with your query but Im rubbish at the missions

Flame Mistress

I dont believe it, it was there!!!! That must have been the only area in the whole of Nimbasa City I hadnt been!!!!

Wish I could return the favour & help you out with your query but Im rubbish at the missions

You could've already returned the Lost Item to Nancy/Curtis. That would explain why it's no longer in your Key Items pocket.

IV help T.T

This may not be the correct forum and im aware im a bit of a noob at this but can anyone really explain to me how IVs work and what i need to do to get working on training properly with them. I EV/nature train and such, but no matter how much i read about IVs i dont understand.

..plus most sites i go to are block due to the computers i have to use.. T.T

Thank you in advanced.

Seryu

Pokedex Hunter
This may not be the correct forum and im aware im a bit of a noob at this but can anyone really explain to me how IVs work and what i need to do to get working on training properly with them. I EV/nature train and such, but no matter how much i read about IVs i dont understand.

..plus most sites i go to are block due to the computers i have to use.. T.T

Thank you in advanced.

Well can you see the serebii page of it? For EV http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml

For IV http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml

For nature http://www.serebii.net/games/natures.shtml

But basically every pokémon have their own IV let say if you take 2 pokémon same level just caught in the will. They will have different stats like one going to be stronger on attack or special attack. Slower or whatever.
The IV is point that the pokémon can have more. Can go up to 31 i think. Lets say normally your attack is 10 and you got 31IV then your pokémon will actually have 41.

Every pokémon have it own set of IV and it really hard to get good IV on all stats.

Nature change the progress of stats boosting an adamant pokémon for example won more attack point but less special attack points.

EV training can you boost Arround 2 stats. So basically lets say you have a adamant pokémon that focus on attack if you have 31 IV + Max EV training on attack = huuuge attack.

P.S. you won EV everytime you defeat a pokémon. Every pokémon give you a point of it when defeated.

IV = individual value EV= effort value

Hope it helped.

Can anyone help me leveling up my entralink forest doing the funiest mission make the level up forever ^^ i asked no one answered. But that okay. a looot of others talk came out. ^^

Cheers in advance.

thank you for the help! sadly im not able to load the links because its blocked and im stuck out in the middle of the ocean but i understand what your saying. i just need to get back on land so i can start having fun with the dream world and such! ^^

Mokepon22

Is the Zoroark glitch in the US version?

Marf

In wifi battles, is there an option to auto level all the Pokemon to 100 or cap it at 50 or something like that?
I don't want to have to grind my team to lv 100 just to be able to battle my friends over wifi.

-Nator-

In wifi battles, is there an option to auto level all the Pokemon to 100 or cap it at 50 or something like that?
I don't want to have to grind my team to lv 100 just to be able to battle my friends over wifi.

They will be down-leveled to Lv. 50 if you select the Flat Battle option, however it will only be a 3 on 3 match. No Restrictions enables full battles, but will not auto-level your Pokemon.
If you're talking about Random Match-Up, same thing as Flat Battle rule. Just be sure your Pokemon are at least Lv. 50, otherwise they will be underleveled.
Don't ask who came up with these rules, because I sure as heck wouldn't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.